• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    At the market and liquor store by my house. The guy sampling alcohol at the liquor store struck up conversation with me. He used to pocket carry a keltec 380 and has a Ruger P95 now. No one was robbed, shot, or arrested.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Chik-Fil-A for lunch. No one said anything. The manager actually offered to get me a refill (for the first time ever). Held the door for a woman with a double stroller on the way out. My gun, being two feet away from her kids, didn't phase her.

Then Kroger on the way home. They seem to have a new rent-a-guard up-front. I don't know if these guys are Kroger employees or what... just the gray shirts and badges. So, it was his first time seeing me. The other guard, a younger guy, is pretty cool. Talks to me about guns sometimes.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Went to the Poe Fireman's Festival tonight for a little bit with Mrs. T-DOGG and the daughter. Talked to a nice young man selling tickets for a minute after he asked if my Glock 21 had any issues with the recoil spring. Saw a County Mounty there who was also OCing (ok he was in uniform I will admit), but he said nothing as he walked by. Nobody was shot or harmed, but I did get robbed. I went there with $60 cash and left with $20. Not sure what happened but vaguely remember having my wallet out several times. The chili dogs were good.

wizard_of_ahs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Terre Haute
    All positive experiences.... meaning "NOTHING" out of the ordinary, not even a look !!!

ALL in Terre Haute:

1. Ace Washer - 8th St. & Hulman
    2. Sarge's shoe repair - 7th St. & Margaret Ave.
    3. Walmart - East
    4. Kroger - East
    5. Burger King - East
    6. Rural King

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Saw one of the gentlemen who work at Westforth Sports at Merrillville Portillo's tonight OCing his glock.

The clientele seemed none the worse for having the two of us in the same locale. Sandwiches still rock too.

My first time ever seeing another OCer

nightdragon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2013
    south bend
    Meijer gas station on Portage this morning while getting my morning Redbull.
    Will be going to Lowes later today and Walgreens .
    So far I've been OC since the day I received my pink paper, and have not had anyone really notice or care.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Chik-Fil-A for lunch. No one said anything. The manager actually offered to get me a refill (for the first time ever). Held the door for a woman with a double stroller on the way out. My gun, being two feet away from her kids, didn't phase her.

Then Kroger on the way home. They seem to have a new rent-a-guard up-front. I don't know if these guys are Kroger employees or what... just the gray shirts and badges. So, it was his first time seeing me. The other guard, a younger guy, is pretty cool. Talks to me about guns sometimes.

Securitas guards are contract guards. Kroger contracts with Securitas for a visible presence, just like a lot of other places that pay for guards.

Sockmonkey and I OC'd Friday night at the Marietta Fish Fry. I walked past at least one uniformed deputy and at least two of the deputies running for Shelby County Sherriff. I happen to be friends with a third candidate who came and talked with my family and I for a while. He knows I carry/was carrying. I can't vote for him since I live in another county, which has become a joke. I am not voting for him much more and with much more effort than I'm not voting for the other candidates. I also made a joke about favors and corrupt regimes. He took it in stride and said me and everyone else.

Today I OC'd to sprawl-mart and Papa Murphy's.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I've been doing a lot of bicycling during the past month and have been OCing while riding. Because of the fact that we are riding down a bike path that gets a lot of use, in addition to city streets in Munster, Highland, Griffith, Merrillville and Schererville, I am noticed by a lot of people. I haven't heard too many comments one way or the other. I passed a couple of women the other day and heard "did you see that?" as I passed by.

The most noteworthy comment came from another bicycle rider on the path. I was with my wife, and he passed us at a faster pace and said "nice pistol" as he went past. I said thank you. We caught up to him at a street crossing, and he asked me if I was a cop or if I "just carry". I said I just carry. He was very positive, said he was pro-2A and supports people who choose to carry. I told him he should join INGO! I've been watching the intro threads, maybe we'll get a new member out of that encounter. :)

Also carried at Culver's in Highland (Ridge and Cline) Friday night for dinner.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I CC every day all day but have never OC'd before away from my own property. I was going to the Beech Grove range today to try out a new shotgun and see if I had gotten rid of my AK trigger problems (sorry to say, no). I also wanted to shoot my XD9 so I thought why not, just OC it. Spent an hour at BG range then went to Meijer at Southport and Emerson (Indy Southside) to see if there was anything decent on the ammo shelves (there wasn't :noway:). Then went into McDonalds at Madison and Edgewood. Very uneventful which is what I expected. I think I will be OC'ing more from now on.

Last edited:

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I CC every day all day but have never OC'd before away from my own property. I was going to the Beech Grove range today to try out a new shotgun and see if I had gotten rid of my AK trigger problems (sorry to say, no). I also wanted to shot my XD9 so I thought why not, just OC it. Spent an hour at BG range then went to Meijer at Southport and Emerson (Indy Southside) to see if there was anything decent on the ammo shelves (there wasn't :noway:). Then went into McDonalds at Madison and Edgewood. Very uneventful which is what I expected. I think I will be OC'ing more from now on.
    Welcome to the immature and irresponsible world of OC. Try not to get shot and don't let 5 year old girls steal your gun.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I walked around Walmart in Noblesville for an hour grocery shopping. No one said anything. One guy noticed in the checkout lane next to me. He showed his gf I had a gun, but didn't say anything to me.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Went to Khol's and BJ's Brewhouse.

A man walked into BJ's wearing a white t-shirt with a big picture of Trayvon Martin's face on it. Some woman stopped him to get a picture with him. My friends and I could only look on in disbelief at how ridiculous he looked.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Went to Khol's and BJ's Brewhouse.

A man walked into BJ's wearing a white t-shirt with a big picture of Trayvon Martin's face on it. Some woman stopped him to get a picture with him. My friends and I could only look on in disbelief at how ridiculous he looked.
    You should've ask for a picture with him too. :D

Top Bottom