• Status
    Not open for further replies.

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    I CC almost every time I leave the house. I have OCed a few times, but feel it goes against what I'm trying to accomplish when I carry. I kind of feel it would make me a target in certain circumstances. Just my opinion and have no problem with OC, the bad guy can go for him while I get a shot off. :D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    Walmart on coldwater again. Never gotten that many dirty looks in my life. There was no bar code on one of my things so the kid at the register named his own price which was 3.50 I have no idea how much it really was. I told him maybe 3.96 but wasn't sure.

I did have to go into glenbrook to get a necklace the jeweler was fixing so I deholstered put my jacket over my holster but i still had my revolver tucked away :D

Ness2k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    China ^_^
    Friday I OC'd onto the PNC campus to talk to my academic advisor. I kept my jacket on, but it's not like it was hiding it very well.

I went to Walmart today, up to my armory to do something, speedway for some caffeine, and soon to my gym. Just another day in the life of me.

Soonerdoggy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Richmond, IN
    Oh yea, you should have seen all the hate messages I got :) I was even called an "anti gunner vermin"
    Guns are intimidating to those who are afraid of them and those who may not even know the laws in Indiana and to provoke those people goes against everything one should be and the way one should act, if claiming to be a responsible carrier of a weapon.
    It's like the new belted karate guy who wants to go beat somebody up so he walks around like the WV ninja on youtube. Again, goes against the philosophy.

Nothing worse than the Nuvo Riche is there?

Wonder how many of them will get their guns taken away from them and bi**h slapped by some badguy some day?

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Wonder how many of them will get their guns taken away from them and bi**h slapped by some badguy some day?

Any day you feel froggy and want to try this.

I'll tell you what I'll let you have my pistol if you can take it from me and b*tch slap me.

Without me hurting you that is... ;)

Last edited:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Guns are intimidating to those who are afraid of them and those who may not even know the laws in Indiana and to provoke those people goes against everything one should be and the way one should act, if claiming to be a responsible carrier of a weapon.

So we should live our lives pandering to those who are afraid and don't know the laws?:dunno:

I see what you're doing... rhymes with extolling.;)

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Oh yea, you should have seen all the hate messages I got :) I was even called an "anti gunner vermin"
    It's like the new belted karate guy who wants to go beat somebody up so he walks around like the WV ninja on youtube. Again, goes against the philosophy.

:rolleyes:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    After reading several pages of threads it sure seems like there are a lot of ego maniacs who want to OC just to show off and scare people and hope to get reactions. I even read where one idito thinks you should clear your throat loudly from time to time so people will notice. That is a wrong reason to carry a firearm. I wonder how many here have had formal training with their "intimidator"?
    Sure its legal but come on, you should not carry a gun to try to act like a bad*ss in public.
    And if I were a bad guy? you would be the first person I shot !
    Next one is all the morons who wear "shoot me" vests, and by that point, I would prbly be shot myself by the guy in the room who carried concealed.
    What a bunch of losers ! You give firearm owners a bad rep.

Welcome to INGO. Hopefully someday you will be enlightened and begin supporting the 2nd Amendment.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The Constitution does not say anything about hiding our weapons, or worrying about anyone else's feelings on the matter.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

Any day you feel froggy and want to try this.

I'll tell you what I'll let you have my pistol if you can take it from me and b*tch slap me.

Without me hurting you that is... ;)

Still waiting... ;)

I'll tell you what I am deployment right now anyway... Take a year and school yourself up. Then when you think you're good enough to take a tool from me and b*tch slap me with it... You can have my pistol... :D

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008

Ah, the old "they'll take it away from you" argument.

So far there's only been one case of that happening presented. You can find one case of just about anything.

As for people being afraid. How are they going to stop being afraid unless they see people with guns and nothing bad happening?

The only interaction most people knowingly have with people carrying guns is with police or criminals so the apparent suggestion is to make sure that the only interaction most people knowingly have with people carrying guns is with police or criminals. How is that supposed to work again?

I'm sure plenty of people, including many so-called "pro-equal rights" folk objected to Rosa Parks--an activist who deliberately set out to cause a scene by not moving to the back of the bus--too. Also the conventional wisdom among "gay rights" activists pre-Stockton was to blend in, not stand out, stay completely in the closet. That approach utterly failed to make a dent in discriminatory laws and practices.

While I do not see the current situation as calling for violence, there is a lot of truth to Malcolm X's statement "they're willing to talk to Martin [Luther King Jr.] because otherwise they'll have to talk to me."

We're here. We're armed. Get used to it.

Rey B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Just for the record it's nouveau riche. If you are going to attempt to insult people at least try to not come off as barely literate. And your implied threat of taking someones weapon away and slapping them with it is rather bold talk from an individual with 7 posts total. It sounds like the only people quaking here are doing it from laughing not from fear. Have a nice day.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I OC'd in the Terre Haute Walmart on SR 46 around lunchtime today. It seemed like nobody was noticing it, or if they were, they were cool with it. No gasps or anybody steering clear of me. So that was good.

Then as I was checking out at one of the 20-items-or-fewer lanes, the cashier in the lane to my back asked, "Law enforcement?"
    I turned toward him. "Nope."
    "Got your permit?"
    "Yep."
    "Been meaning to do that, too."
    As I picked up my bags and milk, I encouraged him, "It's a good idea."
    Then we both said, "Have a nice day", and I walked out.

One thing just struck me as I was typing this up, though. If I had to describe or ID that cashier, I'm not sure I could. He was shorter than I, maybe in his late 40s or 50s, greying hair, kinda tan, average build. Well, okay, maybe I can describe him. But what about my own cashier? I think I need to work on being more observant and making mental notes about people I encounter.

Last edited:

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Wow just popped in and saw this thread. I am not a big fan of open carry only because, I feel that the element of surprise is one of the biggest factors that I can have on my side.

That being said, I think that what you guys are doing is awesome. Hopefully there will be a day that people expect to see a firearm on the sides of thier fellow citizens!

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I have to OC everywhere now. CO is an open carry state (no license required). Until I can come up with the $200 to get a ccw I have to OC. Not that I mind or anything. :D

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    The way it should be.;)

So the move went smoothly?
    The move went. There was no smoothly about it though. But everything worked itself out. Still trying to get settled in. I have to decide what gets unpacked and what goes into storage. The reduction in space is killing me. My current bedroom is less then half the size of the one I had. The kids are going to have to take a reduction in toys.

Yesterday I was OC'ing to go pick up hay at my brothers house. I had left my pistol in the truck and the first thing he says to me is "where is your gun?" I told him in the truck and he looked at me funny so I put it back in the holster.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    The move went. There was no smoothly about it though. But everything worked itself out. Still trying to get settled in. I have to decide what gets unpacked and what goes into storage. The reduction in space is killing me. My current bedroom is less then half the size of the one I had. The kids are going to have to take a reduction in toys.

Yesterday I was OC'ing to go pick up hay at my brothers house. I had left my pistol in the truck and the first thing he says to me is "where is your gun?" I told him in the truck and he looked at me funny so I put it back in the holster.
    They're not like Ohio, are they? In Ohio, OC while in a vehicle is considered CC, and has to be done with a license/permit. Michigan, as well. Just want to check.

Hope things go well for you out there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom