• ...and so much more!
  • dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I open carried at the local saddle club, where I was picking up free manure for my garden. I had a jacket on when I arrived, but took it off to shovel manure into the truck. When I was pulling out through their gates, someone came over to help me and said "I see you are carrying a firearm. Good for you!"

Things are often more sensible in the small towns :)

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Late report....
    Steak-n-shake at US31 and Stop 11 on Saturday. Also spoke in front of a group of about 50 or so people later that evening at the Seasons hotel in Nashville. To my knowledge, no one cared (about the firearm. They APPEARED to care about my little speaking part).

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2014
    Merrillville
    Meijer in Merrillville.
    Home Depot and Menard's in Hobart/Merrillville
    Centier Bank in downtown Hobart
    Ultra Foods off Taft in Merrillville
    Strack's off Taft in Merrillville
    Jelly pancake house in Merrillville

i65 Auto/Transmission repair is one of my AMSOIL retail installer accounts and they recently took a bigger interest in trying AMSOIL products after they saw me walk in open carrying my 1911 for the first time. The owners are big gun fans.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I did some grocery shopping at the Meijer on SR 37 in Noblesville. Nobody said anything or even looked at me funny.

BTW, they have a great price on pork loin right now. $2 off the per pound price. I bought 5 of them.

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    Last saturday at fry's in noblesville spent at least 2-3 hours in the store, and was approached by 2 other shoppers inquiring about my m&p and asking if I had any issues ocing yet.

Also overheard a middle aged woman asking her (what I assume) father if I "am aloud to have a gun", to which I was glad to hear him respond "In Indiana he can carry his gun however he wants"

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    I'm OCing in Cabela's in Hammond right now. Ifudare01 was a little nervous about his shirt pulling up and exposing his G42. So I took off my coat to show off my XDm. He didn't feel so exposed after that.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    last-minute decision to open carry because the sweatshirt I was using for cover was just way too warm by afternoon. In the past, I have just tied the jacket around my waist to go in certain places. I decided that "carrying" wasn't going to be an issue in these facilities

Gander Mountain in Avon (no comments)

New Ross Feed and Grain. I walked in the office and there was a large envelope on the counter, taking raffle tickets for the local gun club's drawing next week. That verified my assumption that this small town was probably gun-friendly. While walking between buildings to get my purchase, one of the guys said "hey is that a gun!" Then he and the owner looked at each other with this exaggerated dramatic look and the owner said "Well I'm afraid we can't let you in our establishment."

I just laughed and said "you're just afraid I'm going to win those guns in the raffle". They went on to ask me what I was carrying and then we talked about what they carry and what their wives carry....

I wouldn't try to pull off a robbery at the New Ross Steak House.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Guy came up to me in Subway, said "This is the safest Subway in Indiana today", patted his pocket, and thanked me for carrying. That's awesome.

Another guy asked if I was LEO because of OC. Didn't know IN was open carry. Shot the **** about guns and laws.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    i kinda OCd in a circle k today i don't try to hide it but i don't outright oc either just sloppy cc i guess. guy came up said "please tell me that's a real colt" i said "yep" and a 'merican fist bump followed

Peter McM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    McD's, 96th and Meridian; wife gets an occasional hankerin' for a sausage egg biscuit and hash browns. Only guy in eyesight of the Sig on my belt seemed to be too engrossed in his Indy Star crossword to notice.

Top Bottom