• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    ...some lady leaned over to her husband/boyfriend and acted like she was going to whisper something, then quite loudly she says "He has a gun! Why do you think he has a gun?!?" and had a really puzzled look on her face. I just kept walking. So I bought my donuts and coffee...

She's not very observant at all. Coffee, donuts, and a gun? Pretty obvious you're a cop.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Update on my vacation OC'ing

Actually, Dad and I both OC'd just about the whole time we were on vacation. We visited Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks and spent time in Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho. It was a really cool trip! We had no problems anywhere we went with the guns, but we did get to have a few interesting conversations with people as a result of OC'ing.

We carried in the national parks, on the trails we hiked, and in all the towns we visited: Jackson and Cody, Wyoming (except the Buffalo Bill Historical Center, which prohibited firearms); Gardiner, Montana; and Driggs, Idaho.

The BBHC was incredibly cool. Dad and I spent like an hour and a half speeding through their 1500-strong gun collection, but we didn't even get to see the second floor, which has another 1200 guns! Got chased out because they were closing. Highly recommended, if you ever make it out thataway.

Point of note: there are still many signs up in the parks that say something like, "Firearms [among other items] are prohibited on trails or in the back-country..." We asked a US Park Ranger about them and she told us that those signs just haven't been updated yet; some have been updated, but not all, apparently. She seemed surprised we'd seen several that were still not corrected. She verified that it is legal to carry in the parks*, but that it was not legal to fire your weapon. I interjected, "...unless you're being attacked or something." She told me that even then, you can technically be charged, citing a recent case where a man said he was being attacked by a grizzly bear, shot it several times, killing it, and was charged with firing his weapon in a national park, killing an endangered animal, and maybe a couple other things — and was found guilty! I haven't had a chance yet to verify that account, but I'm planning on it once I get a chance. Either way, I decided, if I had been attacked by a bear, I wasn't gonna think twice about shooting it! (Better judged by 12 than carried by 6.)

*She also clarified that the only buildings we couldn't enter armed were ones staffed by Park Rangers: Visitor Centers were generally off-limits, but restrooms or gift shops would be OK.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Last night - Starbucks, Taco Bell, and around.

The kid at Taco Bell taking my order said "You law enforcement?"
    "Nope, personal"
    "Hells yeah. I can't wait to get my license. Want to get a Colt 45 or a Glock."
    "Very cool."

Heh, nice kid.

Now I'm sitting on my balcony, got a good cigar, listening to some Sinatra. It's a damn fine afternoon.

indoorsoccerfrea

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    originally posted by henktermaat:
    Marsh, Liquor store, gas station in Carmel. OC'd my empty holster in the Post Office.

Finally! Another Carmelite. Hopefully sometime we'll see each other carrying. It sure can get lonely out there...

Open carried all the way from Eastern Ohio to Carmel yesterday, then around Carmel a bit. Nothing interesting happened, like being given free food...

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Went around Carmel for lunch. Went to Walgreens, as well as the Gamestop at Clay Terrace.

The guy running the place was very nice, asked "What're you carrying" after greeting me. I told him it was a USP 40, and he was very enthusiastic with complimenting my choice. He talked about how he just got his license, and also applied to the Indiana State Police. He mentioned he's still trying to making a decision on what gun to choose, but may just go with the standard issue Glock 40. Talked a little while about favorite guns and whatnot.

I bought Civilization 5. I had no idea that Gamestop was there.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hah, but HE said it!

Starbucks this morning. Guy behind me said something to the cashier after I walked away, because they both looked over at my hip after he'd said it. Cashier knows me, and just chuckled.

Going to BD's Mongolian BBQ tonight. Anyone have experience carrying there?

Edit: Haha. Just left Carmel Starbucks. I got a free drink because it's my birthday. One of the workers walked over and said:

"You should have been like 'It's free? *thumbs his invisible holster*, Right?'"

The way he imitated me was so serious and hilarious.

Last edited:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Yesterday, while moving into my new house south of Martinsville. My new neighbor comes over to do the into's. Nice guy, brings over a cold one and everything. I saw him glance down at my 24/7 SS ProDS .45 and smile. (Yeah, it's a Taurus and I love it. 3" rapid fire groups at 15 yards right out of the box) :+1: for the brewski.

Stopped in to the BP on 39 for some go go juice with a Morgan Cty Deputy filling up right beside me. Not even a look. (I've heard Morgan seems to be the most heavily armed county in the State. So really didn't expect any hassles there, LOL )

Still in my moving garb, having forgotten my cover shirt at the new house, my GF and I went to the Panera Bread Co in Plainfield for dinner. No hassles, but did get a few raised eyebrows from the "Snooties" sitting around telling each other how important they were.

All in all,,,,a good OC day for me. :)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thanks! It was a good experience. While up at the grill, kid next to me had a lot of questions about carrying, sate laws, if I was a "detective", etc. He was very polite and good to talk to.

BDs was out of duck :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Evanlee11
    Top Bottom