Not open for further replies.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Crossdraw OC?

Wasn't me, but at WallyWorld on Co. Line and Emerson Friday afternoon, I noticed a guy Crossdraw OCing a full size auto, might have been a Glock based on the butt of the gun.

At the time, I was OWB CCing the G27, but I quickly stuffed my T-Shirt between my waist and the gun once I started warming up. It's so much more comfortable that way.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Was on vacation the better part of last week, OC'd everywhere I went, testing out my new Bladetech Nano IWB holster. Got to say I'm glad I didn't wait for a Raven, but it's the best $40 I've spent in a while.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Congrats to all you guys for OC'ing :)

I OC everywhere i know i wont have a problem (pretty much everywhere). if its a store thats known to be anti-gun then i will CC. i dont EVER leave home without a pistol. I dont boycot stores unless they **** me off in other ways. but i dont make a scene about being able to carry either, if im ever asked to "take it to my vehicle" i will politely do just that, then at the car i will re-adjust and come back with it cc'd :)

offroadking208

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    i usually don't OC because i drive a crown vic and dont care to be mistaken for a police officer. but today i had just gotten off work, i was hot and tired and i didnt think my IWB holster would be very comfortable. so i just OC'd in my Fobus paddle holster instead of my IWB holster. no stares, questions or anything, lol. Just went in, got my schedule from my other job and left. no screams, panic, OH MY GOD! HE HAS A GUN!!!'s or anything of that matter. :yesway: lol

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    County Market. How exciting!! :D

I did get rained on, though, and my gun got wet. I hope it doesn't melt.

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Caught in the hail storm...Pulled off on Washington, went to an empty section of the building, pulled my car up under the awning and waited it out. Got out to watch the action, other cars doing the same. Had my Kimber Ultra II open carry at the time.
    talked to a few people while there, nobody said a word about it.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Started the day with an INGO FTF deal in the Lebanon McDonald's parking lot.
    Later, went hiking at Turkey Run State Park with family and friends.
    Stopped by Pizza Hut for dinner.

Hi, I'm ATM. I am a man with a gun. :)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I OC'ed all over my wife's best friend's apartment complex looking for her dead beat Ex husband that beat her. Even though the hood was alive with activity I didn't even get one nervous stare. Guess they're used to it. :):

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    When the weather is warm I OC everywhere (that's legal). I'll only be updating when I have some kind of encounter. Yesterday at Jewel in Munster & a nearby Chinese restaurant. No problem whatsoever.

Today had breakfast at Sophia's Pancake House, no problem. Then g/f and I went to Meijer in Highland. Walked all the way around the store once, and made it to the outdoor part. Problem. Highland officer comes up behind me to discuss me open carrying. He informed me he knows it's legal for me to carry openly, but he was informed it was upsetting someone who saw me. So he asked if I could conceal it somehow, which I tried just to be nice, but I wasn't wearing something that does a very good job. I had half a black holster sticking out from under a large gun print, I was wearing a Sig 229 in a Blackhawk Serpa. I'm also 5'10" 150 lbs, so concealing only happens with much smaller firearms or lots more clothes. He asked if I had a permit, I reply, "No, but I have a license." Deadpan look reply, and then he asks to see it. He then asks to see my ID (gave my driver's license), which lead him to say I need to have my addresses match up. I tried to explain that all I legally have to do is inform ISP of the change, I don't have to get the license itself updated. He wasn't convinced, so I told him to ask his fellow Highland officer, Officer Potesta, since he's done research on Indiana carry laws. He admitted not knowing what Meijer's policy was, I told him I never had a problem before, didn't feel like telling him it didn't matter what their policy is, they'd have to ask me to leave regardless of any signage. He also asked how many times I've been bothered while OC'ing, I replied maybe once or twice a year, it's not a big deal. Not a bad experience, he was just checking up on someone's concern. In hindsight I should've asked if he informed the concerned citizen that the way I was carrying is completely legal in Indiana.

Only annoying thing was after we loaded the car and left, he ended up pulling out of another exit right behind me. No idea if it was just coincidence or purposeful since he didn't pull me over. Just followed behind the 3+ miles up 41 from Meijer in Highland to Ridge Road. I turned left to go home, he turned right which is the direction the station is.

Very happy he checked up on someone's concerns, and that he knows OC is legal. Hopefully he checks up on the address change rule. I also wish my g/f was more accepting of my carry preference. Really is for comfort. Everyone else does disturbing things, so why should I care what they think about when they see me.

Edit: Forgot to mention, he didn't say anything about my INGO Tactical hat. Maybe he'll Google it.

Last edited:

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I went to the Huntington Walmart to get some groceries and Battlefield Bad Company 2. Nobody ran away screaming, shot at me, or called the police.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    We had some unwelcom...er... unexpected visitors at our home today. While my parents were suffer...er... entertaining, one of them came up to me (I was working at my computer) and asked, "Whatcha packin'?"

I said, "Uh, just my insurance."

So then she tapped my holster with the back of her hand and said, "But what is it?"

Would it have been wrong to practice some of my retention techniques at that point? Would it?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom