• ...and so much more!
  • thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Nice!

Now Im no 1911 expert but Im pretty sure that those grips are not "Mil-Spec" But they are beautifull!

Heck, neither is the beavertail, hammer spur, grip safety, or rear sight. But that's just nit-picking. At least it has the A1 backstrap, which is more than I've seen on most "GI model" 1911s in stores.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Heck, neither is the beavertail, hammer spur, grip safety, or rear sight. But that's just nit-picking. At least it has the A1 backstrap, which is more than I've seen on most "GI model" 1911s in stores.

Mostly just a roll mark these days. My new Stainless GI has the frame to slide fit of some match rated pieces. No clunk and junk in it at all.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville

Yeah I noticed that too, but Im pretty sure that is how the stock Springer Mil-spec models are equiped from factory.

No reson not to make a few improvments after 100 years right?

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I need to unsubscribe from this thread.

All this single stack goodness cause me to look at one of my Shadows and think the unthinkable.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove

All this single stack goodness cause me to look at one of my Shadows and think the unthinkable.

I've got to admit, this entire thread has me thinking about getting another one, and I find myself pondering which model to get!

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville

Oh man now that is bad.

Sorry, I didnt mean to spread the disease by starting this thread, I only ment to help others with the disease to calm thier cravings. It seems Ive only succeeded in making things worse for alot of you, myself included.

Be strong, resist the urge my friend! The 1911 is just a pistol platform. It has no more power over you than what you give it!

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Oh man now that is bad.

Sorry, I didnt mean to spread the disease by starting this thread, I only ment to help others with the disease to calm thier cravings. It seems Ive only succeeded in making things worse for alot of you, myself included.

Be strong, resist the urge my friend! The 1911 is just a pistol platform. It has no more power over you than what you give it!

:laugh:

No worries, the unthinkable won't happen. I'm just shocked such a deviant thought would even cross my mind. I think it's the 2 really good deals I've seen in the last few days for a Baer and a Brown, combined with this thread, leading to a fleeting moment of weakness.

I'm OK now. :):

Lt. Commander

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Ft. Wayne * Aboite

Yea, it's not factory original. Shortly after finding this one at a local shop and running through a couple hundred rounds for functionality, I sent it off to the SA Custom shop where they upgraded the grip safety, mainspring housing and hammer. Did a nice de-horn and matte bead-blast too. The grips are Buckeye Burl from Sarge over on 1911forum. The rear site is original though.

Scott

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah your right, sorry Guru CM.

Brother DD, I appologize for my senseless taunting.
    Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!

snipshot_monty.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    No kidding I never thought Id own 3.

Now I Think "Man I only own 3". :n00b:
    Handgun prices in general have always freaked me out a little. I mean, it doesn't seem as bad to spend 6, 7, 800 on a rifle, cause they're well... bigger!:dunno: But a handgun fits in your hand! Should be cheaper dangit.

dana-carvey-grumpy

Top Bottom