• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    CVS last night to buy tuna at $.077 per can and some other deals for preps. Guy asked me about my CZ and it not being covered up.

I told him I like to open carry. He said he just got his "permit" and was wondering. I asked him if he was from Michigan. He said no he is from here. Explained about our license to carry and OC or CC is fine.

Clerk chimed in and said we can carry any way we want. The guy asked again if we were saying we didn't need to cover it up. We both told him yes again.

Then he asked, what does concealed mean. The clerk and I just looked at him, then at each other and the clerk told him "hidden from view". The guy then says well I have an indiana concealed carry permit.

We just laughed and I said, OK. Pull out your LICENSE and find the part that says concealed and come out to my car and show me.:rolleyes:

Needless to say I didn't wait around for that.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Got around a bit the last few days:
    - Discount Tire in Avon. Swapping some tires around on rims.
    - Pace Performance Coatings in Brownsburg to drop off some rims for sand blasting
    - Camping World down in Greenwood to browse their lot
    - Augustino's in Greenwood for a nice dinner out with my wife
    - Starbucks a couple of times, and surely a few other places I'm forgetting......

Not a peep.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    OC'd to the Meijer on Southport Rd / Emerson Ave this evening and something strange happened... I walked over to the Cafe area and just as I got over there I recognized a fella who works at Beech Grove Firearms. I sat my basket down on the table and turned to say hi with a smile and I just see him looking at me and shaking his head then he walked off...

Maybe he frowns on OC but I thought that surely couldn't be the reason since he was printing worse than any CC'er I've ever seen.

Anyways, just before Meijer I went to Beech Grove Firearms and put a Sig Sauer P238 Equinox on layaway. I am pumped to get it paid off and out to the range! drool...

P238-Equinox-detail-hero.jpg

Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Lots of strange, funny and interesting stories in this thread. I have an Indiana LTCH, and CC whenever I am in Indiana, but have never felt comfortable doing OC. I know there is an "it may provoke problems or it may defuse problems" constant debate -- like "tastes great" vs. "less filling" -- so I think we all need to let our conscience be our guide. At this time in my life and in the current state of affairs, I choose to CC, not OC.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Lots of strange, funny and interesting stories in this thread. I have an Indiana LTCH, and CC whenever I am in Indiana, but have never felt comfortable doing OC. I know there is an "it may provoke problems or it may defuse problems" constant debate -- like "tastes great" vs. "less filling" -- so I think we all need to let our conscience be our guide. At this time in my life and in the current state of affairs, I choose to CC, not OC.

waynesworld-cool-story-bro.jpg

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana

You fail to understand the thread topic. Try here https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...lf_defense/71996-the_open_carry_argument.html

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    OC'd all around the apartment complex on our nightly walk, and to pay rent. Neighbors complimented me on my 1911. OC'd to Donut Bank, Walmart, Fresh Market, and Best Buy. No issues. Stopped at Hucks, not a word was said.

Was OCing as I walked into work yesterday and ran into a INGOer. Hey Doug!!!

Coltsfan33

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 19, 2013
    Greenfield
    Oc'd today at Speedway at Allisonville and 82nd st to get gas at a BARGAIN PRICE OF $4.17 :rockwoot:, and then at Chase Bank in Greenfield.

While waiting in line a speedway a man in front of me glanced at my hip then quickly looked away. Then a guy behind me asked me what kind of holster i had on (fobus paddle) and talked about his glock 22 and a new purchase he made a few days ago.

arthrimus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Carmel
    I OC'd my Beretta 96 at 9 Irish Brothers in Lafayette with my father after a couple of hours of target shooting, enjoyed a Reuben and fried pickles, and had no issues!

Top Bottom