• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    Walked into The Country Porch gas station in Linton today and the little cutie behind the counter saw my OC and said "Am I about to get robbed?"...To which I replied "Not as long as I'm here"...She just smiled and proceeded to tell me her dad always OC also and thinks it's cool that people do these days.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    My jacket usually comes off inside. Even then, my sweater/sweatshirt might still cover it.

Ate at Culver's the other evening (treat for my wife) and Hardee's this morning (uhg). Shopped at Menards this afternoon. No issues, as typical.

But, yeah, I end up concealed a lot over the winter. Not intentional (either way), just how the wardrobe works out.

Now I have to rep you for this OC. One of the girls I spoke with about OC'ing is actually 21 and not in high school like I thought. She approached me Saturday night (16th) and said she was interested in learning to shoot. We looked at our schedules and set a date for the 27 for me to take her to the range. If all goes well, maybe our 2nd stop will be to start the process of getting her a LTCH.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Saturday: Counsin's birthday dinner at Scotty's Brewhouse off of Southport. Family got to talking about guns and getting licenses, was pretty good. Lots of good gun talk.

Sunday: Margeritas on 135

This morning: Starbucks

Today: Will go to Subway, BP.

jkwparrott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Corydon, IN
    Just started OC'ing today. Went to WalMart in Westfield. I didn't notice any stares.

Good deal, welcome to the club. You really won't notice many people acting any differently. I get a few sideways glances from time to time, depending on where I am, but honestly most people don't even notice. I think that people are used to seeing things on other people's belts such as cell phones and things and they really don't take much notice.

T2D4

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Kohl's, DSW, Famous Footwear on Ireland in that shopping center with the parking lot laid out by a crackhead. Wife and I wanted lunch so we went to the infamous Steak and Shake on Ireland Rd. Not a word said. A manager type guy at the cash register got a good look at the CZ when I paid up. No issues. It looks like they got the word, alright.

Then to Meijer on 331 for groceries and shot shells.:rockwoot:

It's all good.

sorry for the super-late bump (and I can't PM you yet), but what places around SB/Mishawaka have you had trouble at?

and good call on that parking lot

Last edited:

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    sorry for the super-late bump (and I can't PM you yet), but what places around SB/Mishawaka have you had trouble at?

and good call on that parking lot

I haven't had any trouble to speak of. A couple of members were hassled by the manager of the Steak and Shake referenced in my post.

Apparently, corporate immediately straightened him out. I went there later to see if he got the message.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Dawson's 2 in brownsburg
    i had a jacket on so i wasnt...fully open...but i was wearing OWB either way
    no issues

Dawson's doesn't seem to mind at all (like pretty much everywhere in Brownsburg). We've had dinner there a few times, always OC. Even at the bar. Pricey, but pretty decent!

I'll throw some rep your way......:D

T2D4

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    We've had dinner there a few times, always OC. Even at the bar.

this is another question i had. when you folks OC at "bar" type of restaurants, how it's received. didn't know if there were a stigma with OC'ing around alcohol (although i don't think anyone who is OC'ing is getting hammered)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    this is another question i had. when you folks OC at "bar" type of restaurants, how it's received. didn't know if there were a stigma with OC'ing around alcohol (although i don't think anyone who is OC'ing is getting hammered)

I sit at the bar at BW3 probably twice a week, OC. I've never been hassled. Even had a good convo with the mgr last week or so about carrying.

Another guy sat next to me apparently also carried, CC though.

Maybe it's just my area, or the BW3 I go to...

Conversely, I was approached at "That Place" in Greenwood by an off-duty cop while I OCd at the bar. He just showed me his badge, and said he has no problem with OC, but typically doesn't do it in such a crowded place. Wasn't really a negative/positive encounter, but an encounter none-the-less.

Carrying at a bar is your choice, and you should do it responsibly. You're within your rights to do so.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Dawson's doesn't seem to mind at all (like pretty much everywhere in Brownsburg). We've had dinner there a few times, always OC. Even at the bar. Pricey, but pretty decent!

I'll throw some rep your way......:D

+1 for Dawson's in Speedway and Brownsburg. Great folks and great food.

/end threadjack/

Top Bottom