Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It's MasterCard policy, which stores agreed to abide by.

This morning, usual Starbucks, parked next to Greenwood Officer. I opened door for him, he didn't say anything or mention my OC. I wanted to joke about "Oh do I get free coffee, too?", but figured that's an old, tired, overheard remark... :P

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Throw in something about doughnuts to spice it up a bit. :D

Or you could sniff loudly as he walks past and say "I didn't know they served bacon here." It's guaranteed to be a fresh one for him, and I'm sure he'll get a real belly laugh from it!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Went to Superior Liquers on Main St next to Emerson. The guy running the place was out front smoking. I walked up, he said "Whoaaaa... haha, just kidding."

I chuckled and went in, he came in afterward and said something like "Just messing with you" and laughed.

Picked out some stuff and went to the register. He kept saying "If you don't mind me asking..." followed by a question. Stuff like "How'd you start doing that?" (referring to carry), and "I didn't know about it" (referring to carry laws in Indiana). Asked why I carry, if I'm in 'the force', etc.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    La Quesidilla St. John... I than had a police officer come to the house to do an inspection on my new truck, but I left it in the house... didnt want any trouble

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Back to Long John's in B-burg (needed a quick dinner). Chatted with an older gentleman for a bit. He asked if I ever get hassled (which I don't). His 9mm was in the car. It was too heavy to carry, and he asked if the "new-fangled plastic guns" were lighter. Nice guy.

Stopped by Thrifty Supply and Lowes on the way home.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Went to my brother's house for my nephews b-day party, then went to Kmart for a while. I noticed a few people looking, but nothing interesting happened.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Usual places. Went to the gas station at Emerson and Main. Was standing in line, heard "Is that a Kel-Tec?"

I respond that it's a USP 40. I ask the man if he carries, he says he has a LTCH but never carries. Says he drives a semi across country, and wouldn't be able to.

Had a discussion with the guy and the cashier about various carry laws, sparked a conversation :)

Demo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2010
    This was a cartoon out of a paper in WI. They have a hassle going on in Madison, WI.

Thought it was worth a chuckle.

4e5f1b2c.jpg

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    OC'ed in B-Burg Wal-Mart along with the wife Sunday night. This weekend is the first I got her to carry since we moved down here. Anyhow, we got a few looks but not much more. After loading our thing into the car and pulling out of our parking space, we noticed 2 Brownsburg PD cars pull up and park in the fire lane and both officers headed into the store. Kinda wondering what we missed going on inside.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    OC'ed in B-Burg Wal-Mart along with the wife Sunday night. This weekend is the first I got her to carry since we moved down here. Anyhow, we got a few looks but not much more. After loading our thing into the car and pulling out of our parking space, we noticed 2 Brownsburg PD cars pull up and park in the fire lane and both officers headed into the store. Kinda wondering what we missed going on inside.

Them looking for a MWAG and a WWAG? :dunno:
    :D

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Care Ambulance HQ, Speedway gas station on 16th St in Speedway, and B-burg Wal-Mart again. Didn't go any farther than the Red Box. No issues anywhere.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    I OC'd into Bob's in Plainfield one afternoon last week. I've been in there several times and purchased the handgun I was carrying there. I noticed they ALL were looking me over, but never said anything.

BTW, if there is no round chambered but the mag is full is the gun considered unloaded?:dunno: I thought about that when I walked out and reread the sign on the door.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I OC'd into Bob's in Plainfield one afternoon last week. I've been in there several times and purchased the handgun I was carrying there. I noticed they ALL were looking me over, but never said anything.

BTW, if there is no round chambered but the mag is full is the gun considered unloaded?:dunno: I thought about that when I walked out and reread the sign on the door.

Rounds in gun = loaded whether you've chambered a round or not.

Oh, and where did I OC today? Nowhere. Too lazy to put on a belt. Yeah, I know. Thinking about a trip to Merrillville, though, so I'll OC there.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009

If you aren't a regular they will give you the evil eye in there, last time I was there Bob saw my empty holster and asked me if my gun was in the car.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom