• Status
    Not open for further replies.

HobbyGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Newburgh
    Out for an anniversary weekend getaway with the wife. Stopped at the Stephenson's General store in Leavenworth, IN. Turns out we have met the owners before. One of the shop keepers turns to my wife and says, "I see your husband is OC'ing. Why aren't you?"

Full of win.

TruxLupus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    McDonalds, Speedway, Ace Hardware, CVS, Subway, the Laundromat, around town while walking the dog.

Good times!

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I was at Logan's in Mishawaka today, OCing the G19, and noticed a guy OCing a 1911. I walked up to him, said, "Nice to see another OCer." He replied, "Not enough." I asked if he was on INGO. He said no, but I gave him a card for SouthBendSD, and wrote INGO's web address on the back. He, and his wife were OCing. Apparently, they just left Carraba's next door after being harassed, so they came over to Logan's and were seated right next to us. Imagine the odds...

Hopefully they'll be new additions to our dysfunctional family here.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Goodwill, Salvation Army (looking for a garage dresser to store some stuff), Dealz (SBPD officer shared a couple of aisles with me, no interaction, he was oblivious), Harbor Freight, Dunhams, Wally World, Sinco Pools.

Guy at Sinco asked if my CZ was a Sig. Had a nice chat. He was an officer at the St. Joe County Restoration Club where I'm a member. Had a nice chat.

Typical day for me. Nothing remarkable.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I was OCing out at the park the other day, pushing my kid and a friend of his on the tire swing, when a family walked into the park. The guy walks up to me while pulling out his wallet and hands me a business card. The card is for a new gun shop outside of Flat Rock and the guy says, "It's my brother's. Check it out."

Sweet. Always nice to be informed of a new gun shop.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Yesterday, I went to the New Paris yard sales just south of Goshen. There were hundreds of people there (It's a pretty big deal in our area), kids were running around screaming, adults were having money change hands, deals being made, people walking across streets without looking or a care in the world, stop signs became optional, parking halfway into the street wasn't verbotten....

Whole day Open Carry.

ONE person during the entire day asked me about it. The only thing she asked was "Are you a police officer?" I said no, and then she proceeded to explain to me that her nephew was required to carry at all times, yadda, yadda, yadda.

No MWAG calls, no SWAT teams, and the ATF was not needed.

On Memorial day, went camping with the family to a park in Michigan. This is a very Mennonite influence heavy area (Offended by the mere sight of weapons). Evidently, during the course of the weekend, a couple people complianed to the owners about my carrying (no one ever talked to me or my family about it). Owners told em I wasn't doing anything illegal, so they wouldn't do anything about it.

williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Friday went into my local liquor store I frequent. The manager recognizes me as I almost always buy by the case as it gets a 15% discount. I was going to the girl scout overnight at the Tincaps and needed something for my hot cocoa, it was going to be a chilly one. The clerk go out "he has a" as the manager says I got this one. He rang me up and said sorry about that have a nice night. Went to Jefferson Point flat top grill and Old navy no problems anywhere.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Gas station this morning, then lunch at Culver's (Post and 56th). Then off to Fort Ben. Gave my daughter a pony ride, and then walked around for a bit. And a convenience store for sodas on the way home.

Gentleman asked if I was a cop on my way into Culver's. I just answered "no, sir", and got a thumbs up and "Cool, man."

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Bass Pro, Cabela's, Schererville Wal Mart OCing my SR1911 in a Serpa. I probably need a leather holster, but F it.

Nobody batted an eye. Had a conversation in Cabela's with a guy about insane ammo prices.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom