Where will the next war/military action occur?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    With obamacare happening, people losing their health coverage, people being forced to pay out the nose, people will lose their homes, their jobs, the trillions in debt crushing the country, the next war will be right here at home, it will be between the people and the gov't. Hopefully the people win.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    With obamacare happening, people losing their health coverage, people being forced to pay out the nose, people will lose their homes, their jobs, the trillions in debt crushing the country, the next war will be right here at home, it will be between the people and the gov't. Hopefully the people win.

But WHICH 'people' are going to win? The ones who want government to take care of them from cradle to grave? Or the ones who are paying the bill? Unfortunately, it appears that right now the sides are about evenly split.

Pooty22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    My biggest question after reading through most of the comments here is, "Why would we defend Israel if they attacked Iran first?" or better yet, why should we be so quick to defend Israel at all?

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    But WHICH 'people' are going to win? The ones who want government to take care of them from cradle to grave? Or the ones who are paying the bill? Unfortunately, it appears that right now the sides are about evenly split.

Once the democrats have everything they want, they will purge the poor and others. Most of these programs hurt democrats far worst than they do you or me. We will get around the system. They are stuck in the system.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    My biggest question after reading through most of the comments here is, "Why would we defend Israel if they attacked Iran first?" or better yet, why should we be so quick to defend Israel at all?

That's the million dollar question I've been asking for years. If Israel didn't exist, they'd be too busy fight amongst themselves to be worried about us.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    The terms I set forth in the original post was to not come here and post about war in the U.S.A. You're wasting bandwidth here, for it's not the info I am looking at. I'm not stating my belief here nor there on that subject, it's just not that data I'm trying to gather.

I'm more interested in the landscape of the potential location in which military may take place. So far as I mentioned earlier, it's looking like more and more arid/semi-arid desert regions.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis

That's the million dollar question I've been asking for years. If Israel didn't exist, they'd be too busy fight amongst themselves to be worried about us.

That's a really good question you folks are posing. Why should we stand by an ally with whom we've had good relations for 50 years just because most of their neighbors have vowed to drive them into the Red Sea? Why should we stand by ANY of our long-time allies? You don't seem to grasp the idea of fighting for national survival, which perhaps is understandable since our nation hasn't had to fight for its survival (e.g. bad guys invading our nation) since 1812. We've certainly not had to fight for survival with avowed enemies all around us who greatly outnumber us, so perhaps you think that - unlike football - in war the best defense ISN'T a good offense (but most generals would agree that it is - when you can do it). Perhaps you don't think that continuing terror attacks on a nation constitute a state of low-level conflict, because most of the recent acts of terrorism WE'VE suffered have been scattered both in effect and in time, not continuous.

Why should an IMPD cop care whether a Lawrence cop gets shot; or an IFD firefighter gets mugged on the street? Especially, if said cop or firefighter attacks the gangbangers who're threatening his family first? What the hell, none of your business, right? If you don't see the analogy, then drive on, but just remember, you're all alone out there at one time or another; if you don't back up your friends, don't expect them to back you up.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    Which ever country the oil elites do not control, that will be the country they con(trol) the US to invade. Iraq --> Libya --> Syria --> Saudi Arabia --> Iran --> Venezuela

Last edited:

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    That's a really good question you folks are posing. Why should we stand by an ally with whom we've had good relations for 50 years just because most of their neighbors have vowed to drive them into the Red Sea? Why should we stand by ANY of our long-time allies? You don't seem to grasp the idea of fighting for national survival, which perhaps is understandable since our nation hasn't had to fight for its survival (e.g. bad guys invading our nation) since 1812. We've certainly not had to fight for survival with avowed enemies all around us who greatly outnumber us, so perhaps you think that - unlike football - in war the best defense ISN'T a good offense (but most generals would agree that it is - when you can do it). Perhaps you don't think that continuing terror attacks on a nation constitute a state of low-level conflict, because most of the recent acts of terrorism WE'VE suffered have been scattered both in effect and in time, not continuous.

Why should an IMPD cop care whether a Lawrence cop gets shot; or an IFD firefighter gets mugged on the street? Especially, if said cop or firefighter attacks the gangbangers who're threatening his family first? What the hell, none of your business, right? If you don't see the analogy, then drive on, but just remember, you're all alone out there at one time or another; if you don't back up your friends, don't expect them to back you up.

Thank you for some common sense, everyone knows the history of the entire world started exactly 65 years ago and anyone who disputes that or its territorial consequences is misguided.
    I mean for goodness sakes, they've been an ally for '50 years' that makes them untouchable by any standard.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Why defend Europe? The Muslims are also fighting there, preparing to conquer. After all the conquest of Europe has been a goal for nearly a 1000 years for Muslims.

Why defend Western culture? What value is there in freedom, individual rights or self control? Shouldn't we merely submit to the rule of Islam?

The Islamists are teaching that NOW is the time that they will conquer the world. Israel is just a thorn in their side. Their real enemies are Russia, China and India as that is what their texts prophesy will be their enemies in the final battle.

What it sounds like is that you are willing to sacrifice Jewish blood in order to gain a little time for yourself. You may regret this once the war is on US soil. And they do not have to invade us, just convert our own kids (basically those who voted for Obama).

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Thank you for some common sense, everyone knows the history of the entire world started exactly 65 years ago and anyone who disputes that or its territorial consequences is misguided.
    I mean for goodness sakes, they've been an ally for '50 years' that makes them untouchable by any standard.

Bah! YOU act as though territorial boundaries were set in stone one thousand years ago and can't be changed. Israel fought for its territory and won it, a typical way for a nation to be born. That we have supported them for over fifty years is a fact and nothing I've seen constitutes a reason we should stop supporting them. Do you really believe that the poor downtrodden Palestinians are the victims in that part of the world? And that it's Israel, rather than their neighbors who exacerbate their problems? If so, go back to your dream world . . . you're not worth the effort to argue with.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why defend Europe? The Muslims are also fighting there, preparing to conquer. After all the conquest of Europe has been a goal for nearly a 1000 years for Muslims.

Why defend Western culture? What value is there in freedom, individual rights or self control? Shouldn't we merely submit to the rule of Islam?

The Islamists are teaching that NOW is the time that they will conquer the world. Israel is just a thorn in their side. Their real enemies are Russia, China and India as that is what their texts prophesy will be their enemies in the final battle.

What it sounds like is that you are willing to sacrifice Jewish blood in order to gain a little time for yourself. You may regret this once the war is on US soil. And they do not have to invade us, just convert our own kids (basically those who voted for Obama).

"Why" exactly. We shouldn't.

And what's with the Jewish blood comment? I'm personally not in favor of spilling a drop of Jewish-American blood, in defense of Jewish-Israeli blood.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Bah! YOU act as though territorial boundaries were set in stone one thousand years ago and can't be changed. Israel fought for its territory and won it, a typical way for a nation to be born. That we have supported them for over fifty years is a fact and nothing I've seen constitutes a reason we should stop supporting them. Do you really believe that the poor downtrodden Palestinians are the victims in that part of the world? And that it's Israel, rather than their neighbors who exacerbate their problems? If so, go back to your dream world . . . you're not worth the effort to argue with.

What have they contributed to the safety, security, economy, or general welfare of the United States? The statement I bolded, sounds a lot like a justification for Israeli welfare.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    What have they contributed to the safety, security, economy, or general welfare of the United States? The statement I bolded, sounds a lot like a justification for Israeli welfare.

We give "defense money" to all sorts of countries. Of course, Israel has been a fairly good defense R&D partner with the US; electronics, missile defense, UAVs, and probably other things of which I am unaware. Hard to say whether we're getting fair return for our money, but I'd place that "return" up against what we get from giving money to their neighbors anytime.

That is all aside from the ethics of supporting an ally against their avowed enemies. Of course, I'm sure IMPD never assists the State Police, Beech Grove PD, or Lawrence PD because why should they? What can any of those organizations do for IMPD?

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    We give "defense money" to all sorts of countries. Of course, Israel has been a fairly good defense R&D partner with the US; electronics, missile defense, UAVs, and probably other things of which I am unaware. Hard to say whether we're getting fair return for our money, but I'd place that "return" up against what we get from giving money to their neighbors anytime.

Ya don't give money to either, problem solved. If you feel so passionately Israel needs your money you should be free to send them as much as you want.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    That is all aside from the ethics of supporting an ally against their avowed enemies. Of course, I'm sure IMPD never assists the State Police, Beech Grove PD, or Lawrence PD because why should they? What can any of those organizations do for IMPD?

You honestly don't see any problem with that analogy? An ancient inter religious feud over holy land in the middle east is, in any stretch of the imagination, comparable to domestic police cooperation?

Top Bottom