• ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Might be....

The last group buy was factory fresh, with meal heaters, and no shipping thanks to the INGO Delivery network.

These were stored at about 58 degrees or less. Temperature will effect the shelf life. Do you know if they sat in a hot trailer for months?

all of the ones i have ever bought were fresh because i know the guys I buy from. Also these all were military issue with meal heater also, i dont buy any that arent. and i doubt temp is gonna knock of many years from the "printed" shelf life anyways.

Im not trying to get people to buy any from me, I dont sell them i keep them. all im saying is make sure your getting the best deal. $60 a case is not the best deal you can find if you look. group buy doesnt always mean "best buy"

timeforchili

Plinker
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    before i got my current good deal. i was buying them at the gun shows in bulk and still only paying $50 a UNOPENED case. thats still a better price then the group buy was if i recall right.

if i ever saw this deal at a show i'd jump all over it. This is what i'm looking for, through group deal or on my own. The reason why i posted the question was I'm not paying $90 shipped from New Orleans with a manufacture date of Katrina 05....

where do you find your cases under $50?

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Also these all were military issue with meal heater also, i dont buy any that arent.

Same here, and I strip mine down (you know what I mean :))

I used to know a guy that was retired Air Cav..... when he needed MRE's he would head back to the base and meet up with his old buddies and come back with a van load..... millitary issue so you know how much he paid for them haha.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    well. i need atleast a case and i want the military versions as i love the packets in them with the hot sauce gum tp lol all the goodies. i can't believe how many of these darn things i threw away in my time in the infantry. dumb grunt lol. e5ranger or who ever let me know as i need atleast a case

Last edited:

rex soldier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Valley of Dry Bones
    i can't believe how many of these darn things i threw away in my time in the infantry.
    i always go through the trash and grab the goods that an't been open ( parts of MRE's ) and i throw them in my rucksack and hit the road . lol only problem is i'm always starving so i always end up eating them. one time i had a whole lot them and stored them at home and my bros ate them all when i was gone . growing boys .:):

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    LOL yeah i wish i would have known what it was like to be a prepper in the civilian world i would have done it alot differently in my 6 years in.
    all the uses of those little packets and stuff, i mean who doesn't love ranger pudding :)

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I just ordered a shipment of these, unfortuanely they didn't post the inspection dates...hopefully they're in the post clinton timeline.

if you read it they are piecing together meals to make a full case. they claim its for shipping cost, but if they throw away the original boxes then they have to buy new boxes to ship them in so it would cost more. i think they are full of crap and selling close dated meals. please keep us updated when you recieve them, but i personaly wouldnt ever buy MRE's that arent in their original cases

Indy500

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    MREdepot.com has free shipping on 2 cases produced in 2009. $159.90 total. Not exactly cheap, but I don't know if i would want to trust my life to cheaper MRE's that I don't know how old they are or how they have been stored.

Pamcake

Don't Tread On Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Franklin

MREdepot.com has free shipping on 2 cases produced in 2009. $159.90 total. Not exactly cheap, but I don't know if i would want to trust my life to cheaper MRE's that I don't know how old they are or how they have been stored.

I have purchased from MREdepot before.

The packing job is incredible. Not labelled as MRE's, either. Discreet.
    Boxes inside of boxes, with lots of insulating peanuts or brown paper or whatever. Their shipping is normally terribly expensive, so for this vendor it is a good deal.

And fresh MRE's with known dates (6-23-09) are usually more expensive anyway (for those of us that don't have access to just buy them at a military store). Now, it comes to $80 per box, more than the A-Packs were in the group buy ($58 pallet pricing) (otherwise $70 from manufacturer plus $10 UPS=$80 each) online, but I don't know exactly when another group buy is coming (awaiting longbow completing his taxes :) )

Check out the candy, same for the MRE-C as is in the A-Packs:
    Candy I: Peanut M&M’s
    Candy II: Skittles
    Candy III: Red Hots
    Candy IV: Tootsie Rolls

MRE-C's Twelve menus (you get 1 of each): Buffalo Chicken; Chicken Feta w/Tomatoes; Chicken with Dumplings; Chili Macaroni; Beef Roast w/Veggies; Chicken w/ Noodles; Chicken with Salsa; Chicken Fajita; Beef Enchilada; Spaghetti with Meatsauce; Beef Brisket; Chili with Beans

AmeriQual's Six menus (you get 2 of each): Beef Stew; Spaghetti;Chix Noodle Vegetable; Chix Tetrazzini;Pasta w/ Veggies/Tomato sauce; SouthWest Chix w/ BlackBeans&Rice

In comparing between these 2 sources (and these 2 sources only), the A-Packs can be had cheaper with pallet pricing (48 cases), otherwise the NEW C menu of 12 beats the menu of AmeriQual's (2x)(6) for the same price at $80 per case, which includes shipping.

E5RANGER375, are you purchasing fresh MRE's soon, if so, I'd also be interested in any extras. Do you know if they would be the new Menu-C?

:patriot:

DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont
    Gosh I wish I was still at camp lejeune. We would get more than we could eat on forced marches and always had leftovers. Could have put together an extra case in two months for free. Miss those days

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Also for those interested-PM me so I can rebuild the database and get a feel on the interest at this time. The deal is 48 cases to get the cheaper price. I have also emailed Ameriqual to get a case price again...

Top Bottom