Not open for further replies.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Basically OC'd all day long today while going about my business. Commander Restaurant in Munster (breakfast with the Mrs), Gailmard Eye Center Munster (had to have the screws on my glasses tightened up, Dan's Barber Shop Munster (haircut), Jewel / Osco grocery store in Dyer (weekly grocery run with the Mrs), Delocks Liquors in Munster (picked up some Bud for tomorrow's fishing trip), Speedway gas station in Munster, Trek bicycle store in Shererville. Not a single comment regarding the sidearm, several friendly conversations with employees during the day, and one friendly conversation with another patron while waiting at the barber shop - none of them had a single word in reference to the pistol.

Last edited:

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    At Red Robin in Schererville. No comments, no problems. I didn't see a sign despite the coporate statement in another thread a few years back. Also at Cabelas and non-eventful there as usual.

elwoodward

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Washington Co.
    Carried to Local VFD for my CPR certification then some friends house and back on over to Tampico Truck and Tractor pulls. only comment about my firearm was a little boy maybe 5 yrs old "he has a gun." his father looked at me i nodded my head and went on.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Carried to Local VFD for my CPR certification then some friends house and back on over to Tampico Truck and Tractor pulls. only comment about my firearm was a little boy maybe 5 yrs old "he has a gun." his father looked at me i nodded my head and went on.
    I've had that happen before. The father told the kid "so what, shut up" :):

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    OC'd yesterday at Subway picking up lunch for the family. City officer in line right behind us. Never said a word, didn't even look in our direction except to order food.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Nice evening out and about yesterday. Took my wife and daughter to the Noodle Co. in Plainfield for a light dinner. Three officers, who I assume were visiting the Academy there in Plainfield (I don't remember the town name on their squad car) were eating there as well. No issues.

Then, off to Swinford park for an hour or so. My little girl is still young enough I need to follow her around a bit (she needs help getting up/down from some things). Several other families were there as well. I even spun the merry-go-'round for my daughter and a couple of other little girls while their mother stood across from me. No issues, no comments. Just another nice day in the park.

Also ran by Autozone and the gas station, but those are pretty run of the mill any more.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN

Similar experience a few weeks ago at the check out line in the local grocery store. There was a family in the lane next to me, mom, dad, and a little boy approx 6 years old. I had just paid and was starting to walk out with my groceries when comes this not-so-little little voice calling out from behind me, "HEY MISTER!". His parents immediately hushed the little tyke before any mention of "gun", and that was the end of it. I looked over at them and everyone had a little chuckle as I wheeled my cart out the door.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    OC'd at Denny's last night (I'm there quite a bit and the co-workers say they feel safer when I'm there).

On a side note: Has anyone seen the Denny's commercial where they make a reference to "American" having "the right to bear arms"?

Just for the sake of the reference alone means they do support the 2A otherwise they'd have kept their nose out of it. Rep for Denny's! :rockwoot:

Right to Bear Arms in New Denny's Commerical:
    Denny’s new ad celebrates the right to bear arms in true form | Pam's House Blend

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    OC'd at Denny's last night (I'm there quite a bit and the co-workers say they feel safer when I'm there).

On a side note: Has anyone seen the Denny's commercial where they make a reference to "American" having "the right to bear arms"?

Just for the sake of the reference alone means they do support the 2A otherwise they'd have kept their nose out of it. Rep for Denny's! :rockwoot:

Right to Bear Arms in New Denny's Commerical:
    Denny’s new ad celebrates the right to bear arms in true form | Pam's House Blend

Not all Denny's.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo..._self_defense/221028-dennys_not_so_great.html

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN

Thoroughly reading the OP... It's pretty clear that the issue came from the LEO who caused the scene (not to mention it's in Gary...minutes away from the one of the worst states in the Nation regarding firearm law)
    If it was his personal observation to contact him............... then that has nothing to do with Denny's.
    If he was accused of an illegal MWAG call by a Denny's employee...... then that's the view and personal opinion of that associate.

My point? Corporate Denny's supports the 2A... and that's all I was reiterating in reference to the commercial.

As far as bringing in the whole SWAT team and forcing the guy into the corner...
    Well, at that point, I wouldn't doubt the Denny's employee that said they need to leave would probably side with 7+ LE Officers.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom