• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • .452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Not sure if I hate any handguns but I strongly dislike Hi Point. I had a CF380. Sent it back 3 times for repair and it never solved the problem. I dig their carbines though. My Taurus PT111 Pro 9mm felt like crap, especially the trigger pull. I liked my KelTec P3AT a lot. Not one FTF or FTE in over 300 rds. Sold just because needed money. Out of personal experience those are the only ones I really don't like.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Not to derail this too badly but a 6906? I think you're the first owner that I've ever heard of that didn't love it. If I can ask, what was a problem with it for you? I only inquire because I've got three 3rd Gen S&W .45s and have considered the 6906 as the next one I wanted.

Thanks in advance!

(Oh, the "pig in lipstick" was a more appropriate analogy for appearance I guess. :): I would hazard a guess that lipstick in no way improves or impairs the performance of a swine in any routine or non-routine duties.)

DISCLAIMER: NO PORK WAS SOILED, SULLIED, ABUSED, RIDICULED, HARASSED, TORMENTED OR OTHERWISE MALIGNED IN THIS POST BEYOND STANDARD AND ACCEPTED COMMUNITY STANDARDS. NO GUARANTEE OR ASSURANCES SHOULD BE ASSUMED OR IMPLIED AS REGARDS TO GOATS.

GOT BACON?
    Yes, please tell us why you dislike the 6906. I've never heard a bad word about them.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    ^ really? Why

This is coming from military use.

As aircrew, we used the M9. I thought it was unreliable and not very accurate. If the Air Force wants to pretend we'll use pistols if we are shot down, I would take a wheel gun before the M9.

If forced to stay with 9mm, we should have picked the P226 or Mk23 for reliability and accuracy. The best choice would be to stay with the 1911 .45

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Honestly I dislike the SW Sigma and the Hi Point series of pistols. I owned a Hi Point after reading all the hype so I picked up a C9 to see what it was all about, after firing it a few times and just looking at it's overall build quality I just didn't care for it...as for the SW Sigma... to me it's a Glock knock off with a heavy trigger pull, I prefer the Gen 3 S&W autos or the M&P's.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    PT111 is top on my list of hated pistols, my main issue here is the tendancy mine had to stove pipe, even after sending it back to taurus, thing wouldnt run any ammo I could find, tried no less than 2 dozen different ammos, types, bullet wieghts, powder loads etc. Stove pipe every dang round. Taurus replaced the extractor under warranty after an 8 week wait, still did it.

2nd vote is for the Berretta M9 used by our military, having carried one in real world situations, unreliable and not very accurate, although part of that is to the thousands upon thousands of rounds put through them but I still think its a poor combat pistol for reliability, my unit always had a lot of match catch and trigger springs break. Plus, I don't like how it breaks down either, and if you've ever been part of a platoon hunting for a guide rod in the woods, it sucks.

3rd note, I just triple 7s on post count, wheres my jackpot INGO :)

Last edited:

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    OK, ill say it. Mosins... BC they are so awesome that none of our modern weapons can hold a candle to their old technology and German killing abilities.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    OK, ill say it. Mosins... BC they are so awesome that none of our modern weapons can hold a candle to their old technology and German killing abilities.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

35fuxp.jpg

whiteman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    knee Deep In Mud
    Hate? Meh... none at all. I recognize others have different tastes from my own. Knives, lights, cars, guns, motorcycles, women... everybody likes different things.

A couple that I can't wrap my mind around? I think the XD subcompacts are as ugly, or uglier, than HiPoints even. .410 shotgun revolvers? They look and perform, to my mind, like a pig with lipstick.

I am with ya on the .410 revolvers..WHY????

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    sorry, after reading the first five pages, i lost track of the title since other people had brought up carbines, i will take note, and it will probably happen again

Top Bottom