• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I highly recommend Wild Turkey American Honey. It's very smooth and has a nice sweet taste.

Very good stuff, but only once every few months; otherwise I get burnt out on it...But once in awhile, I'll go get a fifth of it, toss it in the freezer for a few hours and on poker night, grab shot glasses and put the bottle in the middle of the table and that thing is gone quick.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    Very good stuff, but only once every few months; otherwise I get burnt out on it...But once in awhile, I'll go get a fifth of it, toss it in the freezer for a few hours and on poker night, grab shot glasses and put the bottle in the middle of the table and that thing is gone quick.

Im gonna have to start playing cards at your house Joe!

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    +1 for Makers Mark!
    I have been to the distillery 3 times now. If it hasnt been mentioned they have a candle light tour during the Christmas season. the master distiller and other people will sign 2 bottles of their product (even if you didnt buy it directly there that day). its really neat to see the whole distillery and warehouses in the Christmas lights and such.

also if you arent the biggest makers collector, the wax on the bottles sometimes changes colors (like when the colts on the sb) they had blue and white bottles.. last year the did black and gold, red and white and navy blue and gold wax bottles for the colleges they represent. also once in a blue moon you'll find a slam dunk bottle... ill leave that one up to you guys to figure out what im talking about if you dont already (and yes i do have one i actually found at a store)

ill post pictures of my collection here later (didnt realize i would bring a thread back from the dead!

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Mmm...bourbon. Right in my wheelhouse. On someone else's nickel I'll drink Pappy Van Winkle. Enjoyed the A.H. Hirsch bottle my wife got me a few birthdays ago; hard to get now. Prized bottles are signed bottles of Wild Turkey Tribute. Open on my counter at the moment are Elijah Craig 12 yr, a steal at the price; Eagle Rare; Waltham's; Old Pogue - a lawyer here in Indy has claim to that family recipe I hear; Bulleit; Wild Turkey Rare Breed; The three B's...Booker's, Baker's and Blanton's; and a random bottle of Ezra B. Then there are the rye's...

tem375

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    also once in a blue moon you'll find a slam dunk bottle... ill leave that one up to you guys to figure out what im talking about if you dont already (and yes i do have one i actually found at a store)

I would love to find a slam dunk bottle, I was lucky enough to see one get slam dunked on the tour, but I have never seen one in the store.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Post pics!

I just got back from a trip to TN and on the way, stopped in KY. I picked up a 750mil of Maker's. There is a tax increase on liqour in KY and Maker's is voluntarily eating the tax increase for a while to help KYians ease into the transition.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I would love to find a slam dunk bottle, I was lucky enough to see one get slam dunked on the tour, but I have never seen one in the store.

ive seen about 4 or 5 get dunked while on the tours there... makes you just want to grab and run and throw a 50.00 down!

if you talk toanyone at most any store they may tell you they ebay them... i was told this at 2 or 3 stores after buying for a while... upset me untill one day... there she was... sitting on the shelf high and pretty. 50 some odd dollars later shes on my shelf even higher and prettier! (only downside was i had enough money for one bottle and was out at home :( ) but it had to be!!

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Mostly I drink Wild Turkey Rare Breed or another one of the barrel proof name bourbons. Best served over ice...nothing added. Of course if I liked you and knew you didn't sully good bourbon with soda-pop or other sissy affectations I might offer you a taste of Bottle in Bond Old Grand Dad that is pushing 45 years old now...

I do have to wonder if this guy will come down in price any... 93 years old...should be smooth by now...

93 yr old Bottle "George Baker" Silver Plume Whiskey - eBay (item 140438655751 end time Aug-16-10 19:30:30 PDT)

Last edited:

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Distilled liquors do not get better with age when bottled... they do not improve in taste; they may worsen (but doubtful). They ONLY get better (to a point) in casks/barrels. Frustrating, I know. I always hear of people cleaning out their dead relative's houses and finding 30-45 bottles of near full or full hooch and expecting it to be worth a premium. It does NOT get better with age.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    agreed with the above.
    ive also heard when the bottle is open, esp if the bottle is less then half full, the air can kill the taste quickly.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    wgg001.jpg

wgg010.jpg

wgg002a.jpg

i dont have any pictures of the distillery of MM on my laptop :( but those are all my unopened bottles (cept for the crown xr and cask 16, those have been opened.) these pics also include the jim beam bottles and early times mint julep bottles.

there maybe other items in the pictures above... ya never know!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom