Where will the next war/military action occur?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Iran has been provoking us since 1978. They believe that if they acquire nuclear weapons it will make them invulnerable to us (the North Korea option). Geographically speaking, they're pretty hard to get at with conventional forces, especially since we've exited Iraq and are in the midst of exiting Afghanistan. However, they're exporting missiles and personnel to Venezuela on a weekly basis, so I expect they plan to poke at us some more in the future. At some point, they will **** us off enough to inspire a serious response and I think it may come as an unpleasant surprise to them and the Venezuelans when the time comes.

By doing what?

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Don't forget Asia/SE Asia. Lots of Moslem insurgencies there. Very wet and we have history in parts of it...

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Don't forget Asia/SE Asia. Lots of Moslem insurgencies there. Very wet and we have history in parts of it...

That's a good point, wonder why we haven't seen the same kind of islamic extremist groups pop up there. Are they not as fundamentalist? Better educated?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That's a good point, wonder why we haven't seen the same kind of islamic extremist groups pop up there. Are they not as fundamentalist? Better educated?

Had to pin down. Take Indonesia, for instance. The the people there have a favorable opinion of the US despite being 87% Muslim. If I was to make a guess (having not studied it in-depth), I'd think that them being a republic, lack of fundamentalists, and GDP that places them at 15th/16th probably contributes greatly.

And for reference, probably the friendliest ME nation to us in recent times, Turkey, fall just below them in GDP.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I think the next minor/major outbreak of war will be between china and Japan over islands thAt both countries claim as their own. A nice test for the new china naval ships against a underpowered japan. Little bit of intense fighting and lots of talks on who owns what island.

as for the USA I think Somalia as we have unfinished business there. The second choice will be Saudi Arabia asked by the ruling family to fend off the Muslim brotherhood. That is going to be one serious fight. Muslim vs Muslim and infidel's.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think the next minor/major outbreak of war will be between china and Japan over islands thAt both countries claim as their own. A nice test for the new china naval ships against a underpowered japan. Little bit of intense fighting and lots of talks on who owns what island.

as for the USA I think Somalia as we have unfinished business there.
    The second choice will be Saudi Arabia asked by the ruling family to fend off the Muslim brotherhood. That is going to be one serious fight. Muslim vs Muslim and infidel's.

Yeah, in terms of their pirates.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    It's hard to pick between all the third world countries. Seems like those are the only ones we go after. We wont jump to help allies (Georgia) against a country that could maybe challenge us (Russia) so im going with some third world country we SHOULD be able to crush

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I see Syria, and maybe even Egypt with "peacekeeping" forces if things get too rough there.

Steell

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 10, 2013
    Eaton
    Iran has been arming Hezbolla in Lebanon in preparation for Israel's attack on Iran, at which time the Syrian militias pivot and attack Israel.
    So Israel under attack from 3 others, rapidly gets overwhelmed. And there we are.

My $0.57

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Iran has been arming Hezbolla in Lebanon in preparation for Israel's attack on Iran, at which time the Syrian militias pivot and attack Israel.
    So Israel under attack from 3 others, rapidly gets overwhelmed. And there we are.

My $0.57

Doubtful Israel would be overrun. And absolute lunacy to think that Iran would launch a nuclear attack against them. Iran has repeatedly proven itself to be a nation with serious fortitude; especially in light of the numerous provocations, against it, since the revolution.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    I see possible A or B or C scenarios ::tinfoil:

A. Israel waits till the last minute and attacks Iran to stop there nuclear enrichment and nuclear weapons program. In response Iran hit Israel with a Atomic weapon they did not know they had . America declares war on Iran , Egypt declares war on Isreal North Korea attacks South Korea . South Korea and the United states Declare war on North Korea Etc. the start of WW3.

B. Israel waits till the last minute and attacks Iran to stop there nuclear enrichment and nuclear weapons program. Iran declares war on Israel , Egypt declares war on Israel ,Syria delcare war on Israel that unify the country and stops the civil war . Israel ask the United states for help in turn the United States declare war on Iran and Egypt . Gas prices soar in the USA with mass protest by public to stay out of conflict. Russia sends arms and equipment to Iran and Egypt . Threatens to set up a no fly zone. China who is loosing money from this goes to UN for peacekeeps etc. North Korea seeing a weaker USA and over reach US military attacks South Korea . United States declare war on South Korea , North Korea in response use nuclear weapons on the south.... china claims the contested land with Japan etc. the start of WW3

C. Israel waits till the last minute and attacks Iran to stop there nuclear enrichment and nuclear weapons program. Iran does nothing military in response .

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

A. Israel waits till the last minute and attacks Iran to stop there nuclear enrichment and nuclear weapons program. In response Iran hit Israel with a Atomic weapon they did not know they had . America declares war on Iran , Egypt declares war on Isreal North Korea attacks South Korea . South Korea and the United states Declare war on North Korea Etc. the start of WW3.

B. Israel waits till the last minute and attacks Iran to stop there nuclear enrichment and nuclear weapons program. Iran declares war on Israel , Egypt declares war on Israel ,Syria delcare war on Israel that unify the country and stops the civil war . Israel ask the United states for help in turn the United States declare war on Iran and Egypt . Gas prices soar in the USA with mass protest by public to stay out of conflict. Russia sends arms and equipment to Iran and Egypt . Threatens to set up a no fly zone. China who is loosing money from this goes to UN for peacekeeps etc. North Korea seeing a weaker USA and over reach US military attacks South Korea . United States declare war on South Korea , North Korea in response use nuclear weapons on the south.... china claims the contested land with Japan etc. the start of WW3

C. Israel waits till the last minute and attacks Iran to stop there nuclear enrichment and nuclear weapons program. Iran does nothing military in response .

B seems the most viable.

Steell

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 10, 2013
    Eaton
    Doubtful Israel would be overrun. And absolute lunacy to think that Iran would launch a nuclear attack against them. Iran has repeatedly proven itself to be a nation with serious fortitude; especially in light of the numerous provocations, against it, since the revolution.

I don't recall saying anything about nukes. Just re-read my post and nope, nothing about nukes there. Israel would have been overrun in 73 except for the US support, and besides that I said it would be overwhelmed, not overrun. So I guess you actually have nothing to say about my $0.57?

Interesting factoid related to that. While helping Israel defend itself we actually hauled more tonnage out of the country than in. That led to a quick realization that our transports needed air to air refueling capabilities, and the rather quick refurb of the C-141A into the C-141B with a stretched fuselage and air to air fueling.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka

I would also pick B but also add I believe Israel would nuke both Egypt and Iran then concentrate on Syria. Without Iran supplying Syria, it would not last very long. Although the possibility exists that Russia might get involved if Iran is taken out.

Steell

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 10, 2013
    Eaton
    Interesting. So you're saying that Hezbolla, the only enemy to drive Israeli forces out of a country, the one that's buying the missiles that Israel keeps blowing up, the greatest threat to Israel outside Iranian nukes, is going to sit quietly by and watch their greatest opportunity slip by? I don't think so.

Top Bottom