• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueDog

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    NE Indiana
    I have never had much confidence in any .380, these seem to malfunction more than any other pistol caliber. Contrary to a few of the other posts, I keep coming back to the Beretta 92 format as what I am most comfortable with.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    I don't have any I hate... yet... I had a Hi-Point in .40 (pistol and carbine) and never had a problem bigger than a feed issue due to a new mag. I do know that .9mm and 380 are made by one manufacture and .40 by another and .45 by yet another.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Jennings 22cal semi autos. POS, jammamatic to the max. Traded it for a Davis Derringer, did shoot it a couple times. In my safe for a poker game piece, or a queen.

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Perform lika a pig with lipstick? Do you think i could possibly just let you say something like that and not make jokes?

I will resist temtation for now.:laugh:

Yeah. Perform like a pig with lipstick. Tijuana has everything, they are expanding their platform out to include pigs with lipstick now too.
    lipstick-on-a-pig.jpg

Anyhow: I am not fond of Glocks. 85% of that is grip angle and texture, I've tried every Gen and cannot hold it comfortably. The last 15% is strictly personal bias. 5% dislike on the polymer, and 10% on the lack of external safeties.

Jennings.. I wouldn't even touch one. Part brand snob, Mostly (95%) distrust. I have never had an issue with a Rossi/Taurus Revolver, but I do not care for their pistols at all. I will also jump on the Sigma wagon, mainly because it's like rubbing two pieces of 60 grit sandpaper together on that squeeze.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I've had Jennings and Ravens, all shot fine and had no problems. Hi-Points.... never shot one, never held one, don't want to shoot, or hold one. I think the designer was fired from his job at a boat anchor factory, and needed to do something with cheap metal so he made them and put a trigger guard on to attach a rope, the fact that it shoots is just a coincidence.......

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    The Grindel top load 380 it looks like a Kel Tec but not even close

I'd forgotten about that one. My first wife got one of those when they first came out (early 90's probably). Wow. Piece of junk!! I think she kept it for 2 months before unloading it for a Colt Mustang.

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    Its funny to see how many people hate Taurus. I have a PT24/7 9mm, and have THOUSANDS of flawless rounds through it...the trigger isnt that bad IMO. I prefer my G23 to it greatly.

I truly hated the Charter Arms Pathfinder .22mag I used to have, in fact so much, that I sold it after about 20 minutes of ownership. I fired 42 rounds through it, and the extractor was crooked, which caused the cases to bulge and lock up in the cylinder every single time.

Im not extremely fond of my SW Bodyguard 38 either...but thats just preference...snubbies dont do it for me.

dpbstevens

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Akron
    I can honestly say that jiminez would be one that I'm not surprised to see on here but as far as a jiminez I have the 9mm although it is a cheapy I have ran at least a hundred rounds through it since I took possession and not an issue so for me that is my throw away gun for intruders one that cops will none the less keep if an intruder is Shot. I thnk the hi point is similar to the jiminez cheap and good for one thing night stand storage but the worst I have seen was an all Chrome cobra 9mm that was awful

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    Wyoming Arms 45, Company was only in business 1 year. Gun would start to come apart after each shot. Most people have never even heard of them.

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    About 15 years ago my wife bought me a Beretta 96 for my birthday. It shot so poorly in my hands (my fault, I am certain) that I got rid of it with the week for another 1911.

Also, the T/C Encore pistols. Every time I go to one of our local shops, I pick one up w/ the intention of buying it only to find that (mysteriously) it still does not fit my hand. How dare they make a pistol that versatile and not make a grip that fits (and probably breaks) smaller hands.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I'd have to say Taurus. Any Taurus.

I also have to 100% agree. All three Taurus pistols that I owned, had to go back to the factory for repairs. (Mdl 85, PT22 and PT111)

Also have a strong dislike for the H&R 999 Sportsman revolver. Owned two different ones and had nothing but misfires and broken actions with both of them.

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    I did not hate it but owned a Skyy or SCCY 9mm. Had light trigger strikes and way too many failure to fire issues. It was gone after two weeks. Since then I have kept in mind that you get what you pay for. When it comes to firearms, I will only buy what has already been tried and proven itself. Especially if it is a firearm I am using to defend my family or friends.

armyvet209

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    LAKE COUNTY
    s&w sigma, any and all taurus pistols, any lorcin/davis pistols - all junk and are only useful as paper weights or if for some strange reason you own a bunch of them you could tie them all together and use as a boat anchor.....but they'd probably stink at that too.

viiiupndhead

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Auburn
    The PF9 is a lot of recoil, but for the price and size I kept it. I couldn't wait to get rid of a Taurus 740 Slim. Trigger was miserable and the webbing between my thumb and forefinger was bleeding after 100 rounds. Truly a pistol not worth owning.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom