• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Snayperskaya

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Indy Northwest
    I open carry at the meijer on 38th all the time. The cop who sits out front always gives me a strange look. I think it is because I am white, and going to meijer on 38th at 2 am. I don't think he gives a **** about the HK on my hip.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Girl at my Starbucks (Main and Emerson) finally mentioned it

"So why do you get to carry a gun?"
    "Why do I GET to carry?"
    "Yeah"
    "I've got a license"
    "So you get in many brawls?"
    "Haha, no"
    "Maybe because you carry, heh"
    "Hah, that must be it..."

She's nice. May or may not care either way.

Starbucks at 96th and Meridian is also pretty pro-gun. Couple guys there carry. One guy is pretty liberal (based on his bumper stickers), but no one gas ever said anything negative.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I didn't OC in Beech Grove this morning but I did see at least 2 guys that did, I was so scared that I sat down with them and had breakfast.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    At the diner in Beech Grove this morning. There was a dude trembling in fear in a corner, so we invited him over to have bkfst. Nice enough guy, I guess.

Then to Southport Meijer. That seems to be the place to be for INGOOCers who want to strike fear into the public while wearing their **** on their hip, so I thought I'd see what it's all about. I didn't get the desired attention... I guess I'll move on.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I OCed at the Ft. Branch Dairy Queen yesterday. I think I scared a few people, but no one called the police. At least, if they did, their response time is not impressive. :):

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I OC'd for a while at Binkley's after I had to pick up my baby daughter since she was crying... my cover shirt uncovered my Glock 19 which was being carried OWB.

Nobody noticed, even though my strong side was facing the main entrance.

My burger was undercooked, however.

-1 Burger King... (wait.. I think I'm in the wrong thread)

:INGO:

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Starbucks main/emerson, as most days.

AMC... er, Regal movie theatre in Greenwood. (I hate that name change...) Saw Inception. Cool movie.

Very good movie. Saw it when it came out. One of the best movies that has come out in a while.

I saw someone carrying when I saw it. Had to have been something small. They had two bulges that looked like wallets. Im assuming one was a pocket carry.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Couldn't access the other day, but at the girlfriend's house. Hinky stuff was going on - people breaking into cars and stuff, and someone ran between the houses.

I had the CC vest off and so I just walked out to look around. I didn't really have time to grab it. Stood with her dad (they rent an apartment above Ann's; that can be weird sometimes...) while Ann and her mother were talking with a neighbor.

That night I left the backup gun, a Ruger LCP that she knows how to handle, with Ann. We're going to get her a pink one (she's also looking at revolvers) after she gets some more trigger time in with handguns and a handgun of her own (still deciding what model, and semi-auto or revolver). Until then, the Ruger is staying there. She says things are getting weird, and I believe her.

If I need the .380 as backup, that means I'm not on my land as here the 1911 is backup to a rifle which hits harder than any handgun, and those are both backup to a dog who kills silently, I've found.

The least I can do is give her the LCP for a bit - and it's loaded with Doubletap ammo from back before their quality went to crap.

At any rate, I'm off subject.

Suffice to say that if it seems prudent to carry openly, I do so.

Josh

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    I didn't OC in Beech Grove this morning but I did see at least 2 guys that did, I was so scared that I sat down with them and had breakfast.
    It was a fantastic breakfast. Also there were flightsimmer, Suprtek, SirRealism, Roadie, Walter Zoomie and my son.

I also OC'ed this morning at the Meijer on Southport. I've never had any issues there or anywhere.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    It was a fantastic breakfast. Also there were flightsimmer, Suprtek, SirRealism, Roadie, Walter Zoomie and my son.

I also OC'ed this morning at the Meijer on Southport. I've never had any issues there or anywhere.

Kudos you to for raising such a well-mannered son. He seems like a cool kid. He had to be bored sitting there for 2+ hrs listening to us jabber, but if he was, you certainly couldn't tell.

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    Kudos you to for raising such a well-mannered son. He seems like a cool kid. He had to be bored sitting there for 2+ hrs listening to us jabber, but if he was, you certainly couldn't tell.
    Thanks man, he's an awesome young man and my best friend. He wasn't bored in the least and had a great time.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Ended up working past our usual dinner time, and had to pick my wife and daughter up at her parent's, so we went up to Broad Ripple and ate at Bazbeaux's Pizza (Quatro Formagio and a Greek salad - awesome). Parked along the canal, and walked over. Ate on the deck, since it was soooo nice out yesterday.

Don't know why the Ripple gets a bad rap :dunno: We had our usual enjoyable evening, and headed for home!

jojoa55

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2010
    Evansville
    I open carried for the first time today. Nothing big, just went to eat at Applebee's and then to Wallyworld but it was a big step for me. I felt uncomfortable at first but no one seemed to even notice or take a second look.

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    I open carried for the first time today. Nothing big, just went to eat at Applebee's and then to Wallyworld but it was a big step for me. I felt uncomfortable at first but no one seemed to even notice or take a second look.

Good on ya! Where are you in IN?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom