• Status
    Not open for further replies.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    All around the house today. BBQ'ed outside. Grandkids were all running around, only one comment.. 3yr old grandson said "Papa's got a gun" No 5yr old girls to steal it, but I think the 7yrold was eyeing it.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Today, all around my garage.:rolleyes: A complete strip, clean and reorganize and it needed it. Took me all day.:( Didn't leave the property today, so...

Went to my nephew's grad party yesterday. I cc'd for the first time in a long time to respect my sister's wishes.

I felt dirty.

I guess the answer to the OP question is "nowhere" Feel free to disregard this post.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Speedway Stop 11 and Arlington

My first "kid interaction". Young boy about 10 or so, just starts talking to me:

• Kid: "My grandpa has a gun in his garage!"
    • Me: "That's cool!"
    • Kid: "My dad says he saw a cop get his gun taken out of his holster by a bad guy and then shot with his own gun!" (I kid you not, this is what he said!)
    • Me: "Well that's not good.."
    • Kid: "You know what else is not good for you? Mountain Dew!"

About this time, his mom, who wouldnt look at me, tells the kid to hurry up and pick his fountain drink, and he lost interest in me..

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Warsaw Wallmart Subway, then while shopping.

Subway customer: "Is that a real gun?"

[refraining from sharing any of the 1,000 or so snappy come backs to such a question :facepalm:]

Me: "Yes."

SC: "Catch any bad guys with it?"

Me: "No, ma'am. That's not my job."

...end of conversation.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Frank's in Danville yesterday evening (my wife's current favorite restaurant), and then Speedway for gas and a soda.

Ended up concealing very poorly (flipped my polo over my OWB holster) today at an M/I Bank, after noticing their "no hoodies, sunglasses, or guns" sign. :rolleyes:

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Frank's in Danville yesterday evening (my wife's current favorite restaurant), and then Speedway for gas and a soda.

Ended up concealing very poorly (flipped my polo over my OWB holster) today at an M/I Bank, after noticing their "no hoodies, sunglasses, or guns" sign. :rolleyes:

Why would you bank at a place that not only attempts to infringe upon your right to own a gun, but ALSO on your right to wear normal street clothes?

Not meaning to start a fight or anything; just curious if thats a new policy or what.

I OC'd to Rural King to pick up some fly masks for the horses today, and then to a family bbq. As usual, no comments, questions, or issues arose. As it should be.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    It's the same with profiling. A lot of bank robbers bust in wearing hoodies and shades

Sad that people think banning hoodies and sunglasses will solve that issue. The people who want to commit crimes with hoodies will commit crimes with hoodies regardless of the sign.

I wonder if they automatically assume that anybody who shows up in a hoodie is there to rob them? That could get awkward. Of course, if they DON'T assume that....what the heck is the point of the sign? And I guess thugs in hooded jackets and ski masks are ok, right? As long as it isn't a hoodie and sunglasses....

Gah, people are so stupid. :dunno:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Sad that people think banning hoodies and sunglasses will solve that issue. The people who want to commit crimes with hoodies will commit crimes with hoodies regardless of the sign.

I wonder if they automatically assume that anybody who shows up in a hoodie is there to rob them? That could get awkward. Of course, if they DON'T assume that....what the heck is the point of the sign? And I guess thugs in hooded jackets and ski masks are ok, right? As long as it isn't a hoodie and sunglasses....

Gah, people are so stupid. :dunno:

Yeah a "dont rob us" sign would work just as good. :rolleyes:

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    ^I really just get more and more fed up as I get older with "No ____" signs.

Seriously, where's the logic to that?! To the very definition of a criminal,
    they are NOT going to abide by the law... let alone a piece of paper. It's pointless.

( /rant )

OC'd at Tokyo Buffet off of Emerson/County Line in Greenwood.
    I think most of them have noticed I have it now but happily carry on and are always polite.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Why would you bank at a place that not only attempts to infringe upon your right to own a gun, but ALSO on your right to wear normal street clothes?

Not meaning to start a fight or anything; just curious if thats a new policy or what.

I don't. They have a Notary there, and my mother and I needed to have a form notarized.

I DID let out an exasperated sigh as I walked in. Wearing sunglasses (which I took off once inside so I could see) and kinda-sorta-almost-CC-ing. If I had known, I would have worn my Butler University hoodie (you know ALL the thugs go to private schools).

No OC last night. Didn't go anywhere. I plan on hitting the car show on the Square in Danville this evening, though.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Went up to Carmel for a job interview today, so OC'd at a gas station and Starbucks up there. Then back down to Greenwood to Kroger, liquor store, and another Starbucks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom