• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Went to Patriot Sporting Arms in Terre Haute today to check out their selection and prices. When I walked in, the guy said, "you can get into trouble walking around with your gun out in the open like that." We chatted a bit about what he'd recommend for jogging carry, and I told him about INGO, but he didn't seem interested.

Then I headed over to the bank. I've semi-OC'd there a time or two before (OWB with a loose jacket or something), but this time was full on OC thanks to the amazing weather today. I deposited my check and asked about some program I'd received mail about being "pre-approved" for. Then I asked about opening another account, and when the manager took me back to her office to take care of that, she asked if I was a security guard. "Nope, just a prepared citizen." Asked if I had my permit: "Yep." She actually seemed really comfortable with it and even asked if I would protect them if somebody tried to rob the bank while I was there! "Well, I wouldn't necessarily jump in front of bullets, but I wouldn't just hide in the corner," I replied.

Finally I stopped by Wal★Mart. No issues nor comments nor questions there at all.

Another great day for OC'ing without any problems!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Had an unscheduled trip to Kroger tonight to get spaghetti sauce and was OCing as usual. No problems, but as I'm walking out this guy in dress pants and dress shirt was staring at me all funny like. I looked away and looked back and he's still staring all google-eyed like "OMGWTF IS THIS GUY DOING?!?!?!" :laugh: I just smiled and said hey. :D I'm pretty sure he faxed the brown file when I spoke to him.

I'm sorry, that was just too funny an occurrence not to pass on. :D

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I OC'd at the marsh in Speedway on the way back from the range.

Security guard came up to me while I was waiting for my turn at the Deli counter.

Asked if I was an officer. Nope

Asked if anyone had ever freaked out when I oc'd. Nope

He was cool, actually one of the few guards that I have seen that looked squared away. Clean uniform that fit. Hair Cut, Well spoken and respectful.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Some works are ment to be shared.:D

Agreed :D

I knew a guy on the millitary side of Atterbury the last time I was there that almost steped in a "great work".......... Ill never forget that...........

Pretty much said "I almost steped in a MASIVE pile of human crap, someone go burry it". If he would have been mader it would have ben a scene straight out of full metal jacket. I stood under the sniper tower and just laughed.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Went to Patriot Sporting Arms in Terre Haute today to check out their selection and prices. When I walked in, the guy said, "you can get into trouble walking around with your gun out in the open like that." We chatted a bit about what he'd recommend for jogging carry, and I told him about INGO, but he didn't seem interested.

Then I headed over to the bank. I've semi-OC'd there a time or two before (OWB with a loose jacket or something), but this time was full on OC thanks to the amazing weather today. I deposited my check and asked about some program I'd received mail about being "pre-approved" for. Then I asked about opening another account, and when the manager took me back to her office to take care of that, she asked if I was a security guard. "Nope, just a prepared citizen." Asked if I had my permit: "Yep." She actually seemed really comfortable with it and even asked if I would protect them if somebody tried to rob the bank while I was there! "Well, I wouldn't necessarily jump in front of bullets, but I wouldn't just hide in the corner," I replied.

Finally I stopped by Wal★Mart. No issues nor comments nor questions there at all.

Another great day for OC'ing without any problems!

So you got a negative comment about OCing, from a Gun Store? :dunno:

oy

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I OC'ed at Bakers Square in Merrillville tonight... it's free pie night! We do it all the time there, no one cares.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Yeah, if you order anything... even a cup of coffee... you get a free slice of pie. We go for dinner and have a whole boat load of friends. We wind up pushing like 6 tables together and we talk about politics. :)

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I OC'd to get my haircut the other night in town... The young chick was really concerned, but when I sat down and talked she realized she wasnt in any danger... it was just us there. I OC on my ankle cause I haven't ordered my holster yet for the .45... only have a ankle for the .380

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom