• Status
    Not open for further replies.

HobbyGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Newburgh
    Carried into the Walgreens at Green River and Lynch (Evansville) yesterday. As I was checking out with my purchase the cashier asked, "Is that a Glock?"

I replied yes. She stated she had Glock 19, but really preferred her Desert Eagle. I said, "We all have our preferences. Glad you have one that you enjoy."

There were other customers waiting to check out. I strolled on out and home.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    At the Wendy's on Shelbyville Rd. in Louisville, KY, only person that said something was my SIL, she asked were is your Glock?

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    To Office Max to get some paperwork printed and some lamination done, to the gas station at sprawl-mart for some lawnmower go juice, and to Steak N' Shake for a burger and a shake.

The manager at the restaurant came over and started clearing our plates, asking us how things were going, making sure we didn't want dessert or anything else. I expected some comment, but she was just being friendly and providing customer service. I have to say that the customer service has picked up considerably in the last few years we've been going to eat there.

+1 Steak N' Shake
    -1 for Burger King :n00b:

:rockwoot:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    I oc'd last time I was visiting my parents in Ohio as I have no reciprocity in Ohio and OC is legal. Got stopped by everyone and their mother in Wally World and finally as I was leaving I had to explain myself to cops from a city where I got a cop fired a few months before I moved out here. Oh that was fun

NOT

cositc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Martinsville
    I oced at the speedway gas station just on the other side of the indianapolis zoo today and when i was going in side to pay so i could get a bag of ice the two young women with pink and purple hair where walking out and one of them said "Hey you got a permite for that?!"
    Then i said "No" "I have a LTCH."
    Well that was all the fun i've had for today. But I think i'm doing this OC thing wrong, my gun has not jumped up and shot anybody yet.

Jon Craig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Lafayette, IN
    Does printing so much that even a 2 year old would notice the gun count as OC'ing? :D

If so, first time carrying yesterday, went to the Payless on Old 231 in Lafayette, and a walk around my subdivision.

No incidents.

Unless you count when my CZ decided to pistol whip two puppies and a baby seal.

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    Over the weekend I OC'ed at the Speedway on 10th and Grande (just west of Holt) on Saturday night. No problems with cashier or clients.

On Sunday, I OC'ed while filling up with gas on I-74 at Greensburg, but I only paid at the pump.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Had a busy weekend (as usual), and don't remember where all I went! A couple of trips to Lowes, working around the yard (and chatting the the neighbors), at least one breakfast out, and one dinner out. I did cover while visiting my mother in the hospital (just untucked my t-shirt). No MWAG calls and no panic in the streets. The lady next door kept glancing at my hip, but it didn't stop her from chatting about my girl and her grandkids for a while. Just another day in the 'burg.

cyberwild360

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    ok I got ya. I wanted to start testing the OC at some places here in Avon to see what the general consensus is since some cities are a little bit more open to it. I guess this week will be my test bed. I'll post my findings.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    You should be good to go about anywhere in Brownsburg. I've never had an issue in Avon either, for that matter. I OC by default, so if I'm running errands it is with my XD on my hip.

If you are a bit wary to test the water, wear jeans and a nice un-tucked polo shirt. Tuck the polo behind the grip to OC, and flick it over to cover. Quick and easy.

In my experience, adults never notice a thing. Five-year-olds will spot you a mile away, because your holster is at eye level!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    During lunchtime, the Subway on Penn and 116th up in Carmel. Very busy, and I got a surprising amount of glares. First time in a long time anyone has blaitantly stared like that... Hah. Rude :P

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    ok I got ya. I wanted to start testing the OC at some places here in Avon to see what the general consensus is since some cities are a little bit more open to it. I guess this week will be my test bed. I'll post my findings.

I OC all over Avon. Never had issue one.

Hope to bump into you sometime.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom