• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Polling place in Goshen (VFW), and they didnt even call one police officer on me, or have me forcefully ejected from the building.

Scout103

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    In the Noblesville: Walmart, Best buy, and gas station by walmart. Had no looks or problems from anyone behind me in line or otherwise. First time OCing gone well.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    To a home inspection at my hopefully-soon-to-be home. Inspector asked if I was a "peace officer" when I introduced myself. I said "nope!" He said, "that's cool, I have one at home too," and carried on with the inspection.

Then the general contractors showed up to do an estimate for some repairs; they complimented me on my G17, and otherwise ignored it.

Also stopped in at the pilot at the Leavenworth exit off of 64; went in and got a hotdog and a gatorade. No comments, stares, or 5 year olds disarming me and going on shooting sprees.

freehuman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Indianapolis
    First OC last Saturday night on a bike ride from downtown to brip

OC today around the house, on the bike around neighborhood, in the car, fountain square, revolucion, and liquor store.

I don't look like I would own a gun much less open carry one... so it makes me wonder if anyone even notices.

Two really nice IMPD LEOs told me on Saturday afternoon that they didn't recommend OC because you are advertising that you have a firearm and lose tactical advantage... heh.

They said they do not like to respond to MWAG calls and prefer not to bother permit holders in that situation but have to check it out. They both said that it was certainly my right to do so if I wanted to OC. They both also recommended I take training class at the same place they do, Tactical in Eagle Creek. I told them I would soon and I that I would consider the scenario when I OC vs CC once I get my White Hat Holsters MaxTuck in the mail.

I like the idea of OC to have a chance to educate people, but I'd still CC in certain situations.

Last edited:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Went to Wal-Mart, where I stood in line and heard "I'm a lover and not a fighter." followed by "But what if the zombie apocalypse comes?" Was two older gentlemen (30~35 maybe) joking between themselves I guess.

Then to Chick-Fil-A, where I sat and had a tasty sandwich :). Had a lady come up to me and ask if the gun was real, or a water gun. I told her that it was real, and she explained to me that her son had noticed the gun (he looked to be ... 4~5?) and said it was probably a water gun.

Guess she just wanted to make sure when she told him it was real, that she was right :P.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Two really nice IMPD LEOs told me on Saturday afternoon that they didn't recommend OC because you are advertising that you have a firearm and lose tactical advantage... heh.

I could say the same thing about their gun, their uniform, and their car... I dont see people robbing too many houses when a cop car is parked out front. :dunno:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    OC'd at my bank and McDonald's for lunch today. FYI the service at McD's still sucks even when you have a gun- I have thus concluded no one really cares about seeing guns in public, it is the THOUGHT of seeing a gun in public that is scary.

Last edited:

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    OCed at Down by the Tracks to pick up a new scale.. other then that I've not really been out of the apartment much.

-edit-
    Bah.. what a crappy 700th post. lol

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Up to HiTek in Sellersburg to make a couple of holsters. Obviously no issues there.

Over to Rural King with the fiancee to pick up some plants, flower pots, and potting soil. She wants to start growing tomatoes and peppers before we get moved out into the country. Couple of the younger Rural King employees out in the parking lot working in the garden section commented on my G17, and said "see that? That's why I want to get my permit. That's what I want!"

My fiancee had a good chat with them while I went to roll the car around, and I told them where they could find the instructions for the permit process, and we went on our way.

Also stopped at Chillers on the way back to get some ice cream. My fiancee said that one older lady was giving us dirty looks; I ignored her. My banana split was delicious.

All in all, a good day, as usual.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom