• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mrkeller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Greensburg
    Well so far today it's been Walmart, Blockbuster, Marsh, Guns and Tackle, Cork Liquors, and the dollar store. The only comment that was made was by the lady at the liquor store. She said, is that thing going to go off. I replied only if I pull the trigger. She just smiled.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Greenwood Mall this afternoon. Then to Starbucks.

One girl at Starbucks gave me my drink, and very out of nowhere said: "So why do you carry a gun?"

I need to think of a short and
    acceptable answer for this question. I don't want to go on about "rights"... I typically say something about personal protection.

How do you answer?

1911 mike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    3rd rock from the sun
    Was OCing inside of Elder Beerman in Elkhart and was waiting on the service man to finish doing the paper work on a sofa and two chairs that I was buying when the store manager asked to speak with me around the corner from where I was standing. He asked that I leave the store and put my firearm in my car or cover it up. After a nice talk with him I said fine, that I would leave the store but before I left I told the service man in the furniture department I wanted my $3,100 check back, and to forget me ever buying anything from them again. Then the store manager's jaw fell to the floor as I walked out the door. There loss, my business went else where.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Greenwood Mall this afternoon. Then to Starbucks.

One girl at Starbucks gave me my drink, and very out of nowhere said: "So why do you carry a gun?"

I need to think of a short and
    acceptable answer for this question. I don't want to go on about "rights"... I typically say something about personal protection.

How do you answer?

You could say "It's a secret ;)".She would think that you are a super spy or something.
    Or just say "Because its heavier to carry a cop". :D Maybe that will make her laugh.

Either one are good I think.

Im glad you are carrying downtown Indy.I never seen anyone OC there and I even thought it was not legal.
    I just know since I joined :ingo:.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Was OCing inside of Elder Beerman in Elkhart and was waiting on the service man to finish doing the paper work on a sofa and two chairs that I was buying when the store manager asked to speak with me around the corner from where I was standing. He asked that I leave the store and put my firearm in my car or cover it up. After a nice talk with him I said fine, that I would leave the store but before I left I told the service man in the furniture department I wanted my $3,100 check back, and to forget me ever buying anything from them again. Then the store manager's jaw fell to the floor as I walked out the door. There loss, my business went else where.

your kidding me??? thats awesome!!

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    I saw someone OC a Sig 9mm yesterday at Best Buy Greenwood, he was in line in front of my wife and me in electronics are where he was buying a laptop and me a PC,,,,,,I had my Kahr CC,,,,

the clerk guy at BB started talking about the gun, how it was cool , and then starte to ask if the guy had watched some silly show or something about guys with guns etc....

made me glad I CC,, I dont want to talk about my weapon or draw attention to myself, I realized after listening to all of this that this is why I choose not to OC,,, I have no problem with the people that do, I just choose not to:ingo:

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville

Ouch!

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008

Good for you. It sounds like the timing worked out perfectly for maximum impact on the manager.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    On my way out to my car I ran into a younger couple and they also asked if I was a cop. I replied no and the young man asked me what the law was on carrying a gun, I told him, and that was it. He said cool and gave me a donut. Win-Win.

:D Best reason to OC ever!
    I may think more about it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    I proudly present the illustrated version...

Was OCing :draw: inside of in Elkhart and was waiting :whistle: on the service man to finish doing the paper work :coffee: on a sofa and two chairs that I was buying :spend: when the store manager :sheep: :nailbite: asked to speak with me around the corner :nuts: from where I was standing. He :drama: asked that I leave the store :wrongdoor: and put my firearm in my car :facepalm: or cover it up. :rolleyes: After a nice talk with him :bash: I said fine :xmad: , that I would leave the store but before I left I told the service man in the furniture department I wanted my $3,100 check back :nono:, and to forget me ever buying anything :p from them again :noway: . Then the store manager's jaw :eek: :crying: fell to the floor :faint: :owned: :stretcher: as I walked out the door...:cool:

...and then :ingo: heard about it :lol2: :lmfao:and gave you many well deserved kudos :bow: :thumbsup: :rockwoot:for a nicely played move. One that no doubt has caused the "man"ager :baby: to take up a new hobby :alcoholic: ...

:D :D :D :D

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just started a new job, been here for about 2 weeks. Had a meeting w/ boss today, he had to get a card from his wallet, and I noticed a familiar pink one.
    After a meeting at work today, was standing around talking to the rest of the IT group, and my boss. The subject of home security was brought up, and my boss brought up that he has a gun. I chimed in that I, too, have one. He listed what he had (quite a bit!). Another IT guy jumped in, listed his guns, and that he's going shooting soon.

I told them what I have, asked if he carried. He said no, and asked if I did. I said yep, every day, open carry. Boss said he doesn't think you can do that... but I explained the Indiana law allows it.
    We went on to discuss more about guns as a group, it was pretty nice.

Fishe39392

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    today Southtown Walmart in Fort Wayne after my criminal justice class..got a couple looks and a "nice Glock" from one of the associates at the store. last week to H&H Fireamrs in Fort Wayne to go to the range...couple other places too

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Ruger Single Six on my hip, German Ridge, 5 mile hike. Saw lots of coyote scat, deer tracks and one gut pile in the middle of a creek. No other hikers.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Posey County, near Stewartsville. Single Six open carry again. Didn't see anybody else, but I did spook a very big wolf. I saw him for all of 5 seconds, then he disappeared into the tree line.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Finally, after two years of carrying at Greenwood Park Mall!

Older security guard approaches while I'm talking to my aunt that works there in the middle of the mall, he asks "Excuse me sir, are you a police officer?" with a smile on his face. We both know where it's going

I say "Nope", and he says "Well you're really not supposed to even have that here", pointing at my USP 40.

I say I didn't see any signs, and he chuckles and says it's "rule 6" or something. He was nice about it and funny, so I just covered up. He asked me to pull shirt over it until I get out.

Ah well. Didn't feel like arguing, wasn't a big deal.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Finally, after two years of carrying at Greenwood Park Mall!

Older security guard approaches while I'm talking to my aunt that works there in the middle of the mall, he asks "Excuse me sir, are you a police officer?" with a smile on his face. We both know where it's going

I say "Nope", and he says "Well you're really not supposed to even have that here", pointing at my USP 40.

I say I didn't see any signs, and he chuckles and says it's "rule 6" or something. He was nice about it and funny, so I just covered up. He asked me to pull shirt over it until I get out.

Ah well. Didn't feel like arguing, wasn't a big deal.

Dang, I wish I had seen you. I was there, too. I wasn't really OC, though... just showing a bit.

I'm glad they didn't ask you to leave.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom