• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I am not a Glock fan but I don't hate them. I have to go along with the vote for the Raven 25. That is not even a real gun is it? Isn't that some kind of starters pistol that they put some real ammo in?

That was my thought after I purchased a KelTec P11 ten years ago. Actually, cap gun was the term I used.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't hate my Model 19 S&W, but I hate shooting it with magnum loads.

It's just more enjoyable with .38 target loads. Plus I cringe at what kind of wear the shock is putting on the perty thang. I shouldn't have never bought it. I usually don't fret over anything else.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Oh this is an easy one. I have only once in my life found a gun that was so miserable to shoot, so ulgy, so ungainly that I can proclaim I actually hate it. That gun is the S&W sigma. It has the absolute worst trigger of any handgun ever. And yes I have shot a Hi-Point. I would take a Hi-Point over a sigma any day.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    The 2 Ive owned that I'd never buy again are-
    1. Ruger P89DC
    2. S&W 6906

The one I shot that I did not own but would never buy is a S&W sigma @ 10' you had to aim 2' high to hit anything

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    A buddy of mine had a Raven .25 that I hated until it came apart in his hand. Well, I still hated it after that, but he got rid of it then.:)

Same thing happened to me!! It literally fell apart in my hand when I fired it. Luckily I paid $100.00 for two of them and sold the other one to a guy for $100.00 .

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    .22 conversion for my G22 count? More FTF, FTE, light strikes, ect, ect than anything I've ever shot.

Which one do you have? My AA kit for my Glock 27 has performed very well so far.

Hated gun: Llama 9mm 1911. Biggest piece of junk I ever bought (about 20 years ago). Plunger tube housing made of cheap plastic that cracked/fell off, the thing was a jamomatic and every surface was razor sharp. Cut myself wide open field stripping the thing... sold it off to a Pawn Shop not long after purchase, as I could not bring myself to sell that thing to someone I knew.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I've shot a Raven .25 and that thing was extremely reliable. So reliable in fact, you could NEVER fire 3 consecutive shots without dropping the mag, reracking, and praying it would work. I actually saw 2 of them at a gun shop and tried convincing my brother we should buy them and see who can get the most rounds down range before a failure. If they would have been $40-50 each, we would have done it.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    The Keltec PF-9. The recoil is just plain miserable.
    Yes, the recoil is punishing. Plus as a buyer of a new gun you get the wise advice that you have to send it back to the shop so that they can get all the kinks worked out of it. They don't leave the factory finished well.

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    Hate? Meh... none at all. I recognize others have different tastes from my own. Knives, lights, cars, guns, motorcycles, women... everybody likes different things.

A couple that I can't wrap my mind around? I think the XD subcompacts are as ugly, or uglier, than HiPoints even. .410 shotgun revolvers? They look and perform, to my mind, like a pig with lipstick.
    Perform lika a pig with lipstick? Do you think i could possibly just let you say something like that and not make jokes?

I will resist temtation for now.:laugh:

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    Oh this is an easy one. I have only once in my life found a gun that was so miserable to shoot, so ulgy, so ungainly that I can proclaim I actually hate it. That gun is the S&W sigma. It has the absolute worst trigger of any handgun ever. And yes I have shot a Hi-Point. I would take a Hi-Point over a sigma any day.
    I Cant believe i forgot the sigma. Wished it was a Glock, and failed miserably.:ugh:

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    The 2 Ive owned that I'd never buy again are-
    1. Ruger P89DC
    2. S&W 6906

Not to derail this too badly but a 6906? I think you're the first owner that I've ever heard of that didn't love it. If I can ask, what was a problem with it for you? I only inquire because I've got three 3rd Gen S&W .45s and have considered the 6906 as the next one I wanted.

Thanks in advance!

(Oh, the "pig in lipstick" was a more appropriate analogy for appearance I guess. :): I would hazard a guess that lipstick in no way improves or impairs the performance of a swine in any routine or non-routine duties.)

DISCLAIMER: NO PORK WAS SOILED, SULLIED, ABUSED, RIDICULED, HARASSED, TORMENTED OR OTHERWISE MALIGNED IN THIS POST BEYOND STANDARD AND ACCEPTED COMMUNITY STANDARDS. NO GUARANTEE OR ASSURANCES SHOULD BE ASSUMED OR IMPLIED AS REGARDS TO GOATS.

GOT BACON?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I don't hate my Model 19 S&W, but I hate shooting it with magnum loads.

It's just more enjoyable with .38 target loads. Plus I cringe at what kind of wear the shock is putting on the perty thang. I shouldn't have never bought it. I usually don't fret over anything else.

Really, I just picked up a used S&W 19 a month or 2 ago. I like it. Normally I'm an auto-type. But I wanted to break in newbies on something that I could start with smaller loads. Revolver seemed to fit the bill.
    The trigger seems fine. The gun is big enough to handle the magnum loads. Parts work smoothly together.

Top Bottom