Who here is aware of the current war within?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    And of course in their own self-definitions they can't possibly be racists themselves, or maybe more accurately, that their racism can't be oppressive, so it's okay, and even justified against the oppressors.
    Under CRT, and wokeism more broadly, it's impossible to be racist against white people. Not "oh that doesn't happen", but literally impossible because of structural etc.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    And of course in their own self-definitions they can't possibly be racists themselves, or maybe more accurately, that their racism can't be oppressive, so it's okay, and even justified against the oppressors.
    Oppress the oppressors. Fight fascists with fascism. Racism must be used to eradicate racism.

The ends justify the means.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Under CRT, and wokeism more broadly, it's impossible to be racist against white people. Not "oh that doesn't happen", but literally impossible because of structural etc.
    Some of the Wokeologists have said that Black people can hate white people, can be prejudiced against white people, and have even gone so far as to call that racist. But it's justified because their hatred is natural, against oppressors. Their racism can't be oppressive because of those power structures. So it's individual racism and not systemic racism. Systemic racism can only be applied to white people because it's their system and designed to oppress minorities.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oppress the oppressors. Fight fascists with fascism. Racism must be used to eradicate racism.

The ends justify the means.
    Yes. If I were to sum up the goal of CRT, in a simplification of their own words, it's to flip the hierarchy. That's a bit reductive, but it's true enough.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yes. If I were to sum up the goal of CRT, in a simplification of their own words, it's to flip the hierarchy. That's a bit reductive, but it's true enough.
    Pretty much. It's not just equality of peaceful co-existence that they are seeking. Their end goal is dominance. They want all white people to be submissive.

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Going through the same thing with my father right now.
    The parallels with Biden's freakish behavior is so blindingly obvious that I can't help but laugh at what a mess we're in.

Watching a loved one, especially your father go down that way is honestly worse than death.
    At an operating level, I dealt with the difficulties by reminding myself that I was a handful for her when I was young.

Reactions: KG1

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    One can only surmise that the current occupant in the oval office is in favor of CRT based training programs. Someone needs to press his circle jerk press secretary on the issue of CRT and what the official WH take on it is. Get the a-holes on record and make them defend it and if she tries to blow it off with this "circle back" bull **** then we know what the answer is.
    No need to surmise. The Biden Administration is openly pushing for CRT in public schools.

Reactions: KG1

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    CRT in action right here, as brought to us by the Epoch Times.

Screenshot_20210516-094633_Epoch Times.jpg

How in the universe can standardized tests be racist unless one is arguing from the premise that racial minorities are inherently stupid?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    CRT in action right here, as brought to us by the Epoch Times.

View attachment 140211

How in the universe can standardized tests be racist unless one is arguing from the premise that racial minorities are inherently stupid?
    The argument I most commonly hear is that white students have the money, time and parental support to get tutoring and or spend time learning how to prep for the test. Students of color either don't have the time or money to practice. At least that's the excuse given.

On average, students of lower income households perform lower than those with more money, which might hurt a student with exceptional grades and GPA, but a lower SAT score. They lose access to Ivy League schools just based on a low test result.

I do think there is room to talk about how grades and test scores are weighted, to give the best picture of a student's overall capability, but many of the claims are based on racial stereotypes, like black and brown students can't possibly prepare for SAT's the way white kids do.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The argument I most commonly hear is that white students have the money, time and parental support to get tutoring and or spend time learning how to prep for the test. Students of color either don't have the time or money to practice. At least that's the excuse given.

On average, students of lower income households perform lower than those with more money, which might hurt a student with exceptional grades and GPA, but a lower SAT score. They lose access to Ivy League schools just based on a low test result.

I do think there is room to talk about how grades and test scores are weighted, to give the best picture of a student's overall capability, but many of the claims are based on racial stereotypes, like black and brown students can't possibly prepare for SAT's the way white kids do.

I would say that we are pretty close in general here. I dont believe that standardized tests should be the end all and be all of admissions decisions, nor do I believe they should be ignored.

I can attest from personal experience that you can come from a home in which not only are you not being supported but are being constantly presented with extraneous problems that are academically harmful and still manage a presentable SAT score.

My guess is that the real goal is to limit higher education (eroding quality notwithstanding) to politically selected recipients.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I was so much happier in my life when I was studying engineering and CRT meant "Cathode Ray Tube" as commonly used in Oscilloscopes and television sets of the time. The biggest worry was being electrocuted if you contacted the anode voltage supply.
    Yay! High voltage power supplies, and probes way longer than my Johnson...

Top Bottom