• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    couple of gas stations and a walmart. got a lot of looks and one old dude asked me about how u go about getting a gun permit after asking if i had one.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    couple of gas stations and a walmart. got a lot of looks and one old dude asked me about how u go about getting a gun permit after asking if i had one.

A fellow Muncie open carrier. That's good. I have yet to see another person in Muncie open carry in the two years I have lived here.

Jared

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    OC every day, almost everywhere I go. Walmart, garage sales, meijer, suds on saturday nights... most of the comments I get are the same stupid question: You got a permit for that thing? DUH, I'm not as dumb as you look. Had one african american fellow tell me I had better cover it up or it would get taken away by the first cop that sees it. I argued for a minute, and he told me that it had happened to him and thats why he said something... I told him that it isn't illegal and he said it doesnt matter, it will still be confiscated. Poor ignorant man. Perhaps he didnt have a permit himself ;)

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Because I OC so often since it's summer I don't reply here much anymore.... however....

I OC'ed into the Value City furniture on Sunday. As I was walking in I saw the no gun signs plastered on each side of the enterance doors, something about "safe enviroment" :rolleyes: ... I figured screw it, I'm OC'ing and I'm not untucking my shirt for these idiots. They don't want our business, plenty of other furniture stores around.

We didn't walk the whole store, but looked at bedrom sets for awhile and then left. I got some looks, but no one said a word.

I also OC'ed at the Schererville walmart, complete non-event there.

Ness2k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    China ^_^
    OC'd at Southlake Mall in Merrillville today. No one was shot, asked to leave, and I did manage to score some summer shorts from Aero for $18/ea.

3 security guards looked my way, but they didn't care/know how to approach His Greatness, I suppose.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I stopped at a gas station on my way to an uncle's house and on my way out a kid said, "Oh, that's cool! What is that?"
    I said, "Thanks. It's a Springfield XDm."
    Kid: "That's awesome! What, is it a BB gun or real?"
    Me: "It's real."
    Kid: "Cool!"
    Then he gave me a light "punch" to the shoulder with the goofiest grin ever. I found out later from my cousin that this fellow goes by two names, and his identity depends on what day it is.:n00b:

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    i OC my SA 1911 Loaded today. first time i have ever carried a 1911. went to the drycleaners and to walmart. i got a few odd looks but no one said anything

Hobie8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Lake County
    I'm still an OC virgin, but I'll probably "do it" for the first time this summer. I sail and jet ski off of Lake St. in Gary, and alot of the time when I'm pulling the boat out, the security guys are long gone. I picked up a Blackhawk holster with the latch to reduce the chances of dropping my G19 in the lake while crawling around on the boat. IWB against the skin is not real confortable, so I'll wear it on my belt with T-shirt over it.

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I'll wear it on my belt with T-shirt over it.

This is technically still CC but baby steps if you need to.

Went to Red Robin had a nice talk with a employee about guns and how his lady doesent want gun around there kids even after a attempted robbery a there home. Told him about INGO for advice, wally world (scored the last 2 boxes of Blazer Brass):rockwoot:

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    A fellow Muncie open carrier. That's good. I have yet to see another person in Muncie open carry in the two years I have lived here.

haha yeah i haven't seen anyone open carry here either other then myself. I did the the OC thing on the first day i got my permit because i heard from so many that it's "wrong" I got my friend to open carry as well that night at the Rickers on Mcgalliard and North Walmart. He was carrying a Glock 21SF and i had a Beretta 92FS Inox in a Safari Land shoulder rig over a white tank top. I got a lot of stares and a little girl in front of me at the check out wouldn't take her eyes off my Beretta. Also the two forigeiners running the register were pissed, while I was leaving I could hear them mubling to eachother in their langauge while physically looking distraught. The second gas station is where I was asked if I had a permit, and then was asked on how you get one...The cashier their was also nervous and in a very quick and nervous gesture he gave my friend his change back. I also had a bunch of wannabe gang bangers at the N. Walmart walking towards me talking to eachother but as soon as they saw my friend and I were carrying they stopped talking and just stared at us as they walked by without saying a word. The last thing to happen from all of this was the greeter was kinda ****** as we walked out of the store for carrying but nothing major.

My girlfriend wasn't to pleased about it though, saying that by open carrying like that, i was just being an "attention whore" and that it was irresponsible and cocky. lol

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN

Also OC often in Muncie, was at Tai Smile II, Best Buy and Goodwill just this week. NO PROBLEMS!:rockwoot:

Stop by Anderson when you get a chance! Haven't had problems here either

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I decided to OC my Sig229 today for a change(I typically CC). After leaving work, I hit Gander Mountain and Jimmy John's for lunch. No one said a word, but I did get a few looks.:dunno: I gotta run back out in a bit, I think I'll OC the rest of the day and see if I get any reactions.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom