• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krvincen

Marksman
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    May 20, 2011
    Osceola
    LOL, the poor S&W Stigma, what a shame!! I had one of the original SW40F models. F for full size, and never had a single hiccup. Friend had same experience, but being priced wya back then close to the glocks, they had a hard time selling a "copy". They brought out the mighty SW40V for "value". That was the worst freaking piece of crap ever made. I wouldnt even dare to compare hi-points to it, and the damned thing looked identical to our F models. After that we couldnt give the darned things away.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Springfield (1911)... S&W (M&P Series)... Walther (P22/P99)...

I love and own top quality pistols... but as much as I hate Hi-point for the cheapness,
    They really are decent performers and with their lifetime warranty - hard to beat it for a starting firearm.

With that said - Yes, I absolutely hate the Hi-point for its' looks.
    Think of a REALLY ugly girl... that's surprisingly great under the sheets. :n00b:

The nastiest pistol I've personally handled was probably the S&W Sigma series.
    I understand that they're liked by many that own them... but lets face it, it's a base model Corvette.

That is all. I really enjoy guns so it's hard to hate many. :rockwoot:

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    A buddy of mine had a Raven .25 that I hated until it came apart in his hand. Well, I still hated it after that, but he got rid of it then.:)

I was a committed wheel gun guy until I fired a Raven. After that it took many years to trust a semi auto. It took a 1911 to rehabilitate me.

cswan

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Howard County
    I had a Kelt-tec PF-9. I could never get it to run right. After 3 trips to the mother ship I ended up trading at my LGS towards a Smith 442. Never was able to be confident with the Kel-Tec

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    i am going to create a lot of enemies for this comment, but i believe it has to be said.
    I hate the 1911. The pistol itself does not bother me. my problem is with the people who own them and think they are the greatest weapon on the planet. i will say it is a nice gun, but the greates weapon on the planet, if we were just looking at pistols, i am not sure it makes the top 10. if does make the top ten, it does not make the top 5. it does not shoot bowling balls that destroy everything they hit. they are heavy. they carry low round count, and even the ammo is heavy. 100 years only because the U.S. government did not want to spend money unless they absolutly had to. Both my father and uncle are vietnam vets, and they think the 1911s are junk. if the government had not selected it as its standard sidearm, i just dont believe that they would still be produced today.

now with that rant out of the way. i will have one of my own someday. i do like the design. i am a fan of ww2 weaponry and it falls right in line with it. but 1300 for a kimber, that no one can prove that it is not just an over priced, 100 year old peice of technology.
    when i get one, it will be strip model, to customize on my own, or a taurus.
    people need to have open minds while looking at guns. they should not be dogged because they are not 100 years old, or they dont shoot cannon balls that annilate small planets.
    they need to be dogged because of function issues, because they are heavy and ugly(hi-point).
    so in the end i will hate the 1911, until its die hard fans, Grow up.
    Damn i feel so much better.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    i am going to create a lot of enemies for this comment, but i believe it has to be said.
    I hate the 1911. The pistol itself does not bother me. my problem is with the people who own them and think they are the greatest weapon on the planet. i will say it is a nice gun, but the greates weapon on the planet, if we were just looking at pistols, i am not sure it makes the top 10. if does make the top ten, it does not make the top 5. it does not shoot bowling balls that destroy everything they hit. they are heavy. they carry low round count, and even the ammo is heavy. 100 years only because the U.S. government did not want to spend money unless they absolutly had to. Both my father and uncle are vietnam vets, and they think the 1911s are junk. if the government had not selected it as its standard sidearm, i just dont believe that they would still be produced today.

now with that rant out of the way. i will have one of my own someday. i do like the design. i am a fan of ww2 weaponry and it falls right in line with it. but 1300 for a kimber, that no one can prove that it is not just an over priced, 100 year old peice of technology.
    when i get one, it will be strip model, to customize on my own, or a taurus.
    people need to have open minds while looking at guns. they should not be dogged because they are not 100 years old, or they dont shoot cannon balls that annilate small planets.
    they need to be dogged because of function issues, because they are heavy and ugly(hi-point).
    so in the end i will hate the 1911, until its die hard fans, Grow up.
    Damn i feel so much better.

ohnoyoudidnt.gif

Top Bottom