• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Thursday Night OCd to "Cigars and Guitars" with Melensdad as our gracious host. Had a great time getting to put names with faces and here the stories (Andy's Twig and Berries 1911 and Andy's Dent). Than had to stop in Cedar Lake and the BP to get gas, went inside to get a bottle of water and thought the guy behind the counter was going to crap his pants. He was very nice after he realized I wanted to PAY for my beverage.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Lets see....where all did we go yesterday.

Rural King, for a couple of Christmas gifts that were on sale. Then over to Orion Arms, where the wife put down some more money on her AK. Then to Bed Bath And Beyond so she could order a pressure cooker for canning. And then to Best Buy, where I compared phones, (I'll be shopping for a new one relatively soon.)

Down the street to Chuy's for lunch. Delicious as usual. Then to the Sams Club gas station, and then into Walmart for groceries and ammunition. One guy in Walmart stopped me to ask what I was carrying; RIA .45 ACP. Talked with him for a minute, and he seemed friendly enough...until he started rambling on about the Five-seveN, and how it should be illegal and no one should have one...yadda yadda yadda.

Overall, good day. :)

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado

Rural King, for a couple of Christmas gifts that were on sale. Then over to Orion Arms, where the wife put down some more money on her AK. Then to Bed Bath And Beyond so she could order a pressure cooker for canning. And then to Best Buy, where I compared phones, (I'll be shopping for a new one relatively soon.)

Down the street to Chuy's for lunch. Delicious as usual. Then to the Sams Club gas station, and then into Walmart for groceries and ammunition. One guy in Walmart stopped me to ask what I was carrying; RIA .45 ACP. Talked with him for a minute, and he seemed friendly enough...until he started rambling on about the Five-seveN, and how it should be illegal and no one should have one...yadda yadda yadda.

What was his problem with the Five-seveN? It always interests me the reasons people give on why they don't like them.

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    Yesterday at Walmart on 30/41, then to walgreens across the street to drop wife's script, back of to stracks in the walmart parking log and finally back to walgreens to pickup meds. Few glances here and there but that was it. :yesway:

Later than night CC in House of Kobe on 41, for the wife's birthday, full of friends and family and did not want to be asked to leave :(

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Now that I'm back from my trip to Virginia/Maryland/DC, I can get back to the comfort of OC!

Had a nice dinner out this weekend at the Chinese place on 71st and Keystone on Saturday. Then some errands on Sunday (Wally World and the drug store). Pretty unexciting weekend - just what I needed.

Going to see the new Bond flick this evening. Anyone have a Walther P99 I can borrow? :D I suppose the XD will have to do.....

mrproc1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Indy
    DONT TEAR ME A NEW ONE! Have a question..
    Today I paid my last fee to carry, now does that allow me to CC, and OC? Or do I need another endorsment to OC?
    Also since no class is need, besides schools and post offices, where should I not carry?

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville

Rural King, for a couple of Christmas gifts that were on sale. Then over to Orion Arms, where the wife :eek: put down some more money on her AK. Then to Bed Bath And Beyond so she could order a pressure cooker for canning. And then to Best Buy, where I compared phones, (I'll be shopping for a new one relatively soon.)

Why am I always the last to know these things!?!

cmepp18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    since when could you carry in a bank? sorry if thats a stupid question.
    A bank is gtg. No where does it say you can't, so carry on!

Of course, just like any other business they could post no handgun signs...

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Today I paid my last fee to carry, now does that allow me to CC, and OC? Or do I need another endorsment to OC?

With an Indiana License To Carry a Handgun you are legal to carry openly, concealed or anywhere in between. Secure areas of airports are also off limits.

When you said you "paid your last fee" does that mean you haven't received your license yet, but you have payed for it? If so, you must receive it before carrying legally.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Also since no class is need, besides schools and post offices, where should I not carry?

The Indiana Code (IC) does not specify open or concealed. Therefore, either is legal. Most of the IC that applies is IC 35-47. But there are some other sections. I'm on a cell phone, too hard to look up.
    I know if you go to the Indiana State Police FAQs, I think it was question 14, is OC or CC legal. The FAQs are not the law. But like I said. I can't point out where it is specified, since it isn't.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    What was his problem with the Five-seveN? It always interests me the reasons people give on why they don't like them.

Too many rounds in the magazine. Clearly it's just a dangerous weapon and nobody should be allowed to have a gun that is THAT effective.

I can only assume that he believes people should be allowed to carry weapons AS LONG AS THEY AREN'T VERY EFFECTIVE!

MrOrtega said:
    Why am I always the last to know these things!?!

Sorry; I forgot to tell you that we got married on the 27th. :)

Top Bottom