• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I'll buy a Rock River if I buy another one. I have a Bushmaster and I like it.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    As others have stated buy a Colt 6920 first. They can be had for $1200 and they are the standard that all others are compared to.

I would look hard at the rock river Varmint A4 style rifles if you want to max out the potential accuracy. If you want an M4 looking rifle that works as cheaply as possible the Double Star rifles on Budsgunshop can be had for less than $700 and have plenty of great reviews.

The black rifle is addicting and I'd love to buy one of the rifles I just mentioned above just for sake of having another.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Just did some research on the Colt Match Target. It looks interesting. Any Rock River or Bushmaster equivilents?

If you're talking about the Colt Match Target Hbar (heavy barrel) 20" regular M16 looking rifle, both Rock River and Bushmaster make comparable rifles. I have a Bushmaster 20" A3 Hbar and it's been a good rifle so far.

If you're talking about the Colt Hbar elite (it's the stainless barrel with the free float tube forend), both Rock River and Bushmaster make a comparable rifle. Rock River makes the varmint A4 & others, Bushmaster makes the predator, varminter.

There is almost a never ending supply of different AR variations. All you have to do is dream up what you what and apply it to your budget.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    The type of setup you get will depend on what it is you want to do with it, ie plink, varmint hunt, home defense, etc.

Of the particular manufacturers you listed, here are the ones I'd personally feel comfortable with (for various reasons, YMMV).

Alexander Arms
    American Spirit Arms
    Armalite
    Bushmaster
    Colt
    CMMG
    Daniel Defense

Del-Ton
    DPMS
    DAX
    Knight's Armament
    Les Baer
    LMT

Next Generation Arms
    Para USA
    RRA
    Ruger SR-556
    Sabre Defense
    S&W
    STAG
    Wilson Combat

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    Thread resurrection huh?

FWIW, CDNN has optics ready S&WMP15's for $699 and $100 mail in rebate. Not sure if that is before or after rebate though. Either way, good deal for a quality rifle.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    1. Les Baer
    2.Colt
    3. Rock River
    4.Bushmaster

Les Baer Probibly makes one of the most accruate ,but its the most expensive.I have seen Bushmaster shoot .25 moa too. I like the quality of Colt and Rock River as well,

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I have "several" Colts, a Bushmaster, a DPMS and a Stag. I shoot them all but when things are serious on of the Colts is going with me.

vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    +1 for colt, lmt, BRAVO COMPANY!

just take it easy and buy a Spikes though, theyve got a good deal and offer a lot for the price, will be better off than going with overpriced bushmaster/rockriver/dpms whatever

i spend way too much of my life on arfcom though

i have a dpms :P

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    You forgot to list DoubleStar. They provide the best value for your dollar IMO.

I have several AR's and my DoubleStar is my go-to gun.

green.jpg

What is mounted right behind the EOTech?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom