North Central

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Well Philo took a crap and won’t even load, so I guess we’ll just wait and watch it on whatever the hell other service runs it later.

Interesting. I had a small glitch at the very beginning but has been perfect ever since. I never have an issue with OP Live either.

Sure you do not have internet issues?

Grump01

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Madison County
    Recorded S5 E1 on Comcast 1435 Comedy channel in Anderson and is repeating on now on 1426 TvLand and 1427 PopHD and will repeat again at 1AM on both channels

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm a little slow on the uptake as my childhood friend used to say but after reading this piece, I still am not sure where I can watch Season 5. I don't care about the previous seasons, I have seen them.

If I sign up for Paramount TV, will I be able to watch season 5? Or does it need to be Paramount + or some other provider?

Or do I need to sign up for Peacock again?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'm a little slow on the uptake as my childhood friend used to say but after reading this piece, I still am not sure where I can watch Season 5. I don't care about the previous seasons, I have seen them.

If I sign up for Paramount TV, will I be able to watch season 5? Or does it need to be Paramount + or some other provider?

Or do I need to sign up for Peacock again?
    There are only two types of places you can watch Yellowstone before the season is over. One is from some provider that has the paramount network, like cable, dish, directTV, YouTube live, Hulu live, you may even be able to catch up with on demand. (The episodes aired Sunday are available free on the paramount website but that is just a free hook.)

The other, and what I will do is to just buy it and stream it from Amazon Prime. Season 5 is $29.99 for standard definition and $39.99 for HD and they are always in your Amazon account. (In this crazy world we live in where everyone thinks things should be free I remember renting or buying movies and shows and figure this is not any different and I know I love it.)

Otherwise season 5 will be on Peacock after season 5 ends, but since season 5 is split and they have not even announced when part 2 will air we do not know when it will be available on Peacock.

It will not be on paramount plus in the foreseeable future because Peacock bought the rights when no one knew if the show would even be popular and before paramount streaming existed and the cost to get those rights back would be huge. I still expect them to try to get them back at some point.

Does this dial you in?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    There are only two types of places you can watch Yellowstone before the season is over. One is from some provider that has the paramount network, like cable, dish, directTV, YouTube live, Hulu live, you may even be able to catch up with on demand. (The episodes aired Sunday are available free on the paramount website but that is just a free hook.)

The other, and what I will do is to just buy it and stream it from Amazon Prime. Season 5 is $29.99 for standard definition and $39.99 for HD and they are always in your Amazon account. (In this crazy world we live in where everyone thinks things should be free I remember renting or buying movies and shows and figure this is not any different and I know I love it.)

Otherwise season 5 will be on Peacock after season 5 ends, but since season 5 is split and they have not even announced when part 2 will air we do not know when it will be available on Peacock.

It will not be on paramount plus in the foreseeable future because Peacock bought the rights when no one knew if the show would even be popular and before paramount streaming existed and the cost to get those rights back would be huge. I still expect them to try to get them back at some point.

Does this dial you in?
    I think so. I can wait until the season is over and then subscribe to Peacock for a month and watch the entire season, then cancel. That is what I did with seasons 1-4 though I had Peacock for 3 months to get through all four seasons.

If you buy it on Prime, do you get the whole season right away or do they parcel it out one episode at a time?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think so. I can wait until the season is over and then subscribe to Peacock for a month and watch the entire season, then cancel. That is what I did with seasons 1-4 though I had Peacock for 3 months to get through all four seasons.

If you buy it on Prime, do you get the whole season right away or do they parcel it out one episode at a time?
    On Prime it comes the day after they are aired on Paramount network, so one at a time. I could have watched it yesterday, but didn’t and now will tonight.

For me there is not a lot of TV I would say I love but Yellowstone is for me. I watched season 4 four times, once truly focused and watching it, then run it a background while I do little things or INGO…

Last edited:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Interesting. I had a small glitch at the very beginning but has been perfect ever since. I never have an issue with OP Live either.

Sure you do not have internet issues?
    I’m not really sure what exactly is going on. Philo always buffers during the first 10 minutes of On patrol live, and it did it during Yellowstone, but then completely crashed and said problem with the server. My wife went and tried the tv in the bedroom and it hooked right up and ran fine the rest of the show.

I tried it again after the show went off and it connected just fine with paramount network on philo.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Was it included with Prime or at an extra cost?
    $39.99 for HD streaming. $29.99 for SD streaming.

Heck I paid $4.50 to rent a three episode DVD of the Sopranos back in the day, I spent over $100 to rent the Sopranos. Just a perspective for the cheapskates following…

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    $39.99 for HD streaming. $29.99 for SD streaming.

Heck I paid $4.50 to rent a three episode DVD of the Sopranos back in the day, I spent over $100 to rent the Sopranos. Just a perspective for the cheapskates following…
    Ok so yeah I am frugal, with the cost of everything being at an all time low it’s hard to justify but I am who I am.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Ok so yeah I am frugal, with the cost of everything being at an all time low it’s hard to justify but I am who I am.
    My wife asked do we really need to spend $15 a month on a music service? Then I reminded her she used to buy a couple of CD’s a month costing more than double that.

I sometimes ponder how we all came to believe everything should be “free” on the internet.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    My wife asked do we really need to spend $15 a month on a music service? Then I reminded her she used to buy a couple of CD’s a month costing more than double that.

It took my wife quite a while to get me on board with Spotify. She finally just made me an account and told me to start using it. It does save me a ton of money since I was buying more like ten to fifteen CDs a month some months.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    On the spend discussion: I have always been fairly frugal, my wife too. I just don't buy much stuff at all, so I am naturally reluctant to spend money on TV. I cut the cable to save money. If I start subscribing to several networks and consistently rent show and movies, I will be negating the reason I cut the cable.

I'll see and listen to what I can with the budget I have allocated to TV and music.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It took my wife quite a while to get me on board with Spotify. She finally just made me an account and told me to start using it. It does save me a ton of money since I was buying more like ten to fifteen CDs a month some months.
    I am building a classic country playlist from prior to 85. Most of it music I never had before, to buy that playlist would cost hundreds of dollars. My playlists, which are always growing, would easily cost $3000 which will take 16 years to get ahead at current costs. Most of it music you cannot get easily.

Top Bottom