Where will the next war/military action occur?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I'm asking everyone's opinion on where the next major military operation might be in regards to the present/future political climate. This is just a basic polling for a graphic design project I'm currently working on.

Let's keep the 'here in the USA' opinions out of it.

Obviously much is happening in the middle-east, but try to be country specific in your educated opinion. Thanks!

Last edited:

Tranquil

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 1, 2013
    Plainfield
    Our next military action? Syria.

Our next war? I feel like we'll be in North Africa fighting al-qaeda before the decade is over. They are moving there fast and being very loud about it and recruiting.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    If they didn't both have nukes I'd say India/Pakistan

[video=youtube;LZ0ue-XGl9c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ0ue-XGl9c[/video]

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I figured Syria would be the number one country to pop up. The problem is, both the rebels and the government are committing atrocities. The place is probably going to devolve into a theocracy. The time has passed when the US could step in and be the good guys. So what would going full on into Syria achieve? I think there's too much to lose to commit to a full scale operation there unless something major happens that changes the game.

As Tranquil mentioned North Africa, I feel this has some weight being that there's some major activity in Mali and the surrounding region. French troops are already there putting out fires along with the Malian troops. Plus the region has closer ties to the Columbian drug trade route that is supplying money to the oppositions efforts.

continue...

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I wouldn't be surprised if our next large military operation takes place somewhere south of the border. I suspect that we'll see increasing provocations from Venezuela.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I wouldn't be surprised if our next large military operation takes place somewhere south of the border. I suspect that we'll see increasing provocations from Venezuela.

But no one pays attention when it comes to military action in South America. Arguably some of the worst atrocities committed by the US in the past century occurred in South America.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Iran has been provoking us since 1978. They believe that if they acquire nuclear weapons it will make them invulnerable to us (the North Korea option). Geographically speaking, they're pretty hard to get at with conventional forces, especially since we've exited Iraq and are in the midst of exiting Afghanistan. However, they're exporting missiles and personnel to Venezuela on a weekly basis, so I expect they plan to poke at us some more in the future. At some point, they will **** us off enough to inspire a serious response and I think it may come as an unpleasant surprise to them and the Venezuelans when the time comes.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Never underestimate your enemy. Any action will come at a cost, especially if your enemy has drawn you in to underestimating them.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    When I was humping a 120 lbs of gear across the godforsaken middle of nowhere expanse of a mine laden desert, a thought came to mind. I imagined people sitting on their sofas watching the news and proudly proclaiming, "We're gonna kick some ASS!" On who's dime I wondered to myself.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Obviously much is happening in the middle-east, but try to be country specific in your educated opinion. Thanks!

Country specific ? No joy on that one man better luck throwing a dart .

I don't think we're anywhere near done with the middle east , especially if Israel keeps bombing ruskie missiles . China selling Turkey missiles , Russian long range bombers South America .

Stuff going on from Africa on up to the south China sea .

Whole world is turning into a powder keg waiting for the right match .

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Anyway, it seems that the majority of the places the military could see more action are arid/semi-arid deserts unless we get into South America.

Top Bottom