• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tmccorkel

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Chesterton
    I had a AMT Backup in 380 caliber years ago. I never could get it to fire all the way thru a full magazine of ammumition no matter what type of ammunition I was trying. Lubricating it did not help at all. What a POS.

I have the same pistol and have yet to make it through a full mag as well.

backtrail540

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 3, 2008
    Angola, IN
    I don't necessarily "hate" it...but the overpopularity of the desert eagle in movies, video games, etc...I don't like how they make it seem like they are practical and that everybody and their brother has one and carries it with them everywhere.

JStark6213

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    Brownsburg, IN
    First is the High Point JHP, they are "cheap" in every sense of the word, an unrealistic amount of plastic, with that being said they are extremely heavy and lets face it they are as ugly as sin.

Second, I love 1911's except if they are chambered in anything other than 45. 22 9mm etc; it is an abomination if it isn't chambered in 45.... in my humble opinion if your gonna buy a 1911 go big or go home.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    First is the High Point JHP, they are "cheap" in every sense of the word, an unrealistic amount of plastic, with that being said they are extremely heavy and lets face it they are as ugly as sin.

Second, I love 1911's except if they are chambered in anything other than 45. 22 9mm etc; it is an abomination if it isn't chambered in 45.... in my humble opinion if your gonna buy a 1911 go big or go home.

what about the 10mm or .357 ones? :ar15:

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    I don't necessarily "hate" it...but the overpopularity of the desert eagle in movies, video games, etc...I don't like how they make it seem like they are practical and that everybody and their brother has one and carries it with them everywhere.[/QUOTE

What?

My most disliked was a g19 that had erratic ejection, lots of brass to my face. Solved that with an early gen3, my favorite handgun thus far. Go figure. When you have one really bad eye, hot brass to the good one is a no-no, safety glasses or not.

dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Has to be the Judge; the gun that started the thinking that a 410 out of a revolver made a good SD gun.

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    I have respect for the Hi-Point pistol. I've seen it go through tremendous torture tests and come back fighting every time. But it's got to be the ugliest fire arm ever created.

Crydaddy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I don't necessarily "hate" it...but the overpopularity of the desert eagle in movies, video games, etc...I don't like how they make it seem like they are practical and that everybody and their brother has one and carries it with them everywhere.[/QUOTE

What?

My most disliked was a g19 that had erratic ejection, lots of brass to my face. Solved that with an early gen3, my favorite handgun thus far. Go figure. When you have one really bad eye, hot brass to the good one is a no-no, safety glasses or not.

I had a gen 4. Brass everywhere. Sold it after 200 rounds.

kmorris

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    For those who hate Hi-Points:

Do you hate them for their looks and weight, or for their functionality and performance?

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    For those who hate Hi-Points:

Do you hate them for their looks and weight, or for their functionality and performance?
    all of the above. just kidding. looks and weight. way to bulky, and ugly. Assuming they are reliable, i would probably be willing to use it as a house gun, as long as thats it. but a shotgun would fill that role better. so i see no need for this weapon.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    XD's, not just because I am a glock guy but I HATE the fact you can insert the mags in backwards...just plain idiotic engineering IMO!
    I know it wouldn't be a problem just plinking around on the range, but lets say you're in a fight and end up dropping a mag while trying to reload, pick it up and insert it backwards. Now you're dead.

I am not sure which XD you are refering to. I own an XD45 and XDM40 and I tried inserting the mag backwards( haven't ever accidentally done so before) and neither of them fit in more than an inch or so.

For all the Sigma haters I will have to add my name to that list. Horrible trigger, difficult to take down, Difficult to shoot accuratly(thanks to the trigger again) Owned one briefly in 40 S&W. Never again.

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    Newly added to the list this weekend. Beretta nano. This is a flat flat flat square gun. Has absolutely no personality. Thats two beretta. I am starting to get worried about you.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I'm upset about the throwaway comment. If you can't rest assured in a justifiable shooting, hold their ass at gunpoint. -1 on that post.

I really don't like the looks of 90% of the subcompact guns.

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    Sub-compact "pocket" guns in general!

Those short muzzles create less accuracy, less gun to stick inside your waistband, and more recoil than is desirable...for what?..Concealability?...try and find my full size hi-power or 1911 on me...go ahead...make my day.

Pffft!...sub-compact....

God bless
    -Shred

Top Bottom