Where will the next war/military action occur?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't recall saying anything about nukes. Just re-read my post and nope, nothing about nukes there. Israel would have been overrun in 73 except for the US support, and besides that I said it would be overwhelmed, not overrun. So I guess you actually have nothing to say about my $0.57?

Interesting factoid related to that. While helping Israel defend itself we actually hauled more tonnage out of the country than in. That led to a quick realization that our transports needed air to air refueling capabilities, and the rather quick refurb of the C-141A into the C-141B with a stretched fuselage and air to air fueling.

Apologies about the nukes, but I'd like you to explain the difference between Isreal being "overrun" vs it being "overwhelmed." And either idea is remote to say the least. Israel is quite capable, and the militaries in the region can't field competent armies in light of recent events.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I think it's quite a stretch to involve North Korea in a middle eastern conflict. We've had our forces bogged down in two middle eastern wars for a decade, if all they are doing is waiting for a time to strike.
    In reality North Korea can't feed it's own people, let alone mobilize any sort of formidable military.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I see possible A or B or C scenarios ::tinfoil:

Honestly I don't see the US declaring war on anyone. That declaration stuff is old school and doesn't look good on the US part, especially if we come out looking like the loser in a squared up 'official' war. We're in the age of secret wars and clandestine military operations (black ops) where we set the game up to be won before we say 'it's on'. All the actors are in place before the stage curtain go's up per se.

Not to say that what you listed wouldn't or couldn't happen....

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    To respond to kutnupe upthread: Iran has been supplying the IEDs that killed and maimed so many of our troops in Iraq. Iranian special forces have been captured while aiding insurgents in Iraq. Iranians are flying into Venezuela and disappearing. And Jludo: About the only thing the North Koreans ARE feeding is their military. I don't know if they're capable of overrunning South Korea as they almost did in 1950 - the South Korean military has come a long way since then - but they have the capability to do massive damage and provoke a military response IF they choose a time when we appear to be too distracted to respond, and, of course, if they get desperate enough to attack in the first place.

Steell

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 10, 2013
    Eaton
    Apologies about the nukes, but I'd like you to explain the difference between Isreal being "overrun" vs it being "overwhelmed." And either idea is remote to say the least. Israel is quite capable, and the militaries in the region can't field competent armies in light of recent events.

What does Israel do when one of it's enemies in the region attempts to build a nuclear reactor? Sends in aircraft to blow it up, right? Read about any Israeli aircraft bombing Iran? Why not? Because Israel knows that as soon as it hits Iran, Hezbolla in Lebanon is going to start launching thousands of missiles at Israel, and the Palestinian militias will attack Israel, and if it happens soon enough, Al-Assad will use it as a rallying call to attack Israel (I bet he's praying for it to happen). So Israel has been holding back until the US Government says "OK".
    Keep in mind that Hezbolla is the only group to kick Israel's butt and send them home with their tail between their legs.

It will be a short war, maybe a week or so.

[h=2]over·whelm[/h] transitive verb \ˌō-vər-ˈhwelm, -ˈwelm\ : to affect (someone) very strongly
    : to cause (someone) to have too many things to deal with

There are other definitions, but that's what I used.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Am I the only one here in the belief that Israel is nuclear armed? If Iran launched any I'd bet it's a two way street ending up in a decent amount of glassed desert.

Not saying it won't happen though.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    Here is how I see things playing out. Israel bombs Iran's nuclear facilities. Hezbollah launches missiles from Syria and Lebanon. At some point, somebody fires chemical weapons into Israel from Syria. Israel responds by nuking Damascus. There will be a great outcry from the world over Israel's use of a nuke. I suspect even the U.S. will condemn Israel over the use of a nuke. There will probably be immediate sanctions against Israel. I suspect Russian military personnel will be killed in Damascus. This will cause Putin to mobilize Russian forces against Israel. Iran will ally with Russia. Turkey MAY also ally with Russia and Iran. There will also be a few other countries to ally with the Russians and Iranians. Russia has a port in Syria. I suspect most of the troops will be off-loaded in Syria. This combined army will head south towards Israel. Then when this army reaches the northern part of Israel, something amazing will happen. I personally believe the U.S. will sit this one out for one reason or another.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Am I the only one here in the belief that Israel is nuclear armed? If Iran launched any I'd bet it's a two way street ending up in a decent amount of glassed desert.

Not saying it won't happen though.

Oh they definitely are, but they're special though so we don't insist they participate in the Non-Proliferation Treaty.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Look the Islamists (al Qa'eda, Taliban, Muslim Brotherhood) are actively engaged in warfare in 125 countries. Many more are in South America and even Mexico.

The next war? Try on US soil.

The Islamists are going to invade? That's not insane at all...

I can just see Al Qaeda swinging off their monkey bars and streaming across the Mexican boarder into the US, rifles drawn hahah

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Islamists are going to invade? That's not insane at all...

I can just see Al Qaeda swinging off their monkey bars and streaming across the Mexican boarder into the US, rifles drawn hahah

Did the communists invade us? No, they just converted our kids who then became the professors and politicians that we deal with today.

Forget the traditional invasion process. Think slow colonization. Much more effective. Our inner cities are very open to being converted to Islam. We already have a large number of fatherless boys (9 to 13) being converted using the drug gang model. And our suburban kids are open to conversion as well. What better way to **** off parents and teachers than to become a Muslim. You are the ultimate victim with a huge group of adults willing to fight for you. You can be a real jerk (anti gay, anti women) yet no one will come against you because you are Muslim. All the radicals have to do is reach our kids and they will raise an army to fight us.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The government of the United States will continue to defund and weaken its military in order to fully fund internal security forces. When Israel is forced to attack Iran to keep them from acquiring nuclear weapons they will be attacked by Iran, Syria, Turkey and possibly Egypt. The Iranian coalition will have strong financial support from Saudi Arabia and the gulf emirates and military support from Russia. The leftist government of the U.S. by that time will have abandoned any pretext of support for Israel and will stand on the sidelines rooting for Hezbollah. China will use the weakness of the U.S. and the distraction of events in the Middle East to occupy the Japanese Islands they covet and will support a North Korean push into the south. The U.S. will claim they are incapable of interceding on anyone's behalf and will do much teeth gnashing and hand wringing in the U.N. while doing nothing.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Did the communists invade us? No, they just converted our kids who then became the professors and politicians that we deal with today.

Forget the traditional invasion process. Think slow colonization. Much more effective. Our inner cities are very open to being converted to Islam. We already have a large number of fatherless boys (9 to 13) being converted using the drug gang model. And our suburban kids are open to conversion as well. What better way to **** off parents and teachers than to become a Muslim. You are the ultimate victim with a huge group of adults willing to fight for you. You can be a real jerk (anti gay, anti women) yet no one will come against you because you are Muslim. All the radicals have to do is reach our kids and they will raise an army to fight us.

Ha alright McCarthy. Go on fearing what you apparently don't understand. The socialization of the US started with FDR and was well underway before any 'communist infiltrators'. There's always got to be a boogey man. I guess I got lucky, my muslim world politics professor didn't try to convert me...
    Maybe he did something worse, he lulled me into a false sense of security...
    Any tiny shred of non-anecdotal evidence about muslims 'slow colonizing' America I would love to see it.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

Lets think for a moment. Have you seen America's culture? Have you ever turned on a television? Do you really think a devout ultra-conservative middle-eastern religion is going to take over? People pretty much ignore the Christian churches all over this country... but foreign colonists are going to turn us all into muslims?

:popcorn:

America 2013

Miley_Cyrus_Twerking-VMAs-618x400.jpg
    madonna139.jpg

America 2020

burqa-women1.jpg
    muslims_prayer2.jpg

MPH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    <~NOT a 'Baker' unit
    Given the vast gulf of ideologies within the country, the vitriol leveled at those with an opposing view regarding politics and a deteriorating standard of living, employment and other quality of life issues.... I'd say the next war our country wages will be within the borders of the
    United States of America.

I pray I am wrong.

Top Bottom