• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Buddy bought a sccy 9mm .... that was the worst gun i've ever put my hands on. Too much kick for a 9mm, and jammed at least once for every mag, for every shooter. I give it, 2 thumbs down

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    Hands down the desert eagle.

YUCK.

Love the Jericho series handguns, they feel very good in the hand. But I'd rather not have a cinderblock attached on my person that fires portable mortars. No, seriously. I hate desert eagles.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    Hands down the desert eagle.

YUCK.

Love the Jericho series handguns, they feel very good in the hand. But I'd rather not have a cinderblock attached on my person that fires portable mortars. No, seriously. I hate desert eagles.

Sorry, that's a hand cannon not a pistol.

Lol, personal experience puts the Taurus PT-845 at my most hated #1. Out of 300 rounds assorted 230gr FMJ/JHP from various brands, it just jammed like mad. Nearly a total of 50 failures including a small few stovepipes, A LOT of FTF's, but MASSIVE amount of FTE's. Ended up losing its' firing pin by shooting out the back of the gun into my buddy's chest. Not a fun day.

Sent it into Taurus and they repaired it fast, paid for shipping both ways. But I'm sorry, a gun with that many issues and the firing pin that failed 300 rounds into it, I'll pass.

I purchased the gun brand new and I know proper handling, and no limp-wristing was involved. If anything, I'm surprised none of us broke the little polymer frame on this thing in anticipation of recoil, albeit the lack thereof. This thing didn't kick much at all.

hueycrew

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Cabot
    I fully agree with the SW Sigma. I actually shot IDPA and started in USPSA with a Sigma years ago. USPSA Limited with a Sigma - cannot believe I just re-lived that moment. I'll never forget the trigger. Pull, keep pulling, just a little more... Then Sprooinggg bang!

A friend has a SW SD9. He actually likes that pistol. I have not handled/shot one yet.

Add an RG .22lr revolver. Hate to admit I still have it in the bottom of the safe.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Not to derail this too badly but a 6906? I think you're the first owner that I've ever heard of that didn't love it. If I can ask, what was a problem with it for you? I only inquire because I've got three 3rd Gen S&W .45s and have considered the 6906 as the next one I wanted.

Thanks in advance!

(Oh, the "pig in lipstick" was a more appropriate analogy for appearance I guess. :): I would hazard a guess that lipstick in no way improves or impairs the performance of a swine in any routine or non-routine duties.)

DISCLAIMER: NO PORK WAS SOILED, SULLIED, ABUSED, RIDICULED, HARASSED, TORMENTED OR OTHERWISE MALIGNED IN THIS POST BEYOND STANDARD AND ACCEPTED COMMUNITY STANDARDS. NO GUARANTEE OR ASSURANCES SHOULD BE ASSUMED OR IMPLIED AS REGARDS TO GOATS.

GOT BACON?

I'm actually shocked by both of these being on a hate list. I've owned several P series Rugers and still own a P89DC, never had the first sign of trouble with any of them. And I also have never heard one bad word about S&W 6906.

P89 was a jam-o-matic plus you could pull the trigger--nothing--wait 10 seconds and it would drop the hammer and fire.

6906 the trigger was horrendous like dragging a cement block through sand with a piece of kite string

Ruger and S&W both make great revolvers and the MK series from Ruger are awsome other than that I don't want one.

kmorris

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    I am surprised by how few post I have read in this thread that are bashing Hi-Point. There are a couple but not as many as I expected after reading the title. I only say this because it seems when people are WTT they make a point to say "NO Hi-Points".

So what is the deal? Do people like them or not, or is it just popular not to like them?

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    XD's, not just because I am a glock guy but I HATE the fact you can insert the mags in backwards...just plain idiotic engineering IMO!
    I know it wouldn't be a problem just plinking around on the range, but lets say you're in a fight and end up dropping a mag while trying to reload, pick it up and insert it backwards. Now you're dead.

SERVED_USMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Lake County
    Sig Mosquito. By far the biggest hunk of crap for a pistol I have ever owned. Bad trigger, wouldnt feed any ammo I put through it. It was better off as a paperweight. Never again.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    XD's, not just because I am a glock guy but I HATE the fact you can insert the mags in backwards...just plain idiotic engineering IMO!
    I know it wouldn't be a problem just plinking around on the range, but lets say you're in a fight and end up dropping a mag while trying to reload, pick it up and insert it backwards. Now you're dead.

DANG that DOES SUCK!!!

My first gun was an XD-40 and I've always liked the design. Call me a pro, but I've never inserted an XD mag backward :cool:

BUT - In a quick hussle, it would be a fatal flaw if I couldn't insert my mag properly :xmad:

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    I hate all handguns, in fact I openly support all efforts to ban them.

The only handgun I would say I disliked was my Raven .25. I hated how the finish was paint. Other than that I had 0 failures with it :dunno:

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i am surprised that people hate the Sigma as much as they do. Sure the trigger is bad, but the 9VE was a completely reliable pistol and was plenty accurate for carry purposes.

Do those that hate the Sigma due to the trigger also hate snubs like the S&W 642? God awful triggers on those things.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    I hated my sigma 40VE because of the accuracy. At the time I really didnt have a feel for what a good trigger was, but it couldnt hit the broad side of a barn if it was pressed agianst it. It also wasnt just me shooting either. Before I sold that gun I was convinced that I was shooting blanks out of it. I really dont like the sigma's! I am not really a fan of the ravens or the jennings 25's either, but they are handy to have because of thier size.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    i am surprised that people hate the Sigma as much as they do. Sure the trigger is bad, but the 9VE was a completely reliable pistol and was plenty accurate for carry purposes.

Do those that hate the Sigma due to the trigger also hate snubs like the S&W 642? God awful triggers on those things.

Nope not just the crappy trigger. I have other guns with a long double action trigger pull feel, like the Kahr PM45 which is silky smooth and accurate. The best way to hit something with a Sigma is to throw the gun, forget trying to shoot it. It may be reliable but so are boat anchors which is what a Sigma is really best suited for.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i never had any problems hitting the bullseye with mine. i guess i got a lemon. ;)

i dont think the sigma's trigger is really any worse than the trigger on my m&p 45. and i actually prefer the Sigma's grip. I'm content with being the oddball. :)

Top Bottom