• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just left subway. Girl at register is always positive about me carrying. She says yesterday a guy was very intimidated by me. She was laughing about it. Said she feels safer with me there than a cop. Haha.

My friend put it well...

Guy with full head of hair and a gun: law abiding citizen
    Bald guy with gun: public menace.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Just left subway. Girl at register is always positive about me carrying. She says yesterday a guy was very intimidated by me. She was laughing about it. Said she feels safer with me there than a cop. Haha.

My friend put it well...

Guy with full head of hair and a gun: law abiding citizen
    Bald guy with gun: public menace.

Hey now, I like my short hair! :@ya:

Last edited:

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Yesterday I was in Meijer in Lafayette....OC my 1911 .45 cocked and locked..walking from parking lot I look to my left there is a jeep rolling along next to me looking for a place to park....uniformed Lafayette PD....he loks at me and I give a casual wave and smile....

In the back of my mind I kept thinking that this will finally bethe day that a LEO stops me...all throughout the store we kept walking past each as we picked up groceries...I smiled as I passed...he would slow down and kePt his eye on my 1911....now I am dressed in business slacks, nice polo and my hair is short and tight....people usually "assume" that I am a LEO....

Anyway...the LEO never did stop and talk to me! Danggit !!!
    no one ever spots me nor questions me.....oh well....better to be off the radar, I guess

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Stopped at Chik-Fil-A in Greenwood on 135. Pretty sure I held the door open for an officer and his two kids... as they both did exit a police cruiser. He didn't mention it, but he did notice.

Apparently it was kid's day or something, because holy crap the place was loaded with them. Cashier asked if I was an officer, says he noticed the gun. None of the kids ran screaming.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Got off of work around 18:00. Made my way to the Indy South Gander Mountain for disappointment in ammo selection.

Stopped at the Walmart Gas Station next door and had a guy approach me as I was getting out of my car. He said something about needing money but all I paid attention to was how close he was getting to me at which point I opened my car door and propped it open between us effectively blocking him. I said no I don't have any cash for you and he walked away.

Headed to Starbucks on Southport Rd after filling up on gas. Got a Cool Lime Refresher :) and a Cool Lime Refresher to go pack. The gentleman in line behind me noticed I was OCing. He pointed to my hip and asked if it was a Glock. I smiled and said no it's a M&P9, Smith & Wesson. He didn't say anything else so I said that I use to own a few Glocks and recently switched to carrying the M&P mainly because of the finger grooves and how my fingers never fit them well because they're chubby. He held out his hand and pointed to his fingers and said me too. We had a laugh and it was a nice encounter. :thumbsup:

Rockbear78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2013
    Westfield
    New member and new handgunner owner and carrier as of this year, open carry every day to work, though not in the office, wich usually includes a stop by my local shell gas station and has made a few very nice conversations with fellow carriers, the shell station is on the corner of 146th street in noblesville, but often open carry at the wal mart in westfield as well as the BP.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Of course you were! :tumbleweed:

I'll be at that Starbucks more often since my girlfriend and her family got me a gift card for my birthday.

Depending on the time I wasn't too far either. OC'd at the Lowes at Madison and County Line Rd, then the Speedway station on Madison just South of Southport Road and the O'Reilly Auto Parts next door. All around 8pm and a little after.

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    Went to BP station, the bank, Walmart & Meijer (to check ammo sections). Then to Kroger for food.
    When I got to ammo section in Walmart, a guy & his wife & daughter were there. He had an AIR FORCE t-shirt on. I asked if he served. He said no, but his son does.
    He then saw my 1911 & extended his hand to me. As I shook his hand, he said, "Glad to see you're packin! I wish more people would". This sparked a conversation about firearms & carrying. We talked for a few minutes, thanked each other & parted.
    I was pleased with the positive recognition. All in all, a good experience.;)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Went to Khols to pick up some things with my brother. Then stopped on US 31 at the side of the road and talked to a friend. Just left Meijer on 135. Got quite a few stares, typically I don't. One younger man got the attention of his elder and nodded his head at me as I approached. When I walked past, I heard him said ".... just wide open like that... "

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    This morning, Lowes (AGAIN) then McDonalds. This evening, Meijer and Noble Romans Pizza (Southport Road/Emerson area). Meijer still has almost nothing on the ammo shelves but I did load on some 12 guage target loads. If you've got a 20 guage they have plenty of that.

Top Bottom