• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    You can lay the blame for that at the feet of the governors. Trump has (rightly so IMHO) allowed the states to manage their own situations with regards to Covid. They're the ones that have been shutting down businesses, not Trump.

You clearly do not understand consumer confidence, this virus is intertwined with the economy. There is no one or the other. His mixed messaging, anti mask rhetoric, comparing it to the flu, pushing unproven miracle cures, saying it's magically going to go away, holding packed rallies, etc. has done nothing but make it worse. All I wanted was clear and consistent messaging based in science. My YTD numbers aren't upside down because of Holcomb's 6 week shutdown, they are from down because of Covid-19.

johny5

not a shill account
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    You clearly do not understand consumer confidence, this virus is intertwined with the economy. There is no one or the other. His mixed messaging, anti mask rhetoric, comparing it to the flu, pushing unproven miracle cures, saying it's magically going to go away, holding packed rallies, etc. has done nothing but make it worse. All I wanted was clear and consistent messaging based in science.

It seems clear to me that you and your business are suffering. Many of us are. I hope that, no matter what happens in the November election, things will improve for you and yours.

I completely disagree on your assessment of who and what is driving this, but wish you the best of luck. We're all in this together.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You clearly do not understand consumer confidence, this virus is intertwined with the economy. There is no one or the other. His mixed messaging, anti mask rhetoric, comparing it to the flu, pushing unproven miracle cures, saying it's magically going to go away, holding packed rallies, etc. has done nothing but make it worse. All I wanted was clear and consistent messaging based in science.
    That's a little difficult to do when the "science" changes every other day. Trump has always encouraged the opening up of the economy ASAP to minimize the damage, and to a large extent, that's been happening, albeit gradually. I've not seen him espouse any "anti-mask" rhetoric. It seems like you're sending mixed messaging. Seems like you want a lock down, AND want the consumer to go about their business as they did pre-covid. Maybe I'm just not following your logic.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It seems clear to me that you and your business are suffering. Many of us are. I hope that, not matter what happens in the November election, things will improve for you and yours.

I completely disagree on your assessment of who and what is driving this, but wish you the best of luck. We're all in this together.

Yes, ^^^this^^^, absolutely.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I've wondered about what the original poster said also.. we already know liberals will commit murder to cover up their crimes..

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

C’mon man! You think it more plausible the Democrat Secret Virus Infection Team gave Trump the virus, than him contacting it during one of his numerous superspreader events?

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    So over 100 days of "peaceful protest" (riots) and dragging dead bodies all across the country for multiple funerals is helping control the spread? :rolleyes:

johny5

not a shill account
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    C’mon man! You think it more plausible the Democrat Secret Virus Infection Team gave Trump the virus, than him contacting it during one of his numerous superspreader events?

I agree that the idea of an intentional infection of the President strains credibility, but it seems like there are some other possible (and more plausible) explanations in addition the two, above.

It's precisely these sorts of false dilemma arguments that have us all at loggerheads.

voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    That's a little difficult to do when the "science" changes every other day. Trump has always encouraged the opening up of the economy ASAP to minimize the damage, and to a large extent, that's been happening, albeit gradually. I've not seen him espouse any "anti-mask" rhetoric. It seems like you're sending mixed messaging. Seems like you want a lock down, AND want the consumer to go about their business as they did pre-covid. Maybe I'm just not following your logic.

My god you guys deny your eyes. I can't come to these echo chambers anymore, it's infuriating.

That's a little difficult to do when the "science" changes every other day.

Science evolves, and best practices change as new information comes to light.

Trump has always encouraged the opening up of the economy ASAP to minimize the damage, and to a large extent, that's been happening, albeit gradually.

Again, not the issue.

I've not seen him espouse any "anti-mask" rhetoric.

He literally just made fun of Biden on the national stage less than a week ago with anti-mask rhetoric.

It seems like you're sending mixed messaging. Seems like you want a lock down, AND want the consumer to go about their business as they did pre-covid. Maybe I'm just not following your logic.

I wanted clear and concise messaging from the top 5 months ago so we didn't have 1/3rd of the country denying the reality that every other First World country is trying to deal with. To come together as a nation to employ every mitigation method and public health practice at our disposal out of respect for their neighbors, this is not a lock down. This is confronting the reality of the world.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    An utter lack of respect and disregard of a Pandemic. The man can and should have every single person that he comes into contact rapid tested and follow the guidelines that are tried and true. He has everything at his disposal and disregarded it for political imagery and/or because of flagrant incompetence.

Oh for crap sake. Seriously. Pandemic.....Not seeing it.
    Go back in your box and pull the lid down.. This will all be over shortly........:faint:

Sorry peoples I have to read all of this stuff you guys post as that goes with the chair and believe me it has made me near insane at times.

johny5

not a shill account
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    My god you guys deny your eyes. I can't come to these echo chambers anymore, it's infuriating.

Every response to your postings has been thoughtful and respectful. Nobody is trying to silence you or your opinion. Yes, we are challenging your assertions. Is that not the point of public discourse - to test ideas?

How, exactly, is this an echo chamber?

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    I agree that the idea of an intentional infection of the President strains credibility, but it seems like there are some other possible (and more plausible) explanations in addition the two, above.

It's precisely these sorts of false dilemma arguments that have us all at loggerheads.
    I'm not saying it was intentional but I do know the desperate mind of the marxist and would consider it like any other suspect, it needs to be eliminated as a suspect.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It seems clear to me that you and your business are suffering. Many of us are. I hope that, no matter what happens in the November election, things will improve for you and yours.

WE have lost untold revenues this year over this crap.
    Yes I said it. Crap.

If you all think this an echo chamber then just stop posting in here. Not you J-5.

voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    Oh for crap sake. Seriously. Pandemic.....Not seeing it.
    Go back in your box and pull the lid down.. This will all be over shortly........:faint:

Sorry peoples I have to read all of this stuff you guys post as that goes with the chair and believe me it has made me near insane at times.

It's people like you that need to have a few relatives catch a case, Karma seem's to be lacking these days. The idiots among us. Feel free to Ban me now.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

He did not get the virus after a "super spreader" event, he got it after a debate that reporting clearly shows had a spread afterwards.

It either naive or willful to think that the only way an intentional infection could occur is with some grand conspiracy team headed by the powerful. Heck, if posted here a suggestion that anyone positive with wuwho flu try to infect the President some might just try, much less in the dark webs where antifa scurry together. All it takes is an idea, initiative, and opportunity, just like the IRS scandal under Obama, the soldiers knew what would hurt the presidents opposition, they didn't need a directive to execute it...

johny5

not a shill account
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    It's people like you that need to have a few relatives catch a case, Karma seem's to be lacking these days. The idiots among us. Feel free to Ban me now.

This is emblematic of the sort of spiteful rhetoric and lack of civility that is plaguing our national discourse. To wish illness on someone you do not know (or really, anyone) is sad.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Um, CM has had the virus himself, as well as having family members come down with it. Maybe you should rethink your position.

Top Bottom