• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Does anyone know what the Torque spec is on Springfield's two-piece guide rod?

When I field stripped it for the first cleaning I retorqued it to ~20 inch pounds. Is that enough or two much?

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT

When I field stripped it for the first cleaning I retorqued it to ~20 inch pounds. Is that enough or two much?

:laugh:

You're not a tech at all, are you?

I'd be surprised if there was a factory torque spec for it. If there is, I'd like to know as well.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar

I'd be surprised if there was a factory torque spec for it. If there is, I'd like to know as well.

The cure. :)
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a-WpJ0adFU[/ame]

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville

:): Nope!

I just like things to be right. If you want to know the really funny thing, I took it off with a torque wrench too. It broke free at about ~20 inch pounds so thats what I put it back to.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Update, and a welcome to new members of 1911s anonymous,

Hi Im Kawtech87 and I have an update. It seems my condition is steadily declining. Yesturday I went to Bradis and picked up my new SS Springfield Loaded 1911.:rockwoot:

I spent about an hour in the store afterward drooling over all the other 1911s in the case. They even had one Ive been wanting to see for a while, the Sig traditional compact. They also had a Sig P938 micro 1911 styled 9mm :drool: I had to pry myself away as I had just spent all my cash getting the Springer out of lock up. I tried to look at Glocks, and S&W M&Ps as well as revolvers and rifles but I just kept going back to the 1911 case. I see another compact 1911 in my future. I need help :(

Anyway pics will follow soon of the new Springer, I already put Hogue wrap around grips on it.

1911s addicts post up!

Saturday after the gun show, I held the Sig P938, Blackwood version at Field's Outdoor Adventures in Rushville. It was definitely love at first sight. It's on my guns to consider wish list. Since it's only been a couple months since I bought the other Sig 1911 I will have to wait a little bit before taking the plunge again. In the mean time I can search for it in a price range closer to what I want to give for it. The hunt just increases the fun.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Pics!!

My new Springfield.

003.jpg

002.jpg

001-2.jpg

^^^ Springer with My seemingly ever expanding collection of 1911 Mags as well.

Current 1911 stash.

006.jpg

Yeah I like Hogue grips, If you couldnt tell.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Update, and a welcome to new members of 1911s anonymous,

Hi Im Kawtech87 and I have an update. It seems my condition is steadily declining. Yesturday I went to Bradis and picked up my new SS Springfield Loaded 1911.:rockwoot:

I spent about an hour in the store afterward drooling over all the other 1911s in the case. They even had one Ive been wanting to see for a while, the Sig traditional compact. They also had a Sig P938 micro 1911 styled 9mm :drool: I had to pry myself away as I had just spent all my cash getting the Springer out of lock up. I tried to look at Glocks, and S&W M&Ps as well as revolvers and rifles but I just kept going back to the 1911 case. I see another compact 1911 in my future. I need help :(

Anyway pics will follow soon of the new Springer, I already put Hogue wrap around grips on it.

1911s addicts post up!

There is no real cure only temporary fixes as you just received. I had promised myself that the ones I had were enough. As you know, I succumbed to the addiction. The new stainless Springer GI is in the safe awaiting its turn in the rotation.

Hi everyone. My name is churchmouse and I am an
    addict...............:rockwoot:

Congrates on the new piece. Let us know how it runs.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    :lala:

Gorgeous gun! Dammit! :):

Having just gotten my first 1911 (just a Rock Island... not free, but cheap!), my "veins" are still fresh. I didn't need to read this thread! :laugh:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    :lala:

Gorgeous gun! Dammit! :):

Having just gotten my first 1911 (just a Rock Island... not free, but cheap!), my "veins" are still fresh. I didn't need to read this thread! :laugh:

LOL! Nothing wrong with an RIA, Ive heard they are great guns for the money.

By the way have you seen the 1911 show and tell thread in the handguns forum by any chance? Its nothing, dont worry about it, there is nothing there you would be interested in. Dont look it up.;)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    LOL! Nothing wrong with an RIA, Ive heard they are great guns for the money.

By the way have you seen the 1911 show and tell thread in the handguns forum by any chance? Its nothing, dont worry about it, there is nothing there you would be interested in. Dont look it up.;)
    blank_stare.jpg
    :):

Top Bottom