• Status
    Not open for further replies.

kyle1058

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2009
    Noble County
    Well i don't know if this is considered "open" carry, but i had a t-shirt covering the grip at least 80% of the time.. Its obvious i was carrying but it doesnt stand out nearly as much as a truely open carry...

Millers Super Valu in rome city,, manager greeted me at checkout after glancing down, asked me how i was doing and asked me if i found everything okay, and how i was doing, to which i responded "fine, thanks" "found everything okay, etc.." "How are you, blah blah blah".. no problems, but there was an older grungy looking gentlemen beside me in line (in his 50's i guess, thats older to me). He glanced down at my hip and stared for several seconds and i kinda turned my head and glanced at his face for a split second and he immediately turned away, didn't say a word.

Also went to Work One (a place to look for jobs, I'm unemployed currently), there was several individuals looking, no one said anything. Prompt service there and filled a few apps out sitting down with the gun hanging off the side of the chair in the holster, I would say 80% of the people there didnt notice, maybe 20-25 people there total, really small office, maybe 20x30ft with chairs all around and some computers and a desk.

Stopped at the BP gas station in kendallville, no one said anything to me, someone might have noticed, I didn't really act any different than a normal person, not really concerned about anyone noticing.

Stopped at Save-A-Lot (A local discount gocery store), did all my shopping, manager greeted me, asked me how I was doing, don't think he noticed at all (once again, t-shirt covering the grip), guy ran in front of me at the checkout and grabbed a candy bar, then looked at my face and i said "go ahead" and he smiled and said "thanks", walked out to my car and started bending over to load groceries into my car, and the car next to me had 2 kids in the back seat and a woman in the front, i heard the kids gawking and i could see them staring out the window as my pistol was uncovered and i heard the woman turn and yell at them "SHUT.. THE..****..UP!!!" Lmao..

I carry everywhere, its summer, just a T-shirt covering it if im in public.. most people don't notice but it looks like i have a growth on my hip with the fobus holster sticking out the bottom of my shirt. :D

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    My work one has a a sign that says no weapons on the the door under that it says illegal weapons and mentions prosecution that day I was CCing so I went in anyway I don't think I'd OC there without talking to someone at my branch. Good for you myabe you should go full oc and not cover the grip?

dmpxd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    I was in town last weekend and went to a local store where they sell firearms along with many other things. I happen to run into mine and my wifes general practice/ family Physician and he said: "Whoa packin' hot there I see". I had no idea what to say... So, I stated yes the 2nd amendment is a glorious legacy our forefathers gave/earned for us (it was the weekend of the 4th)! and to top it off my wife was embarrased as she was CC'ing in her purse, and he was ultimately there to buy a rifle!!!

WTH!

kyle1058

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2009
    Noble County
    My work one has a a sign that says no weapons on the the door under that it says illegal weapons and mentions prosecution that day I was CCing so I went in anyway I don't think I'd OC there without talking to someone at my branch. Good for you myabe you should go full oc and not cover the grip?

Didn't see a sign anywhere that said that... No one said anything, including several workers that were standing next to me on the side i was carrying.. They can't prosecute me right away just ask me to leave, right? It's not a federal building AFAIK???

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    No sign no problem. My workone office is south bend so I'm gussing thats why they have the No weapons I was not worried because mine was legal I have a permit:D

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I still can't wait to OC. I was supposed to get a holster via the Pay it Forward thread, but the donor crapped out. :dunno:

Love reading these stories though :yesway:

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Went to Famous Dave's UMMMMM Chicken wings!:yesway: Then Best Buy to check out cell phones a older associate came up and angrly said "You got a badge to go with that":drill: I reply "Don't need one I have a permit form the state":p He barks back "It doesn't need to be concealed" :xmad:I reply "no" :fawk:it made me a little mad because he just did this while walking by and didn't stay to have a disscusion. A few minutes later the Asset protection associate came up and asked to see my permit. I tell him that I'm only required to show it to a LEO but in the intrest of not causing a problem I would show him. I checked out a few other things and on the way out I talked to the security guy again and he didn't know that almost anyone can get a permit.:facepalm:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Heh, I'm hoping I dont run into that sort of thing on my first time.

I think I'll do Walmart in Greenwood when my license comes. Prolly go with an OWB holster, but with a tucked in t-shirt and an open overshirt... so it's showing for the most part. Want to get that experience, but not dive into it too hard.

Last edited:

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    I walked to McDonald's in Hammond yesterday afternoon. No problems until I started walking home. I was messing around with my cell phone (installing an app) and standing at the first intersection waiting for the light. A group of teenagers was coming up behind me as well when one of the girls said "he got a gun!" and she started backing off. The others just giggled as she jogged across the intersection. I just raised my eyebrow and kept fiddling with my phone while the others crossed. I waited till the lights were all good for crossing and did so. Unfortunately they weren't walking as fast as I so I got off the sidewalk and gave them some space as I passed.

Teenagers *rolls eyes*

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    I walked to McDonald's in Hammond yesterday afternoon. No problems until I started walking home. I was messing around with my cell phone (installing an app) and standing at the first intersection waiting for the light. A group of teenagers was coming up behind me as well when one of the girls said "he got a gun!" and she started backing off. The others just giggled as she jogged across the intersection. I just raised my eyebrow and kept fiddling with my phone while the others crossed. I waited till the lights were all good for crossing and did so. Unfortunately they weren't walking as fast as I so I got off the sidewalk and gave them some space as I passed.

Teenagers *rolls eyes*

Yep, my little nieces and nephew give me more crap than anybody. They are young and get all scared if they see the uncle "carrying." I keep it in the holster on my hip at the house. It's locked up when not in use and I carry b/c I do reserve officer stuff also. I usually wear a jacket over it, but when I'm home, I don't. I sat them down and had a talk about it. They are my brother's kids and his nagging ex-wife is probably the one that instilled the anti-gun crap in them... time to be the good uncle! :)

I've never open carried, but I don't worry if my jacket blows a little open or something. If an officer comes and asks, I'll hand him the ID and permit...

emsdial911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Lapel
    They did not ban me, but told me i could not carry a gun into the store. The whole store was in an up roar like it was a huge deal going on. kind of made a big scene for nothing. Got the attention of all the employees and alot of shoppers. I don't think i am going to OC for awhile. It was kind of embarrasing.

Which Marsh? I also live in Anderson and have OC'd in all the payless stores, Marsh, and Kroger with no problems. Let me know which store. Just curious to know if I have OC'd in there. If not then I will.:D

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    I'm also in Anderson, more details, please! :)

PS: I also go to Mounds mall if I have to. No guns allowed there... so dumb.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    They did not ban me, but told me i could not carry a gun into the store. The whole store was in an up roar like it was a huge deal going on. kind of made a big scene for nothing. Got the attention of all the employees and alot of shoppers. I don't think i am going to OC for awhile. It was kind of embarrasing.

I'm glad my ancestors during the 20's and black people during the 50's didn't feel that way (embarrassed) when their RIGHTS were violated by requesting a meal at the counter of a restaurant. :twocents:

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Today went to Gander Mountain on County Line and Emerson. Went there with a friend to help him pick up a safe. (Loads of fun getting that thing into his condo). While we were waiting for the safe we checked out the grip on the new Glocks. Got a couple of glances but no one had a problem with OC. Was not told I couldn't handle a firearm from the case because I was carrying.

Then this evening took the kids to the park. Got some questions from a couple of other kids at the park. Was I a cop. What kind of gun was I carrying etc..

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Witch Marsh store in Anderson? I live close to the one on Broadway and I have an inside connection to the management team. (My wife) She would most definately told me about this. Then again we have been on vacation the last week.

While on vacation OC'd Marsh in Warsaw, Palenstine Lake while fishing, bait shop, loading dock, ect. OC'd at Indiana Beach, golfing, and at the Monticello Walmart. Keep in mind IWB G19 but shirt was tucked in.

I wonder which one as well. I go to Anderson alot but normally go to Payless or Meijer. But I normally CC and have had no probs. I've both OC'd and CC'd in the Marsh in Elwood though and haven't had a prob either. But of course I know a few of the people that work there, even one of the managers, she lives down the road from me and her oldest daughter is one of my sister's friends. So I'd be up for joining ya in a CC then OC day at Marsh, sounds like fun to me, lol

Today I actually did OC for once after my interview cause after going in there with no gun, knives, lighter or anything I felt rather naked and thought I'd OC the rest of the afternoon in Muncie with my springfield 1911 GI in OD green on my hip. I went to Walmart, of course no probs, then Dunhams, no probs there even talked guns with the guy at the gun counter as I was looking at some of the AK's especially the polish tantal :smileak: After that I went to Rural king and again no probs, I stepped in the Marsh there for a moment but just to look for an IN auto and rv magazine. Then went down to Meijer and went all over the store. At the milk cooler I was waiting for a woman and her little girl (I'd say 5-6 years old or so) to get done and I think I heard the girl quietly say to her mommy, that guy's got a gun... but the mom didn't really say anything. Maybe it just looked like I should have one on since I had on my INGO tactical hat the whole time. :ingo:

I may start OC'ing more often, lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom