• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    Went for a weekend trip to E'vil (Evansville) for a redneck wedding reception. OC'd everywhere except around family & the dive bar my buddy took us to (I think it was just Northwest of the Lloyd's & 41 intersection). Throughout the 3 day trip I only had 2 encounters about my firearm. First was at the Evansville Wal-Mart, the guy working the gun counter asked if I was a cop, I of course replied no, just a Hoosier. He was ok with my OC'ing, just warned me to be careful where I did it, which I replied that I OC everywhere. His jaw dropped when I told him I OC and live in Hammond, right next to Gary. Nice enough guy though.

Second encounter was the Terre Haute Wal-Mart on the way north on 41. I had to use the restroom and also buy a pair of pliers (had to fix something on car). Entered the store, noticed the elderly lady greeter saw my firearm, I didn't care since I had to kick sand on my feet (biblical reference). As I'm leaving the restroom an employee stops me and asks if I'm a cop, of course I say no again (I think I'm going to make a shirt that says, "No I'm not a cop, I'm just a Hoosier".) Long story a little shorter a Co-Manager is called who asks for my permit, I give her my License, she asks for my ID with a picture (I'm figuring I'll get out quicker if I comply and the cops aren't called). She was ok with me OC'ing since I had a license, she said she should call the cops since my addresses were different, but I explained ISP knew and I didn't have to legally get a new card.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    I know you were being polite and just trying to get your shopping done, but that's a bit much for me. I would have simply left and told her she gets no more of my $$ and would be spreading the word amongst my friends as well.

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    I really needed the pair of pliers, and I don't know Terre Haute very well. Wal-Mart is the first thing you hit coming from the south. It's the only Wal-Mart that has given me any trouble. I'll continue going to the local Wal-Marts till they give me trouble as well since they have good prices on ammo, when they actually have any. Same thing with the local Meijer, I haven't had trouble even though others have. Every experience I have prepares me more for the next time.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Saturday ... downtown Lafayette and the Lafayette Brewing Company. The only people who commented were the people who were with me. One (whom I met at the IDPA match in my squad) asked if I was LEO, as I don't think he's accustomed to seeing private citizens carrying openly. He didn't seem to mind, it was more of a curiosity thing. Then of course singlestacksig teased me a bit, but he's a friend and I expect it!

Then Blockbuster and the Kroger gas station in my home town on the way home. No worries either place.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Today I had to run a few errands so I decided to OC for the 2nd time. I went to Dick's in the mall, Advanced Auto Parts, and Home Depot. Got a couple looks, but no one said anything, and I didn't have any problems. I have been thinking about a glock 23 with an IWB holster, but after a couple times of OC I'm thinking about just getting a kydex for my G22.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    I just OC'ed into my bosses office and asked for a raise.
    biggrin.gif

:)

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Marathon at 31/32 in Westfield...............Sort of.

Let me preface this by saying that I have been CC (XD 45 service w/ MTAC IWB) for about 3 months. I also go in that particular gas station on average 2 times/day (morning coffee and afternoon fountain drink) and see the same cashiers often.

So today, after reading this thread, I wanted to see what would happen if my shirt "happened" to get tucked in between my rig and self. Usually, when I get out of my car, my shirt does this, and I usually just pull it out, covering my gun. Today was different. I get out of my car, walk into the station and notice a woman talking to the cashier, and four other patrons browsing the candy. I proceed to get my fountain drink and another lady was finishing filling up her cup. She looked at me when she was putting the lid on her drink (my gun was in full view), and she didn't even notice. As I finish filling my drink and start walking to put the lid on/get a straw, I hear, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH A GUN IN MY STORE?" from the cashier. I looked up and noticed she was laughing. At this point I said, "protection." She, still laughing, said, "she (pointing to the lady she was talking to) said oh, my, god, he has a gun." As I get closer to the register, the lady walked out of the store. The cashier, still laughing, rang me up and I told her I was legal to carry. She got a good laugh out of it, she didn't care and thought it was funny that people actually "freak out" at the sight of a gun.

I guess I should start OC in Westfield.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm still waiting to see one of you other guys carrying openly (other than buddies of mine who are with me frequently).

A couple of months ago in Greencastle I saw a guy carrying a small self-loader crossdraw at the Gas America. Yeah, mine was showing too, but we did not interact.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Today I had to run a few errands so I decided to OC for the 2nd time. I went to Dick's in the mall, Advanced Auto Parts, and Home Depot. Got a couple looks, but no one said anything, and I didn't have any problems. I have been thinking about a glock 23 with an IWB holster, but after a couple times of OC I'm thinking about just getting a kydex for my G22.

So you guys never get crap in the mall? They don't care? I think when I finally get comfortable with CC'ing, my first OC will be through there... like... submersive therapy :P

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Now that I think about it... the only thing that makes me even the slightest comfortable thinking about OC'ing are the comments and this forum... like I've got backup

I dunno, I think once I get out there and try it myself, I'm going to feel VERY alone, and VERY nervous, like I'm in the wrong and will be told so.

... I think when I get mine, I need to OC with some of you guys sometime, to feel more comfortable about it... :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom