• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    A Chevy Aveo will do just as good a job of getting you from A to B as a Mercedes S class.

It just won't be nearly as refined or as enjoyable an experience. And so it goes with guns.

Fully understood, but to me a TRP would be the eqivalent to a Mercedes S Class and an Ed Brown or Wilson Combat is like Bugatti or Aston-Martin.

Very nice and cool to look at but impractical for my buget right now. So I have to go with the work truck class guns that will get the job done and stay on budget. Springfield Loaded, Colt XSE, and Kimber Custom. All mid-grade production 1911s, But all will suit my needs just fine for now.

One day I may get me somthing special though.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    there is no cure!!!....

fu592c.jpg

14keh03.jpg

S3010219.jpg

S3010414.jpg

:drool::wow:

You know your not helping right?

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Fully understood, but to me a TRP would be the eqivalent to a Mercedes S Class and an Ed Brown or Wilson Combat is like Bugatti or Aston-Martin.

Very nice and cool to look at but impractical for my buget right now. So I have to go with the work truck class guns that will get the job done and stay on budget. Springfield Loaded, Colt XSE, and Kimber Custom. All mid-grade production 1911s, But all will suit my needs just fine for now.

One day I may get me somthing special though.

It's all relative.

Not a darn thing wrong with a Springer loaded, XSE, or Kimber. All of which would seem like an S class compared to $50 to manufacture plastic stuff today.

But If you you think a Brown or Wilson is a Bugatti, then what would a full-house custom like a Yost or Morris be? (at double the price of a Brown/Wilson) :laugh:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think that it is a completely subjective, personal preference/desire sort of thing on what one considers "worth it" but can say for myself that I have no regrets in stepping up in "levels" after just comparing the difference in fit and finish of my Ed Brown and others.

In full disclosure, I don't have a SA-but comparing to the Remington and Kimber that I have and the others I have had the opportunity to shoot any doubts I might have had were erased with the first magazine I fired from my EB.

I still enjoy shooting other 1911s and my others go to the range with me still when I truly go to spend a day shooting, but for carry I will always pick my Ed Brown when carrying a 1911...except when I am carrying while RSO'ing and may want to try to put a few rounds through my EB and the one in my holster has to stay there.

I like several models at different price points, but can now fully appreciate the differences in fit, finish and the way the slide feels in action!

Have experience with EB. A friend with the 1911 curse has a nice one along with a Les Bair and a Nighthawk. They are all very well turned out. They shoot well and felt recoil seems to be very manageable in all of them. They do sort of glow in your hand but that might just be me. Relative to the moment.
    That said, pick up a Trophy Match or a TRP and take them for a spin. You might be amazed.

themadmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    I have no doubt!

Other than some perceived softer recoil from my EB, I would say I enjoy shooting my Kimber or Remington about as much and am sure a TRP would great also.

Where the EB really stands out to me, apart from the difference in the quality of the trigger, is fit and finish. Tight-but not Baer overtight (ducking for the flogging that may be coming from a certain helo driver :cool:) but even more important to me is the dehorning and general smoothness. Of course, there are some other cosmetic things I like on the EB based on what it is-but that doesn't make it shoot smoother.

Now, if these differences are worth the price difference is truly up to the person paying the bill. While I don't think there is a question that there is a quality difference-but equating that into a price is purely subjective.

I don't think one would go wrong at all with the SAs, and also realize that my opinion about another person's pistol means as much as another's validation of mine does-which is nothing as only the shooter has a say in what they like. :rockwoot:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have no doubt!

Other than some perceived softer recoil from my EB, I would say I enjoy shooting my Kimber or Remington about as much and am sure a TRP would great also.

Where the EB really stands out to me, apart from the difference in the quality of the trigger, is fit and finish. Tight-but not Baer overtight (ducking for the flogging that may be coming from a certain helo driver :cool:) but even more important to me is the dehorning and general smoothness. Of course, there are some other cosmetic things I like on the EB based on what it is-but that doesn't make it shoot smoother.

Now, if these differences are worth the price difference is truly up to the person paying the bill. While I don't think there is a question that there is a quality difference-but equating that into a price is purely subjective.

I don't think one would go wrong at all with the SAs, and also realize that my opinion about another person's pistol means as much as another's validation of mine does-which is nothing as only the shooter has a say in what they like. :rockwoot:

Totally agree on the cosmetics. The LB are usually tight until about 1K rd. count. My Trophy was like that as well. It was 500 rds. before it was easy to put a round into battery. I have just eclipsed 1250 and it is sweet now.
    The TRP came out of the box running like a machine. I could tell when it was shot in but it did not take 1K to achieve. closer to 500.
    Most of the high end pieces I have fired are under 1K.

Great discussion. Good thread.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Update, and a welcome to new members of 1911s anonymous,

Hi Im Kawtech87 and I have an update. It seems my condition is steadily declining. Yesturday I went to Bradis and picked up my new SS Springfield Loaded 1911.:rockwoot:

I spent about an hour in the store afterward drooling over all the other 1911s in the case. They even had one Ive been wanting to see for a while, the Sig traditional compact. They also had a Sig P938 micro 1911 styled 9mm :drool: I had to pry myself away as I had just spent all my cash getting the Springer out of lock up. I tried to look at Glocks, and S&W M&Ps as well as revolvers and rifles but I just kept going back to the 1911 case. I see another compact 1911 in my future. I need help :(

Anyway pics will follow soon of the new Springer, I already put Hogue wrap around grips on it.

1911s addicts post up!

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    My girlfriend wishes I could too.

I tried but the night sweats and the tremors get bad sometimes!!!!
    Then the nightmares come.
    I have to take the long way to work, as not to be tempted when I drive past the gun shop daily.
    I have tried looking at other handguns, but am constantly drawn back.
    Sometimes, I feel strong, but I know I deep down inside--I am weak.
    I know there are others like me somewhere.
    What gets me by is that I know in Heaven 1911's will rule, and there will be unlimited ammo for everyone!!! And we will never have to change our targets, because they will heal themselves on impact.

Be safe, Be strong :rockwoot:Keep Shooting my friends!!!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Yeah Im talking about the cheese grateresque spikes on the front strap. If I could get some wrap around grips that fit the magwell Im sure Id like it better.

Dont get the wrong Idea. I work with my hands everyday and they are pretty rough because of it, and Im not bothered by recoil usually. But those spikes hurt man. I prefer a smooth front strap or Hogue wrap arounds.

Just saw this. Pearce makes a grip insert that attaches under your regular grips and give you a finger groove rubber grip for the frontstrap. I had one on my 1911 and it was awesome.

Top Bottom