• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    With all the drama surrounding the RINOs playing into the democrats' hands and 70 or so, so-called malcontents, I'm a little surprised there hasn't been a single thread on this issue yet...or have I just missed them? Or is it "INGO's" opinion another umpteen-thousand page bill just what we need to address this issue?

:popcorn:

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    With all the drama surrounding the RINOs playing into the democrats' hands and 70 or so, so-called malcontents, I'm a little surprised there hasn't been a single thread on this issue yet...or have I just missed them? Or is it "INGO's" opinion another umpteen-thousand page bill just what we need to address this issue?

:popcorn:

Rand Paul is pro amnesty so NO need for the Libertarians to be up in arms.

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The two parties are breaking their necks trying to be the "saviors" of the illegal immigrants. They all know it is going to pass and want to be the party that is seen as getting it done. Marco Rubio knows that if he is seen as the face of immigration reform that he will get a massive amount of support from the new voting block. That would pave the way to the White House. The libs are working just as hard to secure this voting block. In the end, like most things that come down from Congress, they win and we lose.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I am so very sick of the slimy politicians on both sides of the fence just trying to buy votes. They must have their heads where the sun does not shine and are lucky not to be suffocating. They are definitely not thinking about the future of our country by letting 30 million (not just the 11 million that they are always tossing out at us) unskilled, undereducated and illiterate illegals into this country that will vote en masse for whoever promises to give them the most handouts. Goober Graham and the rest of the repukelicans are just letting the democreeps run all over them. What a bunch of self-centered losers we have voted into office to run this country right into the ground. We should not trust Rubio any farther than we can toss him. No illegal should have a path to full citizenship and right to vote. The Washington caste of people do not care what the rest of us will have to go through as they have widely separated themselves from the rest of us.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Since when is Rand Paul a libertarian?

Fair enough - but it would pay to remember:

He's likely as close to a libertarian as you will see elected to anything north of Dog Catcher anywhere in the country....

The only libertarians (small l) elected to anything of note have had an R after their name....

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    all amnesty will do is hand more votes to the democrats and bankrupt the usa ( think of reproduction habits of many groups that tend to be illegal)

I figure our gun rights will be really hampered within 15-20 years. Republicans will never out latino the republicans. There is just not much to gain by this.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    it won't stop the flow of illegal immigrants.

it won't result in current or new laws being enforced.

it will not result in hispanics flocking to the GOP.

it will result in millions of new democrat voters.

it will result in higher taxes to fund social programs.

Short version: it didn't work in 1986 and it won't work now.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    it won't stop the flow of illegal immigrants.

it won't result in current or new laws being enforced.

it will not result in hispanics flocking to the GOP.

it will result in millions of new democrat voters.

it will result in higher taxes to fund social programs.

Short version: it didn't work in 1986 and it won't work now.

AMEN BROTHER

Oh and on rand paul. He is a libertarian yet conservative. I think he might be wising up on the amnesty as the idea of it is not popular in KY

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    I think they would get more support if there was not a pathway to citizenship which is amnesty. Think of someone in their 50s who gets in and then gets social security without paying into it ( in most cases) or paying very little.

brownhornet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Mishawaka, IN
    It sickens me that the only reason politicians care about this is that they will look good to future voters who receive amnesty. You would think they would care about what the majority of citizens want which is to secure the border. If someone came here illegally they broke the law and don't deserve citizenship. Follow the rules and be rewarded, what's so hard about that?

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    It sickens me that the only reason politicians care about this is that they will look good to future voters who receive amnesty. You would think they would care about what the majority of citizens want which is to secure the border. If someone came here illegally they broke the law and don't deserve citizenship. Follow the rules and be rewarded, what's so hard about that?

Heck of it is Donnelly voted against the dream act, but has been with them on this and IN voters were stupid enough to elect him despite rejecting Obama because he appeared to be a conservative democrat ( I think I am the last one of those left in the world).

Further ANY REPUBLICAN who votes for this needs to get a primary challenge. I would rather see a dem elected than republicans think they can kick conservatives around. They have this last vote theory because they think white conservatives have "no place else to go". I hate that it breaks along race lines at time, but lets be honest most of the vote for R comes from whites and there is NO WAY amnesty will help conservatives at all. Matter of fact it will insure more presidents like Obama, more justices like Kagan and our gun rights go the way of Great Britain.

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    Heck of it is Donnelly voted against the dream act, but has been with them on this and IN voters were stupid enough to elect him despite rejecting Obama because he appeared to be a conservative democrat ( I think I am the last one of those left in the world).

Further ANY REPUBLICAN who votes for this needs to get a primary challenge. I would rather see a dem elected than republicans think they can kick conservatives around. They have this last vote theory because they think white conservatives have "no place else to go". I hate that it breaks along race lines at time, but lets be honest most of the vote for R comes from whites and there is NO WAY amnesty will help conservatives at all. Matter of fact it will insure more presidents like Obama, more justices like Kagan and our gun rights go the way of Great Britain.

Conservative democrat? Is there such an animal? I have never seen one in the wild.
    As to Rand Paul, he is not in favor of amnesty.

One other possible outcome, in addition to the bankrupting of the country, is the distinct possibility that the country could get broken up into two or more new countries which may or may not be a good thing. Time will tell.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Why don't we just divide Mexico into several states and admit them into the good old USA. Then the illegals won't be illegal and the rest won't have to travel so far.

Top Bottom