• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mkbar80

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    What is mounted right behind the EOTech?

its a lower 1/3 mount for the Eotech....likely this
    LaRue Tactical EOTech QD Mount LT-110
    or a knock off.

To the OP if you want a top quality AR...your choices will center around
    Colt, BCM, DD, LMT, Noveske...the others on that list are off par with these.

If you just want something to take out and shoot....pick whatever makes you and your wallet feel good and enjoy it! There is no wrong answer here...just figure out what you want. Keep in mind another option is that you can always by a Spikes or other rifle now, and in the future buy a quality upper from one of the above manufacturers. I mention spikes only because I know of several people who have done nice builds with Spikes lowers and BCM, etc uppers. Off topic, but Spikes stripped lowers can be had for around $70 bucks right now.

(FWIW. There are some manufacturers in your list I would run away from like the plague. In the interests of not getting anyones panties in a wad...I'll refrain from naming them. But do a little homework first. I'd suggest Rob Sloyer's comparison threads on m4carbine.net or tacticalyellowvisor.net)

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    I did not think you were allowed to post firearms on Craiglist :dunno:

You are not. It will get yanked off of the site in short order. Some people post them not knowing it is against the rules, and some people post cryptic messages to convey what they want to sell trying to get around the rules.

Either way, they show up on craigslist from time to time, and are usually taken down quickly. Some people report finding some decent deals on there, but you have to be quick to get contact information before the post is deleted.

HTH!

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Detroit
    Going through the latest issue of Gun Buyer mag. There are so many different AR-15 clones out there. Some I've never ever heard of. Which ones have good reps and which ones are just junk? Which manufacturers are exceptional and which ones are average?

Armalite

Colt
    CMMG
    Daniel Defense

Knight's Armament
    Les Baer
    LMT

RRA
    Ruger SR-556
    Sabre Defense
    S&W

Wilson Combat

I narrowed your list down to some of your options overall.

I personally run a S&W 15 with 5000+ rounds down range without a hickup. I also own a Colt but she's never been fired so I can't really speak on her function but we all know the 6920 ranks up there with the best.
    Hope this was helpfull and good luck on your quest.....

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Between my friends and I, we've come to love these ....

LWRC M6A2 complete
    Wilson Combat M4TAQ complete
    ZM LR 300-AXL upper / Rock River Arms NM lower

For longer range accuracy (and value) ....
    White Oak Armament upper / RRA lower

killer1202

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    colt and LMT both make guns for the military. Dpms and rock river the civilian models. these are the good ones.

MarioMarietta

Marksman
    Rating - 96.9%
    61   2   1
    Apr 20, 2010
    Clinton Indiana
    The BEST! All I shoot! I have a SBR Doublestar and a 16 inch very good friends with the owners great small family company!

You forgot to list DoubleStar. They provide the best value for your dollar IMO.

I have several AR's and my DoubleStar is my go-to gun.

green.jpg

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I had NO idea Doublestar was a high end brand. I am .. somewhat skeptical of that.

Most people will tell you that Colt, LMT, BCM, and Daniel Defense are your best bets.

DialTone301

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    East Central IL
    I bought a RRA first...it is nice..for shooting paper. Then I bought a Noveske (upper on a RRA lower) and it is what I would grab if I had to defend myself. Look at a Noveske, LMT, DD, KAC, Colt or BCM if you want a serious self defense weapon. Look at the others if you want a range toy.

Last edited:

MarioMarietta

Marksman
    Rating - 96.9%
    61   2   1
    Apr 20, 2010
    Clinton Indiana
    After assembling multiple AR lowers myself they are all about the same the parts kits are all standard and the recievers are usually held to a pretty tight spec. As far as uppers go get something chromelined and you will have no problems

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    :n00b:

I have nothing against Doublestar but I haven't seen them mentioned with top of the line AR's:dunno: I have a Stag. I like it and the quality is great but I wouldn't say it's the best.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom