Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just left Kroger in Greenwood. One guy said "Hey man, nice machinery there. My cousin's got one without the brown grips" about my 1911. Another older man looked at me and could not take his eyes off of it. It wasn't a "Hey that looks cool" stare, it was more of a "Oh god what do I do this is crazy a man with a gun" stare.

Fun times.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Just left Kroger in Greenwood. One guy said "Hey man, nice machinery there. My cousin's got one without the brown grips" about my 1911. Another older man looked at me and could not take his eyes off of it. It wasn't a "Hey that looks cool" stare, it was more of a "Oh god what do I do this is crazy a man with a gun" stare.

Fun times.

Wouldn't it have been fun to say "BOO!"?

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    This morning, Kroger gas and Target in Columbus. This evening, Granny Bea's (hybrid, it was raining when I went in and I had a jacket on but unconcerned about showing, took the jacket off and tossed it in the back seat when we left), Goodwill*, Best Buy, Golden Corral in Columbus.

*1) Goodwill was a stop for the wife. 2) As I was walking out, an older couple was waiting for a ride. I heard the man say "Do you see her?" as I walked by and shocked stated "That man has a gun!" I got a smile on my face and was going to keep walking until he, in a more hushed tone almost as if he didn't want me to hear, "Are you a cop?" I turned around and kept smiling as I stated, "Nope, just an ordinary citizen."

Djestr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Frankfort, IN
    Open Carry

I open carry almost every day, mostly to annoy my wife, but I am slowly converting her. (I won't say what I carry cause I don't want to be laughed off the site!) :n00b:

Bank, Walmart, speedway, local utility company.

I have been asked if I was a cop before in speedway for open carry, I politely explained that I was happily exercising my 2nd amendment rights. :) This was followed by a conversation on obtaining LTCH.

I have not had any bad experiences. Heck talking to a Deputy once about hand guns and how then I had just gotten my LTCH, for 20 mins got me out of a speeding ticket and only a warning. :P

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I open carry almost every day, mostly to annoy my wife, but I am slowly converting her. (I won't say what I carry cause I don't want to be laughed off the site!) :n00b:

Bank, Walmart, speedway, local utility company.

I have been asked if I was a cop before in speedway for open carry, I politely explained that I was happily exercising my 2nd amendment rights. :) This was followed by a conversation on obtaining LTCH.

I have not had any bad experiences. Heck talking to a Deputy once about hand guns and how then I had just gotten my LTCH, for 20 mins got me out of a speeding ticket and only a warning. :P

Can we take guesses at what you carry? Here are mine:

LCR?
    Walther P22?
    Glock 36?

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    OC'd around a friend's farm.

Also noticed someone who had a "NRA LIFE MEMBER" baseball cap and I saw his "pink slip" (giggedy) when he was paying for something at my store. Didn't see him carrying but he was probably CC'ing.... sheesh.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Yesterday in Lafayette, I was OCing at Rohrman Toyota while getting some service done on my vehicle. INGO member mdale introduced himself and we talked about Appleseed and INGO.

Then I stopped by Four Guns and talked with owner and advertising member T-Bolt. Hadn't seen him in a few years so I reintroduced myself. He showed me the new 10/22 Takedown model and we talked about...

wait for it... upcoming Appleseeds and INGO. ;) Nice shop!

Stopped by a Village Pantry and walked in past a female Lafayette PD. Just smiled and got my coffee. Mmm... coffee... :40oz:

On to the downtown library to give a history presentation. I allowed the shirt to cover it while I was there. :eek: (I know, I know...)

One guy definitely noticed me printing but didn't seem scared or anything. In fact, we chatted for about an hour.

OK, it was my good buddy, fellow Appleseed instructor and INGO MOD extraordinaire, Bill of Rights. :D

Back to OC and stopped in at the Akropolis for some tasty gyros before heading home. Yum. :)

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Yesterday in Lafayette, I was OCing at Rohrman Toyota while getting some service done on my vehicle. INGO member mdale introduced himself and we talked about Appleseed and INGO.

Then I stopped by Four Guns and talked with owner and advertising member T-Bolt. Hadn't seen him in a few years so I reintroduced myself. He showed me the new 10/22 Takedown model and we talked about...

Stopped by a Village Pantry and walked in past a female Lafayette PD. Just smiled and got my coffee. Mmm... coffee... :40oz:

On to the downtown library to give a history presentation. I allowed the shirt to cover it while I was there. :eek: (I know, I know...)

One guy definitely noticed me printing but didn't seem scared or anything. In fact, we chatted for about an hour.

OK, it was my good buddy, fellow Appleseed instructor and INGO MOD extraordinaire, Bill of Rights. :D

Back to OC and stopped in at the Akropolis for some tasty gyros before heading home. Yum. :)

How long have you been a Nascar Driver?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    How long have you been a Nascar Driver?

I have no idea what you're talking about. :dunno:

This post brought to you in part by the generous donations of the following companies:

color_company_logos_on_dvd.jpg

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you

You know, when you talk about all these Appleseed events, INGO, and other topics, it would be nice if you provided links so that we would all know what the heck you are talking about. :twocents:

:cool:

catielynnb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    Louisville
    I feel like such a giddy little girl, oh wait... I am a girl. Never mind that there statement...

First-timer here, seriously. Went through this whole argument with myself and I was just going to Walmart on my way home from work. Started out with they 'Okay, you can do this. It's totally legal, and hey it'd be smart,' to 'Wait, what if someone says something,' to 'This might not be my best idea ever. What is I get weird stares and someone asks me to cover it up,'
    (which, I live in KY, OC is totally allowable sans license, just so you know...)
    to 'Bad idea. Horrible idea. Not going to. Nope.' I went through that backwards, after some talking to BlueEagle (confidence boost dontchaknow), manned up and walked in with it.

Walked in, back to look at cleaning kits, talked to the guy there and another gentleman pointed out mine and asked, is that legal? conversation started, easy peesy, the cashier even put in his :twocents: which was, shockingly, correct!

Meandered way to cards, and finally to check out. Dear lord it took forever. Although, lady two in front of me had ~60 things in her cart in the <20 items line... was asked to leave! YAY! While waiting the guy behind me commented on it, 'That's really cool, I've never seen a girl carry a gun.'

Way out, got a few weird looks, but whatever, by that point I didn't care.

Made it to my car, got a smile and thumbs up from a Sheriff getting out of his car. Good experience. :D

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I feel like such a giddy little girl, oh wait... I am a girl. Never mind that there statement...

First-timer here, seriously. Went through this whole argument with myself and I was just going to Walmart on my way home from work. Started out with they 'Okay, you can do this. It's totally legal, and hey it'd be smart,' to 'Wait, what if someone says something,' to 'This might not be my best idea ever. What is I get weird stares and someone asks me to cover it up,'
    (which, I live in KY, OC is totally allowable sans license, just so you know...)
    to 'Bad idea. Horrible idea. Not going to. Nope.' I went through that backwards, after some talking to BlueEagle (confidence boost dontchaknow), manned up and walked in with it.

Walked in, back to look at cleaning kits, talked to the guy there and another gentleman pointed out mine and asked, is that legal? conversation started, easy peesy, the cashier even put in his :twocents: which was, shockingly, correct!

Meandered way to cards, and finally to check out. Dear lord it took forever. Although, lady two in front of me had ~60 things in her cart in the <20 items line... was asked to leave! YAY! While waiting the guy behind me commented on it, 'That's really cool, I've never seen a girl carry a gun.'

Made it to my car, got a smile and thumbs up from a Sheriff getting out of his car. Good experience. :D
    It's okay. I felt like a giddy little girl the first time I OC'd too. (a 6'2", 320lb one with facial hair) :D

Seriously though, sounds like you did good and nobody went to jail or got hurt. Congrats :yesway:

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana

Great job! Keep it up; sounds like it was a positive experience for everyone involved.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Went to Wal-Mart and Jack In The Box... Stood in JITB for about an hour (they were SUPER busy) and ended up having around 3 conversations about the gun, handgun competitions, etc... Was overall a very positive experience.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    HA! none of the above!

keep guessing!

Oh and.. what is the deal with everyone being afraid of 5 year old girls? My daughter was 5 once....I don't think it was a frightful time..
    :P

It is widely known and accepted that 5 year old girls are prone to, and very adept at disarming OCers.

A South Bend cop says so.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom