• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    Your going to print off the law that says Indiana is an Open Carry state??

I think the point of the exercise is to print out the law and show "the expert" that the manner of carry (open, concealed, under your hat, duct taped on the sleeve of your coat, or with a goat on a boat in a moat :-) is not specified in Indiana's relevant gun laws, and therefore not prohibited. There used to be a page on the Indiana State Police website stating the law was silent on OC, but it seems to be gone. With the rise in OC activism, I suspect they took the page down for a reason...

tinfoil-hat.jpg

;)

By the way, I open carried my 100% real-deal katana last night and had to cut down an enemy that had insulted my honor. But I always do that when I am at the dojo and the straw rolls seal their fate by claiming I have no mad sword skills...
    They usually get proved wrong.
    samurai.gif
    :D

Last edited:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    It's now in the Licensing FAQ pdf..

Does Indiana statute require me to carry the handgun on my person concealed or exposed?

Indiana law is silent on this issue; however, carrying an exposed weapon in public may
    alarm some people. Also, the right to carry a firearm may be restricted on private
    property and businesses by the owners. Be attentive for signs warning of restricted
    areas when carrying firearms into public places. If approached by law enforcement for
    official business such as traffic stops or complaint related inquiries, it is recommended
    that you tell the officer in a non-threatening manner that you are carrying a weapon or have a weapon in the vehicle and that you have a valid permit. A law enforcement
    officer does have the right to inspect the permit.

..here's something I didn't know about Indiana..
    I am a permit holder from another state and will be in Indiana in the future. Where and how can I carry my handgun in your state?

As stated in the previous question, Indiana honors licenses issued by other states according to the terms thereof. In other words, if you home state requires the weapon be concealed, then the weapon must be concealed in Indiana. If you cannot carry on your person in your vehicle in
    your home state, then do not do so in Indiana.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I OCed today at the store and the bank. Nobody said a word. I don't think anyone ever noticed.

Of course, I had my shirt covering my gun. Maybe that's why? :D

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    ..here's something I didn't know about Indiana..
    I am a permit holder from another state and will be in Indiana in the future. Where and how can I carry my handgun in your state?

As stated in the previous question, Indiana honors licenses issued by other states according to the terms thereof. In other words, if you home state requires the weapon be concealed, then the weapon must be concealed in Indiana. If you cannot carry on your person in your vehicle in

I've never understood that rule.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Semi-OC'd today (had a flannel shirt on, I'm sure it rode up once or twice)at my credit union, Circle K gas station, and Marsh for groceries. No incidents.

First real OC, learned a better belt is no longer a need, but a "must have right now!"

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado

Yay for me! I live in an OC state. No permit required to OC or transport in your vehicle. :rockwoot:Good to know for my trip back to IN next month.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

As stated in the previous question, Indiana honors licenses issued by other states according to the terms thereof. In other words, if you home state requires the weapon be concealed, then the weapon must be concealed in Indiana. If you cannot carry on your person in your vehicle in your home state, then do not do so in Indiana.

Just so everyone knows, everything beyond "In other words," in that quote is just someone's debatable opinion and not case law that I'm aware of.

So, Beau... you gonna sneak in some OC bowling while you're back in Indiana? :popcorn:

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Just so everyone knows, everything beyond "In other words," in that quote is just someone's debatable opinion and not case law that I'm aware of.

So, Beau... you gonna sneak in some OC bowling while you're back in Indiana? :popcorn:
    A lot of things on that site are not case law or backed by IC. They seem to have a real talent for fictional writing on that FAQ.

I'm down with some bowling if I have the time.

Beau is my hero. Let's OC together.... baby.

How can I be your hero if your my hero??? Let's do it.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    BD's Mongorian BBQ.

Lady came up to me at the grill, says her entire table was debating if I was a detective or a cop. I said neither, and we discussed it at length. She didn't realize you could OC in Indiana because her friend said you couldn't...

She said she wanted to buy a gun, but her husband wouldn't let her ( -_- ), so she got a rotweiler instead.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    BD's Mongorian BBQ.

Lady came up to me at the grill, says her entire table was debating if I was a detective or a cop. I said neither, and we discussed it at length. She didn't realize you could OC in Indiana because her friend said you couldn't...

She said she wanted to buy a gun, but her husband wouldn't let her ( -_- ), so she got a rotweiler instead.

BD's is so darned tasty....

Last edited:

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    BD's Mongorian BBQ.

What kind of husband won't let his wife protect herself when she's out and about?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom