• Status
    Not open for further replies.

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    This was a cartoon out of a paper in WI. They have a hassle going on in Madison, WI.

Thought it was worth a chuckle.

4e5f1b2c.jpg

Sorry, I never found that the least bit funny. None of us have a smug look on our faces and some are a bit smaller...not me though. :(

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Around the property, picking up the trash on the street, looking for a "lost wallet" that was never found.

Semi OC with the wife at lunch and a bunch of lady shops she wanted to visit. No one noticed at any of them.

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    In the woods while hunting ,HA. Good thing I wasnt Thursday night I got stopped near Noblesville by county pd. He was asking and asking about guns I may have in my truck,I was loaded down too ,always am I hunt much ,target shoot much & always stopping by the range after work so I carry lots of guns/ ammo. If he would have searched my truck he would have freaked ,Im thinking at the time 'why do I have to worry over a legal activity.I shouldnt have to. He gave me my licence back after I said my best friend was hancock deputy. I was stopped for no reason too.He never said why.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    In the woods while hunting ,HA. Good thing I wasnt Thursday night I got stopped near Noblesville by county pd. He was asking and asking about guns I may have in my truck,I was loaded down too ,always am I hunt much ,target shoot much & always stopping by the range after work so I carry lots of guns/ ammo. If he would have searched my truck he would have freaked ,Im thinking at the time 'why do I have to worry over a legal activity.I shouldnt have to. He gave me my licence back after I said my best friend was hancock deputy. I was stopped for no reason too.He never said why.
    So did you refuse to answer his questions? You said that if he searched your truck he would have freaked. So either you refused to answer or you lied.

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    If you are aware of WHO the OCer is in the cartoon, (WI Carry, Inc.- Chairman) and it was drawn specifically in regards to the Madison 5 Culevers incident it's good in context.

It's not meant to be the average joe scaring a fast server.

Sorry, I never found that the least bit funny. None of us have a smug look on our faces and some are a bit smaller...not me though. :(

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    If you are aware of WHO the OCer is in the cartoon, (WI Carry, Inc.- Chairman) and it was drawn specifically in regards to the Madison 5 Culevers incident it's good in context.

It's not meant to be the average joe scaring a fast server.

I'm well aware of the Madison 5. As you can see, I'm in WI, I'm also one of the founding members of WCI. ;) :D I'm just pointing out how terrible the "artist" portrays those of us who OC.

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    I'm well aware of the Madison 5. As you can see, I'm in WI, I'm also one of the founding members of WCI. ;) :D I'm just pointing out how terrible the "artist" portrays those of us who OC.

We are no doubt looking at it very differently then. I think the over the top reaction of the order taker is funny- because that's what some believe happens everytime we OC.

Clearly nothing close to that took place at the Culevers.

I'm looking at it as ironic not accurate.

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    We are no doubt looking at it very differently then. I think the over the top reaction of the order taker is funny- because that's what some believe happens everytime we OC.

Clearly nothing close to that took place at the Culevers.

I'm looking at it as ironic not accurate.
    Since JB Van Hollen's memo over a year ago, this has been something we've been fighting for, being able to carry without being harassed. I myself was harassed by a total of 6 officers (3 state patrol officers in a restaurant, then they sent 3 more county deputies to my house after 10PM that day to harass me some more). While I can see why someone would find this funny, I just don't since I know what kind of fight we are fighting here. :(

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    Protias please allow me to tap out here. I'm laughing at what the antis see through their eyes OK?

I've driven into MI many times to participate in OC events and would gladly do so in WI if I could.

Somehow I've unitentionaly insulted you. We are on the same team. :-)

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    Protias please allow me to tap out here. I'm laughing at what the antis see through their eyes OK?

I've driven into MI many times to participate in OC events and would gladly do so in WI if I could.

Somehow I've unitentionaly insulted you. We are on the same team. :-)
    I didn't take it as an insult to me, just as an insult by every anti-rights person to us who abide by the law. ;)

If you do ever make it up to southeast WI, let me know. I'll buy you a coffee at that famous store who respects state law. :)

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    They came to your house?

Yes. Needless to say, I filed complaints against both departments. WCI helped me throw an OC rally for me. Never received any sort of apology from either department. I'd find the OCDO thread, but that was before they changed the forum software. I haven't had much luck finding threads from before the conversion.

Edit: Found the thread: State Police interaction

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Went to shell station today at north meridian and 96th. Looks like about 8 employees were there behind the counter. I approached, asking one lady if they sell matches. Her eyes were locked on my hip the entire time. I came back to the register to pay.

I heard her make gun shooting noises, then one of the younger guy employees mockingly say "yeah I carry mine everyday" and laugh. They knew I could hear them, it was pathetic. She ended by saying how unprofessional it is to "carry all out like that"

Yes, unprofessional. This coming from scraggly, trashy looking gas station employees... And me, in a three piece suit.

I smile.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Went to shell station today at north meridian and 96th. Looks like about 8 employees were there behind the counter. I approached, asking one lady if they sell matches. Her eyes were locked on my hip the entire time. I came back to the register to pay.

I heard her make gun shooting noises, then one of the younger guy employees mockingly say "yeah I carry mine everyday" and laugh. They knew I could hear them, it was pathetic. She ended by saying how unprofessional it is to "carry all out like that"

Yes, unprofessional. This coming from scraggly, trashy looking gas station employees... And me, in a three piece suit.

I smile.

I would have asked to see the Manager.
    Man, Customer Service is a lost art. 20 years ago when I was in Management for Shell, then Speedway, talking to a customer like that would have been at LEAST a write up, if not termination..

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana

I smile.
    :n00b: You wear a THREE PIECE SUIT? Really? If you were wearing a suit jacket how did they see the gun on your hip?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom