• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    How about a "scattered site" OC event? By that I mean not ganging up on the poor citizens in one spot but someone in a park here, someone on a bike trail there, someone at Wal Mart, etc, etc. That way there will be exposure to a lot more people and it will seem more normal and natural than a planned event in one spot that looks more like the good 'ole boys got out of the house without their wives seeing them:)

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    How about a "scattered site" OC event? By that I mean not ganging up on the poor citizens in one spot but someone in a park here, someone on a bike trail there, someone at Wal Mart, etc, etc. That way there will be exposure to a lot more people and it will seem more normal and natural than a planned event in one spot that looks more like the good 'ole boys got out of the house without their wives seeing them:)

You mean going about our day-to-day lives as normal? I'm down! ;)

PA2Ind

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    St. Joseph Co.
    Let's not thread jack, as I think this is a interesting thread:twocents:. I am very inexpirenced in such matters as OC events, anyone else want to start a new thread and we can discuss our options there...?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ok, I'm posting this in the OC thread, because the carrier did not appear to be taking any real precaution to "conceal" the pistol.

Time: 10 minutes ago, just before 2:00 on Wednesday, Sept. 28
    Place: walking northbound on the east side of Illinois St., between Market and Ohio, downtown Indy
    Other: mid-30s (maybe younger), male, walking with an older gentleman, typical business casual attire, khaki pants, but had a navy blue jacket on. I noticed that he had a cell phone on his left hip, peaking out below his jacket, and something else dark sticking out below the jacket on the right, about 3:00. I tried to discretely figure out what, because it looked like there was a tab or something sticking out one side. I realized that it was the holster wrapped around the barrel/fore-end of a semi-auto. :D

Like I said, it was semi-concealed under the jacket. But, there was no real effort to pull the jacket down below the pistol.

jbell_64

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Mitchell
    Witnessed a "semi open carry" today. Walked up to public fishing area and witnessed the handle of a revolver sticking out of the pocket of an old man's pants. Pretty nice guy but really needs a holster lol.

Citizen 5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Warsaw
    I saw my very first OC ever at the Warsaw Walmart! I didn't strike up a conversation because my (very shy) wife was with me and I didn't want to embarrass her, but it was exciting to see a fellow carrier!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I was pulling onto the road that Flat 12 Bierwerks is on, and saw a man walking the sidewalk with what looked to be a Glock 17 or Glock 19 OC. I tried to hurry up and park so I could maybe chat with him... I was carrying my USP at the time.

When I got into the brewery, I didn't see him in there. He didn't have any cop-like apparel or anything.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Wal-Mart by 65 in Greenwood (Emerson/County Line) tonight... about 8:00PM

Was running in after a long day at work to pick up a few groceries.

Saw a gentleman standing/walking near the front of the store OC'ing what appeared to be a Glock (Only glimpsed at it for a second).
    As I was passing back by to check out, saw a couple of younger guys talking to him and immediately assumed they were asking about his 'piece'.

Sure enough, was happy to hear him educating on OC law in Indiana and explaining the process/fee's to have a LTCH.

+1 for him.

Moments after, (Irrelevant to OC'ing but I HAVE to vent to you guys regarding the typical low standards of Wal-Mart staffing...

I walk up with only a few things in hand... She starts scanning.
    (I'm generally very open to conversation and the fact that she didn't even say hi drove me nuts, so I pursued with 'How are you?')
    That caught her off guard... acted goofy til the end and as she was putting some Asian Noodles in the bag, started to hand it to me and said,
    "I put the chopsticks in the bag too!" ...."like Chinese people."

I was literally in disbelief that she said that... Almost came off as trying to be funny but that about scored her a face palm.

Top Bottom