Who here is aware of the current war within?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Hence his reverting to profanity filled tirades with his staff. He is confused lost and angry. And all those arms up his keister can not be pleasant.
    Absolutely. Same thing I had with grandma going through the process of dementia. The further along she got, the less she understood about anything around her, the less vocabulary she could remember, and eventually she was down to a lot of hitting and cussing.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Absolutely. Same thing I had with grandma going through the process of dementia. The further along she got, the less she understood about anything around her, the less vocabulary she could remember, and eventually she was down to a lot of hitting and cussing.
    And then comes the "sundowners"...

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I am unfortunetly aware of the effects that dementia can have. It's a cruel disease that will slowly rob one of every ounce of their being both mentally and physically. It finally took my Mother's life last November.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I am unfortunetly aware of the effects that dementia can have. It's a cruel disease that will slowly rob one of every ounce of their being both mentally and physically. It finally took my Mother's life last November.
    I stayed with grandma for 2 1/2 years. She really didn't want to leave the farm where she lived since 1955. She was down to needing to be watched 24/7 by the end of that time. My aunt moved grandma in with her for the last year. Shortly after the move I was hospitalized with congestive heart failure but still returned to watching grandma for one afternoon/evening on weekends, sometimes both, so my aunt could have a reprieve.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I stayed with grandma for 2 1/2 years. She really didn't want to leave the farm where she lived since 1955. She was down to needing to be watched 24/7 by the end of that time. My aunt moved grandma in with her for the last year. Shortly after the move I was hospitalized with congestive heart failure but still returned to watching grandma for one afternoon/evening on weekends, sometimes both, so my aunt could have a reprieve.
    Yeah it's heartbreaking to watch a loved one go through the dibilitating process. My sister and I were my Mother's caretakers at home and witnessed every bit of her decline throughout the last 4 years of her life until she could no longer communicate or sustain herself by intaking food and liquids.

I know we all bust on Biden for his apparent cognitive decline and if it is indeed due to the onset of dementia the last place he needs to be is sitting in the oval office.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Going through the same thing with my father right now.
    The parallels with Biden's freakish behavior is so blindingly obvious that I can't help but laugh at what a mess we're in.

Watching a loved one, especially your father go down that way is honestly worse than death.

• Sad
    Reactions: KG1

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    Yeah it's heartbreaking to watch a loved one go through the dibilitating process. My sister and I were my Mother's caretakers at home and witnessed every bit of her decline throughout the last 4 years of her life until she could no longer communicate or sustain herself by intaking food and liquids.

I know we all bust on Biden for his apparent cognitive decline and if it is indeed due to the onset of dementia the last place he needs to be is sitting in the oval office.
    I have lost loved ones to dementia as well and it is heartbreaking.

I have said this before, I don't think Biden will ever make it through four years in office. I believe the plan has always been to use him as the means to install Harris as the president. I don't know which one will be worse for our nation because both of them are puppets and advancing the same agenda to eventually destroy our nation. Their handlers are working furiously to achieve their goals before the 2022 elections. They're concerned that the people are finally waking up and will work to make them the minority again.

• Sad
    Reactions: KG1

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    My country succumbed to a dementia. With the inability to govern emotions, the loss of cognitive abilities, the acceptance of nonsensical paradigms, denial and turning away from what was before its eyes, clinging desperately to familiar and comfortable falsehoods, lashing out in frustration and all the while convinced that foolishness was reality. Stupefaction incarnate.
    Seeing it die was painful indeed.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    One can only surmise that the current occupant in the oval office is in favor of CRT based training programs. Someone needs to press his circle jerk press secretary on the issue of CRT and what the official WH take on it is. Get the a-holes on record and make them defend it and if she tries to blow it off with this "circle back" bull **** then we know what the answer is.

I think we already know what the answer is. But it needs to be brought out in the open.
    Remind me what CRT is? All I can think of is Cathode Ray Tube, but it's early and I need coffee.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Thanks! NOw I can do some searching to find out what this BS phrase is supposed to mean. My hypothesis is that since I am an older white male, I am the root of all evil and strife.
    CRT isn't straightforward. It's not a "theory" at all, for example. There's not really a concise definition that does the meaning justice, but this is pretty good. It is from a critical source, so obviously it's a biased viewpoint, but the author, James Lindsey, does a good job giving it justice. He approaches it using their own language.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Remind me what CRT is? All I can think of is Cathode Ray Tube, but it's early and I need coffee.
    Critical Race Theory. It's basically used as a re-education based program being pushed on federal government agencies, the corporate world and academia to get whites to acknowledge that they are all racists. It's tactics and goals are all laid out pretty well in the OP's article. Well worth the read.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I have lost loved ones to dementia as well and it is heartbreaking.

I have said this before, I don't think Biden will ever make it through four years in office. I believe the plan has always been to use him as the means to install Harris as the president. I don't know which one will be worse for our nation because both of them are puppets and advancing the same agenda to eventually destroy our nation. Their handlers are working furiously to achieve their goals before the 2022 elections. They're concerned that the people are finally waking up and will work to make them the minority again.
    I believe we will find out within the next couple of years. In the case of my Mother's decline it took approx. 4 years from the visible onset until she finally succumbed to the disease. She was 83.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Thanks! NOw I can do some searching to find out what this BS phrase is supposed to mean. My hypothesis is that since I am an older white male, I am the root of all evil and strife.
    It's not just older white males. They are even trying to indoctrinate white school children into believing that they are inherently racists.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My country succumbed to a dementia. With the inability to govern emotions, the loss of cognitive abilities, the acceptance of nonsensical paradigms, denial and turning away from what was before its eyes, clinging desperately to familiar and comfortable falsehoods, lashing out in frustration and all the while convinced that foolishness was reality. Stupefaction incarnate.
    Seeing it die was painful indeed.
    I generally agree, however, I don't think it's a loss of cognitive abilities that causes an acceptance of nonsensical paradigms. Very smart people can believe in nonsensical paradigms. I often mention my SIL who is very smart, but also believes some pretty nutty things not evidenced by reality. She was a competitor for valedictorian in a class of 1000. Her cognitive abilities are better than mine.

But she believes nutty things, like that guns in the hands of people, changes them and makes them want to kill people. As she told me this I chuckled knowing that my Shield 9 was in my pocket and my Walther P99 was concealed on my hip in a hybrid holster at just about 5 o'clock, yet harming innocent people had never crossed my mind. She has also shown signs that she's buying into the anti-racist white ally nonsense. "Anti-racist" is code for racist. In white people it manifests as loathing of their own race such that they aid the "oppressed" in flipping the oppression.

She uses her cognitive ability to justify her actions because it's instinctive. This seems to be a phenominon supported by the research of Johnathon Heidt. Instincts drive human behavior and cognitive ability appears to be used to evaluate and support the instincts, and update world view as new beliefs form.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's not just older white males. They are even trying to indoctrinate white school children into believing that they are inherently racists.
    And of course in their own self-definitions they can't possibly be racists themselves, or maybe more accurately, that their racism can't be oppressive, so it's okay, and even justified against the oppressors.

Reactions: Leo
    Top Bottom