Not open for further replies.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Thoroughly reading the OP... It's pretty clear that the issue came from the LEO who caused the scene .

Not saying the LEO was right by any stretch. However, the OP in the other post did err in telling the LEOs that they were violating his rights by asking to see his LTCH. Things may have transpired a little differently had he just shone the LTCH, or maybe not. Just saying, the OP didn't have all of his ducks in a row either.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Not saying the LEO was right by any stretch. However, the OP in the other post did err in telling the LEOs that they were violating his rights by asking to see his LTCH. Things may have transpired a little differently had he just shone the LTCH, or maybe not. Just saying, the OP didn't have all of his ducks in a row either.

I'll actually completely agree with you.
    I hate to be the one to say it (being someone that generally isn't judgmental)...
    But it seems like most of the OC'd and had problems threads come from people who either are new to it,
    carry themselves awkwardly (or really are just uncomfortable with it) or outright just not smart enough to handle the situation.

-So with that, I'll be the first to admit that there's done right/done wrong on both parties usually... Just saying in this case,
    For whatever given reason, the LEO wasn't having it with the OP from the other thread.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    Went to the Sprint store on Pendleton Pike in Indy on Monday. A lady there (customer) timidly spoke up as I was leaving:
    L: "Umm.... Are you... Are you a cop?"
    Me: "No Ma'am"
    L: "Well is it just for personal protection?"
    Me: "Yup, that's it."
    L: "ohh that's good"
    Employee: "That's how you should do it!"

Sounds like another good experience.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    At bw3 greenwood co line/Emerson now

Other than that, just Starbucks this morning

Edit

On the way out, there were three people on the patio. One yells "Hey brother? Isn't it illegal to have a gun in a bar in this state?"
    "Nope. It is in other states, not this one..."
    "Yeah, lots of other states.... jesus..."

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Starbucks and McDonalds this morning.

The cashier at starbucks, an older woman at the columbus store, asked "Are you a police man?"
    "No I am not."
    "But you're carrying a gun!"
    "That's alright."
    "You're allowed to do that?"

haha

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Mmmm.... BBQ.....

Ate at City BBQ in Avon last night. Actually noticed a few inquisitive looks. The place was PACKED with families. Looks like they have a pretty good deal on a family dinner. $20 for 4 sides and a combination of BBQ sandwiches.

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    Bw3 in Munster. Meijer in highland. IUN in Gary. Centennial park Munster. Had to disarm when going to Chicago heights.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    Carried at a house warming in Lake Schaeffer area yesterday. Someone bumped into Roscoe and said, my that thing is big.

Everyone laughed after I said I wasn't used to hearing that before.

Sorry to hear that the DNA gods have been unkind...I can't relate... :laugh: :p ;)

Someone bumped into Roscoe and said, my that thing is big.

The correct response was, of course...

Thats-What-She-Said-600x480-550x440.jpg

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    County Seat South Liquor store in Crown Point. Wife and I wandered around for about 15 min. Customers nor staff seemed to notice. If they did they didn't care. :patriot:

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    ^^^IBTPWTYSATYTYW

(In Before The Person Who Takes You Seriously And Tells You That You're Wrong) had to spell it out for all of you n00bs. Haha

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Burger King on Mckinley. Guy behind was leaning over to see my gun. He looked at me and said, "Glock..." I replied with, "19." He said, "I have one of those." He then told me he was CCing his Kahr PM9, and he was visiting from VA. I told him to enjoy his stay here, and that I was just in VA yesterday.

I love that about OC. You meet people and have great conversations that you'd otherwise not have had.

Spyke05

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I OC'd day before yesterday in Kroger on West Washington Street. I was Walking through the frozen food section when a Securitas guard approached me and VERY rudely said Are you carrying a gun. I was a little taken but said yes. The guard then asked why and I said, "Because I Can." She then demanded my LTCH and I asked why.(At this point more because I was annoyed and really curious of her answer.) She actually said its the law that I have to prove to her I am legally carrying my handgun. I asked her under what IC and she said well its Kroger policy. I then aggitated but very cool and calm said that I didn't need to show it to her and she was bordering on harassment. I say harassment because she would not drop it even after I asked would you prefer me to leave. So I continued on my way as she still nagged me while following me. She said at that point she was going to contact her manager and see what can be done. And for the record not one actual Kroger employee ever said a word to me and were all very polite.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom