• Status
    Not open for further replies.

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    I have to OC everywhere now. CO is an open carry state (no license required). Until I can come up with the $200 to get a ccw I have to OC. Not that I mind or anything. :D

Strange you mention this as I am hoping to move to Denver within the next 6 months or so and hadn't got around to searching for the Colorado laws on carrying pistols. Thanks for inadvertently helping me :)

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    The link in redneckmedic's post also states that a handgun is not considered concealed in a person's vehicle, even without a permit, when carried for self defense or other legal reasons.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    last time I oc was in the west third street speedway gas station. Local police officer was in the store getting free coffee and I said hello. I don't think anyone noticed......

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO

Thanks for that link - I actually looked up Indiana's page and it appears that if I have a valid, lifetime Indiana LTCH, it would be honored in Colorado? I may be mistaken if this is true though -
    I have to OC everywhere now. CO is an open carry state (no license required). Until I can come up with the $200 to get a ccw I have to OC. Not that I mind or anything. :D
    I'm assuming that you lived in Indiana at one point, Beau? Have a LTCH here but found it wouldn't be honored in Colorado as a CCW?

noone1569

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Hey Hey, my first post here. I OC'd today at Showplace 16 on the Southside.

Also, the real reason I came to post here is that you can not OC at any Simon Mall. Every Simon Mall has a sign stating this in the management office. Just an FYI

anewrnn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Crown Point
    At the 1500 along with others

Pistol OWB on the left and medium 4-5 inch camp knife in kydex sheath on the right, leatherman, quark flashlight and extra mag all on the right waistband. I honestly couldnt tell you if I got any looks, probably never could, cause no matter what I act like I was born with all that stuff on and it would be absurd to not have it. Not as many open carrying as I normally see. No big deals on guns either, but got to fondle some stuff.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington

Also, the real reason I came to post here is that you can not OC at any Simon Mall. Every Simon Mall has a sign stating this in the management office. Just an FYI
    You can, but you'll likely be asked to leave.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina

You can, but you'll likely be asked to leave.

What lawrra said. It isn't against the law to carry in those malls, but if they ask you to leave and you don't, they could have you arrested for trespassing.

Welcome to INGO! Go ahead and make a new thread in the Intro's and Greetings section for a full and proper welcome. :)

Caleb

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    A friend of mine works security at a Simon mall and he says he has to ask someone to go put their gun up daily. he said in almost 90% of the cases the person with the gun gets chitty with him for being asked to put their firearm in their vehicle. he is pro 2A and he carries outside of work...he only asks people to leave because its his job. if your asked to leave dont give the people a hard time ...either conceal it or lock it up in the car. just sayin:dunno:

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    A friend of mine works security at a Simon mall and he says he has to ask someone to go put their gun up daily. he said in almost 90% of the cases the person with the gun gets chitty with him for being asked to put their firearm in their vehicle. he is pro 2A and he carries outside of work...he only asks people to leave because its his job. if your asked to leave dont give the people a hard time ...either conceal it or lock it up in the car. just sayin:dunno:
    I CC at malls. There are too many people for me to feel comfortable OC'ing, and I avoid policy conflicts.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Yesterday at Meijers and El Rodeo Mexican Restaurant. I didn't get jumped from behind, I didn't get my gun stolen, and I didn't lose the "element of surprise". The fact is no one looks at your waist.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    This morning at 0200 one of my best friends called (woke me up) and asked me to drive him and his buddies to IHOP for all-you-can-eat-pancakes. He said they'd cover the cost of my food. How could I refuse?

When we got to IHOP, they were looking around to make sure there were no cops around, and we didn't see any. But once we got inside, we found out there were a pair of officers in the back section, around the corner from our booth. It was really no problem except that my friends kept peering over their shoulders at them! Of course that attracted their attention. "Guys, just shut up about 'em, turn around, eat your pancakes, and we'll have no problems." I could go on about how nervous my buddies were and yada yada yada, but long story short, all we got was a "there a problem, guys?" and then he walked away, albeit not very far away and they seemed to still be keeping an eye on us as they paced around the place. We did hear them say on the radio that they "had the back blocked off". Weird.

At one point, Buddy #1 asked me if I was packing.
    Me: "Yup."
    Buddy #2: "Why'd you think I called him?"
    Buddy #3, who is Indian: "Really? You are? Right now? What, in a pocket?"
    Me: "Dude, just look at my hip." He was the one sitting beside me in the booth and my 1911 was on the side towards him.
    B3: "Oh my!" (edited to be family-friendly)

That led to an interesting discussion about people OC'ing here versus India, where apparently he says people don't own or carry guns because they cost too much: they stick to knives. Haha.

Anyway, no trouble came from me OC'ing. And as we walked out, my friends observed, "Oh, I guess the cops are here because just about every table has at least one drunk person!"

Oh, looks like this is my 300th post! Cool :cool:

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Thanks for that link - I actually looked up Indiana's page and it appears that if I have a valid, lifetime Indiana LTCH, it would be honored in Colorado? I may be mistaken if this is true though -

I'm assuming that you lived in Indiana at one point, Beau? Have a LTCH here but found it wouldn't be honored in Colorado as a CCW?

If you just go there to visit yes they will honor your Lifetime LTCH, if you move there no, for two reasons. CO does not honor non-resident permits, also if you move out of state your LTCH gets "deactivated" if you move back into IN you can have it "reactivated" without going through the licensing process again. From the FAQ
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...discussion/16185-ingunowners_faqs_sticky.html
    What happens to my Lifetime LTCH if I move out of state?
    INGO member CountryBoy19 called the ISP and asked them. There are special provisions for military deployment as their residency may still technically be in Indiana, but for civilians, you notify the ISP of your new address and your license will be "deactivated". If you move back to Indiana, you can have it "re-activated" without going through the license process again.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/carry_...tml#post355104
    In that thread there is also a poster who has lifetime LTCH and moved to MI and was allowed to keep it active because he still worked in IN.

And there is a member here who has dual-residency I think in IN and FL.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    OC'd on a walk today. I started getting really tired of all the stares. I had at least twelve pairs of eyes on me. It got to the point where I was ready to draw and pop off a couple shots in a groups direction just to see what would happen.

I can't believe how inconsiderate deer can be. They just stood there and stared. Flaunting their deliciousness and I couldn't do a damn thing about it.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Where did I OC today?
    1)Two domestic disputes
    2) One car crash
    3) One criminal mischief
    4)One bar fight
    5)Five traffic stops.
    6)Hardees for breakfast

:)

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    OC'd on a walk today. I started getting really tired of all the stares. I had at least twelve pairs of eyes on me. It got to the point where I was ready to draw and pop off a couple shots in a groups direction just to see what would happen.

I can't believe how inconsiderate deer can be. They just stood there and stared. Flaunting their deliciousness and I couldn't do a damn thing about it.
    It's Coming Right For Us - Clips - South Park Studios

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom