• Status
    Not open for further replies.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    My wife and I saw a couple young guys walk into the Steak 'n Shake on Hwy 37 on the south side of Indy tonight as we were walking out; one of them was OC'ing a Taurus 24/7 in a plastic paddle or OWB holster.

As we got into our car, we could see them through the windows. Wifey says to me, "I don't know what good that pistol would've done him anyway; he's sitting with his back to the door." :facepalm: :):

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    OC'd my SKS around downtown Indy. OC'd my XD at Dick's BBQ. An establishment I highly recommend not only for their support of our rights, but for their yummy food.

dholmtime

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Very first OC was an East Central IN Walgreens not only did it make others unconfortable, it also made me feel like I was doing something wrong. I think it is just because many IN citizens don't know or understand gun laws in the state. Anyone else feel like that? For now I will CC.

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    Very first OC was an East Central IN Walgreens not only did it make others unconfortable, it also made me feel like I was doing something wrong. I think it is just because many IN citizens don't know or understand gun laws in the state. Anyone else feel like that? For now I will CC.

When I was living there, I never had an issue.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

The more they see you and others OCing as you go about your business, the more normal it will become and the less uncomfortable they (and you) will be with it. ;)

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side

It may have been BECAUSE you felt that you were doing something wrong that it made people uncomfortable.

People will notice how you are carrying yourself (not to mention your gun) and treat you accordingly.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    It may have been BECAUSE you felt that you were doing something wrong that it made people uncomfortable.

People will notice how you are carrying yourself (not to mention your gun) and treat you accordingly.

+1

Yep, the more comfortable you are, the less people will notice you, the less you'll notice them not noticing you.

One thing that helped me was to carry more and more to a single place where they know me (like a fast food joint), to help ME get more comfortable in my own skin.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I walked over to the local hardware store to get a new dryer hose. After getting some help from the young lady clerk, we were walking back up to the register so she could ring me up. She noticed my sidearm and inquired what size I was carrying. After I told her, she mentioned that she carried a .380, but not in the store. I made a comment about businesses not allowing their employees to carry.

She said that it wasn't that, as her boss would probably just laugh at her having it. She said that she never felt the need to carry, one because it's a small town, and two because the local LEOs are always around, either next door at Subway or running traffic out on the main drag. I suggested that she carry anyway, if she's allowed, since she never knows when she'll need one.

Before we walked out the door, my son asked me if I wanted to cover my gun. We had a discussion on the way over about open carrying and what it means when people do. Even though he's seen me carry open 95% of the time since I got my license, he still thought that people would be scared of me carrying. Since the girl asked nicely and we had a cordial conversation about it, it was a good teaching moment for my son. "See, she asked nicely and we talked about it nicely. She didn't call the cops, or run away scared."

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    Tippicanoe mall, Tractor supply, Wal Mart , Dairy Queen the guy at the counter told me my gun was uncovered I said yea thanks. He said cool man just thought I would tell you if you didn't know:D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom